• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Falco has his Star Fox 64 VA like Fox does and it is literally the worst best thing ever.

zlCfzSgN6QYOlawsHF

Pic of the day. Finally, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is being released overseas. Congratulations!! With the game released globally, from here on out I'll be posting about some of the hidden elements in the game. However, for now they'll only trickle down a little bit at a time. I'll be done with posting new pics by the end of the year, so I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the ride.

Well, there you go. Wii U version on November 21 2014 confirmed, expect Ness on Monday.

i have the game and i can in fact confirm that little mac is in and he is playable
THANK YOU I WAS WAITING FOR THIS CONFIRMATION

GAME SET!

expect Ness on Monday.
Too late for that actually.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/secret/

Page for secret characters now that Smash 3D is out.

Ness, Falco and Wario are the first with their pages up. Onett and Smashville are back on Wii U.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be picking up Smash 4 when my local Gamestop opens later this morning. I'm quite eager to play it.

As for that last Brawl in the Family comic, while it wasn't one of the best songs ever produced for the webcomic, it certainly accomplished it's intended task of reminiscing on the awesome moments of the comic, and getting me to cry like a freaking wuss.

Thanks for all the years of Smash humor, Matthew Taranto, and for being the only videogame-based webcomic I can remember to never have the obligatory "controversal arc" even once before ending.

Now if you excuse me, I need to cry some more before going to buy Smash 4.

Thanks for all the years of Smash humor, Matthew Taranto, and for being the only videogame-based webcomic I can remember to never have the obligatory "controversal arc" even once before ending.

Uh, what's the controversial arc?
I mean,
I know a good amount of people who didn't like Cocoon Academy, does that count as controversial?

Okay one, where are people getting Smashville from? Isn't that Town & City Wario is seen in? And two, why put in Smashville when Town & City is essentially an updated version of that?

Goddamnit Onett again? I don't care what Sakurai says about Melee stuff, I want my damn Fourside back!

Nice to see how Wario, Falco and Ness look in the WiiU version at least.

Waitaminute, didn't that leak mention Smashville and Onett as returning stages? Okay maybe it's too soon to jump to that but I hope it's at least right about the Kirby, DK Nintendoland and Endless Ocean stages. At least get that part right.

Smashville does have a different layout, and it's tourney legal so hey that's two different tourney legal stages from the same series - what a miracle

As for Onett, it's one of my favorite stages in the series so I'm down to clown. Here's hoping that this DOES prove the leak true cause an endless ocean stage would make my pants an endless ocean too

By the By just got smash and the sole trophy I have is Dillon for those who cares.

Uh, what's the controversial arc?
I mean,
I know a good amount of people who didn't like Cocoon Academy, does that count as controversial?
I was saying that BitF did not have a controversial arc.

I was just jokingly comparing it to how several other videogame based webcomics have had at least one story arc that ends up offending readers and stirring tons of backlash.

Edit: OT: I wasn't even remotely expecting this, but Kirby is the character I am having the most fun playing as thus far. He feels so good in Smash 4, even compared to the characters I used to main AND the new characters I want to main. I might end up maining him, but I can't tell for sure yet.

Also, that Dreamland stage is amazing. I normally don't like moving stages that much, but with this one, I don't mind.

Last edited:
By the By just got smash and the sole trophy I have is Dillon for those who cares.

I care. The only trophy I have right now is that investigator chick from Monster Manor whose name I keep forgetting. (Currently running through training mode w/ all of the Newcomers and Kirby so I can unlock Dreamland right now)

Unlocked the two hidden newcomers.

Protip: If you play through Bowser's Classic Mode at level 7, you can meet the criteria for a bunch at once and then just go into Smash mode and win quickly and then redo/continue doing the unlock.

You don't have to redo classic if you mess up.

Pro-er Tip. Kill yourelf 120 times in 1 stock matches to unlock everyone.

BRB, murdering myself.

GAME SET!

Too late for that actually.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/secret/

Page for secret characters now that Smash 3D is out.

Ness, Falco and Wario are the first with their pages up. Onett and Smashville are back on Wii U.

Cool, I still expect we'll see Ness in the Monday PotD though. Sakurai is gonna give every character the spotlight at least once.

Ness looks so good in HD. <3

Edit: Remember the arguments over Ness's shirt stripes? Well I noticed he ends on a yellow stripe in the 3DS version and on a blue stripe in the Wii U version. Weird.

Last edited:
Cool, I still expect we'll see Ness in the Monday PotD though. Sakurai is gonna give every character the spotlight at least once.

Ness looks so good in HD. <3

Edit: Remember the arguments over Ness's shirt stripes? Well I noticed he ends on a yellow stripe in the 3DS version and on a blue stripe in the Wii U version. Weird.
So to use that as an argument ever again is just retarded.

Morph Ball bombs/Power bombs/Screw Attack aren't shooting. :)
It's official, call of duty isn't a shooter.
It has knives and grenades.

SO GUYS, HAVE ANY OF YOU TRIED PLAYING THE TOTALLY PLAYABLE RIDLEY ON THE TOTALLY UNLOCKABLE TETRIS STAGE.
THAT WAS COOL.

Well I unlocked all characters and stages so I can look at this thread again.
God that took longer than it should have
So? Was it worth the surprise? Legit curious.

Well I unlocked all characters and stages so I can look at this thread again.
God that took longer than it should have
Kind of feel sorry for you, going through all that only to find out that the leak was exactly right...

Reactions: Rellek
So I got the game. I of course greatly enjoy the gameplay, but I'm having trouble. The 3DS really is a very small screen for a game like a Smash Bros. I'm hoping to upgrade to an XL once the new 3DS comes out, but I can deal with it.

Yo!

Whos your Mii fighters...

mine are Squigly and Kenshiro obvs

Me as a Gunner, a recreation of Nikki and Segata Sanshiro as Brawlers. Still have yet to make that Swordfighter I have planned.

Me as a Gunner, a recreation of Nikki and Segata Sanshiro as Brawlers. Still have yet to make that Swordfighter I have planned.
I forgot I also have Big Band as a brawler...

I also have Feng and Beowulf as Mii's...

I wonder if they'll make good mii fighters?

My Mii fighters right now are:
Me (Brawler), My OC (Sword Fighter), Hideo Kojima (Gunner), Dio Brando (Brawler), Yu Narukami (Swordfighter), Adam Jensen (Gunner), Ryuko Matoi (Swordfighter), and Senator Armstrong (Brawler)

Being able to get multiples of the same custom move and mii clothing is infuriating.

What or where is Rival Smash? I can't seem to find it and it's a challenge to play it.

Just made 3 more anime-themed Miis: Kirito and Leafa from SAO as Swordfighters and Shizuo from DRRR as a Brawler.

So even though I'm not getting the 3DS version, I did get a chance to play last night for the first time thanks to a friend with the game. I did a round of Classic with Little Mac and a round of All Star with Shulk. Little Mac is cool, but I need to play against some actual humans before I can get a feel of him. CPU's died too easily. On the other hand, I think I'm really feeling Shulk, his range is great and his attacks are powerful. Plus his mode switching seems to be really simple, so I think I'm gonna want to put in the time to learn him.

I'll get another chance to play tonight, so I think I'll go for Robin and Duck Hunt next, followed by some vets like Toon Link, Game & Watch, and Jigglypuff.

Italy wins for best commercial advertisement.

It's just using the same thing as the japanese commercial used, only with Italians.

Reactions: Rellek