• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I bet Beat's an Assist Trophy that replicates his functionality in later MM Classic games: grabbing his user out of pits and flying them to safety.

Why is Beat here though? And why is he not dropping the invincible barrier Mega man needs to be good.

I bet Beat's an Assist Trophy that replicates his functionality in later MM Classic games: grabbing his user out of pits and flying them to safety.

But it just said that Beat's one of Mega Man's custom Specs (probably for his Up Spec.) Besides, we already have Elec Man for the Mega Man AT.

But it just said that Beat's one of Mega Man's custom Specs (probably for his Up Spec.) Besides, we already have Elec Man for the Mega Man AT.
It didn't say that when I replied, I think.

Oh yeah, I did edit in the caption a wee bit later. Sorry for the confusion.

Okay, being serious, that Plant Shield looks like it was photoshopped into the picture.

Okay, being serious, that Plant Shield looks like it was photoshopped into the picture.
maybe its a special model that no matter where you look at it, it will always be in the same position. like Micky Mouse's ears or something.

I'm going to take a guess that the Shadow Blade will be an alternative neutral special.

And he's lost a big tool this time around, his gliding.

YES MEGA MAN CUSTOM MOVES THAT ARE ACTUAL VARIANTS

Now where's Shadow Blade and Quick Boomerang for his Neutral B,

Hyper Bomb and Napalm Bomb for his Side B,

Rush JET Adaptor for his Up B

and Power Stone for his Down B

I mean if you don't Sakurai I'm canceling my preorder. It has to be exact.

Nobody can agree on keeping the character that is undeniably better than every other cast member?

Nobody can agree on keeping the character that is undeniably better than every other cast member?
And that is saying a lot, given that the second best character(s), the Ice Climbers, have GRAB INFINITES! It takes a lot to make a character stronger than a character(s) with infinites.

maybe its a special model that no matter where you look at it, it will always be in the same position. like Micky Mouse's ears or something.

No, looking close, it definitely looks like they just stuck a different model on leaf shield.

Boss-like attacks, huh?
Is it bad that my first thought is Air Man's throw out twenty different tiny twisters move?

YES MEGA MAN CUSTOM MOVES THAT ARE ACTUAL VARIANTS

Now where's Shadow Blade and Quick Boomerang for his Neutral B,

Hyper Bomb and Napalm Bomb for his Side B,

Rush JET Adaptor for his Up B

and Power Stone for his Down B

I mean if you don't Sakurai I'm canceling my preorder. It has to be exact.

I'd rather have Hornet Chaser for a Side B variant than Hyper Bomb.

I don't want him to use a sword. That'd make him sword-user #3,439 in this game.
Give him a trident then. He uses it in more games than a sword! Granted, it's usually as Ganon, not Ganondorf, but I think it'd be a little different.

Reactions: BeatNinja
It's not just his community.
See around 20 minutes in for singles. At around 56 minutes it's doubles but Shaky and Nick playing a team of Ness and ZSS prevailed over Mew2King and Lee's team of Lucario and Meta knight.

It's still kind of a debated topic and unfortunately not Brawl tournament organizers agree on banning him.
Omfg the wombo combo at 59:50 is fucking GORGEOUS. Sweet bejeebus....

Reactions: Calypsx
I'd rather have some stuff from Megaman and Bass, Like Pirate Man's Remote Bomb or Cold Man's Ice Wall.

Reactions: Smilax
Do the useless bubble bomb for the up attack. Slow anti air trap could be useful in this game... In 7,however...

That's my favorite part. ZSS and Ness make such a good team, their healing strategy was amazing as well.
It always gives me chills to see such perfection as that. And M2K was probably like "Well... fuck"

What about Sonic's Custom Moves though
He spins into a ball and bounces/shoots like a bullet/ricochets/spins/sits there/runs.

There you go. All of the possibilities are listed there.

What about Sonic's Custom Moves though

I still say the Multi-homing attack / kick from Lost World for his B

Lightspeed Dash / Boost for his Side B

Upward Homing Attack / ROCKET Wisp for his Up B

Spike Wisp Spin Dash / Roll-Kick from SA2 for his Down B.

Wishful thinking, but if Mega Man is getting semi-unique specials, I can see Sonic as well.

I still say the Multi-homing attack / kick from Lost World for his B

Lightspeed Dash / Boost for his Side B

Upward Homing Attack / ROCKET Wisp for his Up B

Spike Wisp Spin Dash / Roll-Kick from SA2 for his Down B.

Wishful thinking, but if Mega Man is getting semi-unique specials, I can see Sonic as well.
Was I not totally right? Those are all variations of him turning into a ball/running :O

Was I not totally right? Those are all variations of him turning into a ball/running :O

Multi-homing attack - yes that's a ball

kick from Lost World - Not a ball, a physical kick

Lightspeed Dash - Not a ball, a dash attack cloaked in light

Boost - Not a ball, a forward dash cloaked in boost

Upward Homing Attack - Yes, that's a ball

ROCKET Wisp - A rocket is not a ball

Spike Wisp Spin Dash - Pink Spikes =/= a ball

Roll-Kick from SA2 - a sliding kick is not a ball

That's two balls mate. That's two balls.

I doubt it's Ganondorf because Meta Knight kinda stole that spotlight for the week :( Sad faic. I'm not expecting anything huge tomorrow. Half expecting a silly pic not really outlining anything but will look nice sitting on the site for 3 days.

Multi-homing attack - yes that's a ball

kick from Lost World - Not a ball, a physical kick

Lightspeed Dash - Not a ball, a dash attack cloaked in light

Boost - Not a ball, a forward dash cloaked in boost

Upward Homing Attack - Yes, that's a ball

ROCKET Wisp - A rocket is not a ball

Spike Wisp Spin Dash - Pink Spikes =/= a ball

Roll-Kick from SA2 - a sliding kick is not a ball

That's two balls mate. That's two balls.

Then that's my bad. I haven't played any of the games, I was taking a random guess.

I dunno, last couple of Friday's we've got some new stages. Now would be a perfect time to release one for Kirby cause of Meta Knight

kirbys_epic_yarn_23.jpg

KIRBY EPIC YARN STAGE PLEASE IT'D LOOK SO GOOOOD

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I dunno, last couple of Friday's we've got some new stages. Now would be a perfect time to release one for Kirby cause of Meta Knight

KIRBY EPIC YARN STAGE PLEASE IT'D LOOK SO GOOOOD
Bandana dee pls.