• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

Shit man, at least Awakening was GOOD fanfic.

Corrin doesn't have a chiseled horse rider voiced by Kamina to seduce him.

You know what. I think this whole Smash Ballot was a ruse.
I bet they did it to get numbers for characters they should use for Smash 5, and the winners definitely got to at least be DLC and in the next game.

?
you might need to elaborate on this one there, bubba ross

Because then
they're not a fan :0

Not impossible but I see alot of Bayonetta mains it the future.
I'd rather see a slew of Bayonetta mains than the gang of Sheik, ZSS and Diddy that we currently have. Bayo has a serious flare to her gameplay; I'm looking forward to seeing what people are able to come up with using such an open-ended character.

Reactions: Covenant
You know what. I think this whole Smash Ballot was a ruse.
I bet they did it to get numbers for characters they should use for Smash 5, and the winners definitely got to at least be DLC and in the next game.

I find that a person's level of happiness is directly proportional to how much they lie to themselves.

Shit man, at least Awakening was GOOD fanfic.

Corrin doesn't have a chiseled horse rider voiced by Kamina to seduce him.
Yes, you have sexy Kamina horseman but Awakening isn't better than Fates, give it a chance. I will buy it for you if I have to.
I will never not be disappointed Lucina is in the game instead of Chrom, though.

Hey guys.
I know Sakurai doesn't keep his word.
But he DID say this was the last Smash. And there wouldn't be a sequel.

And remember Uprising?
...I remember Uprising. :c

Because then
they're not a fan :0
no you dingus bustah
i mean dude hating the series or some shit
that was a mistranslation, wasn't it? He just didn't want full credit because there was a whole writing team for the game. he didn't do everything.

Smash has 99 problems and Corrin embodies every single one of them lol

Reactions: abc
Aha, and the next step, 'I dislike thing, therefore thing makers are shit,'
Dude, I said that because he said both Melee and Brawl would be the last games in Smash. They weren't. He didn't keep his word.

Chill.

Sakurai's a god, but he doesn't keep his word on a lot of stuff. I'm saying there's no Uprising sequel yet, hence maybe he's starting to be more accurate on that. Then again, Uprising's only been out for like a couple years, lol.

Bayonetta: Ugh, I don't mind her being in, hell I was planing on buying Bayonetta for myself once I cleared out some games out my backlog. BUT I stand firm on the belief that NO platinum characters should be in smash. Why? Because most of them would ether be miss represented or be properly represented and be OP, just because of how those games work.
Well as a Bayonetta fan/player I can say that they did an excellent job keeping her true to character. And considering her moves have slow start up (and probably do low damage due to combo potential) and her bullet extensions do zero knock back, I doubt she's op.

Reactions: juju_for_president
SUPER SLASH BROTHERS

But really tho, Bayonetta saved the direct, she can ZA WARUDO and her demon summoning gave me an Eliza type of feel, i'd definetly main her.

HAHAHAH

I'm so happy i have smash now, all i need is a job, SFV can wait, Bayonetta dlc and amiibo are priorities right now!

Reactions: Covenant
My amiibo isn't working.

vNhs6r2.jpg

I'm referring to the huge cloud of negativity FE fans seemingly have when they talk about Fates.
Those are the same people that get massivley butthurt over the casual mode in awakening.

They can all fuck off the edge of my dick if they care that much.

Those are the same people that get massivley butthurt over the casual mode in awakening.

They can all fuck off the edge of my dick if they care that much.
I don't want to turn this into the FE thread, but I feel like the dislike over Fates is not only much more widespread, but a lot more justified. Fates is the result of the series starting to go in a direction the fanbase begged for it to not go, so while I can understand if they don't like that (hell, I even agree), that doesn't mean it deserves to be written off completely.

I think I don't care about Bayo because I haven't played her game and I have like.
No reason to see why she's cool.
I don't know why she's cool everyone just says her and her game is.
Maybe I'll see why when I play it but I dunno.
Whatever maybe in the 2 months it takes for her to come out I'll ahve played both games by then

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
Yo I just caught up.
Bayonetta yes
Corrin...I didn't want another FE character,especially one that looks so edgey,but at least he looks really unique.
All in all,this hype gave me a massive headache

Y'know I don't even get why Geno is even a costume. You're telling me these people like him that much that they want to see him in Smash but they DON'T want him to have his own spin-off franchise? What sense does that even fucking make? Start petitioning for a Geno game first and then we talk about him getting in Smash.

I think I don't care about Bayo because I haven't played her game and I have like.
No reason to see why she's cool.
I don't know why she's cool everyone just says her and her game is.
Maybe I'll see why when I play it but I dunno.
Whatever maybe in the 2 months it takes for her to come out I'll ahve played both games by then
Well, if you ask me, Bayo is a much better Dante.

Play the games, watch a play through. There's a lot of personality behind her.

You're telling me these people like him that much that they want to see him in Smash but they DON'T want him to have his own spin-off franchise?

I feel as though there is a very large gap between those two things that you're ignoring.

Again, the simple problem boils down to the fact that only one ballot character was really chosen instead of two or more.

I mean, at least our waifu wars got that right.

I don't know, there isn't a right-er choice than bayonetta.

maybe wonder red.

Well, if you ask me, Bayo is a much better Dante.

Play the games, watch a play through. There's a lot of personality behind her.
Yeah but with Dante I immediately see his personality and appreciate his design, with Bayonetta I feel I need to know a bit more.
Dante I can just fucking look at him and be like "ok he looks cool and must be a cocky dude"

Yeah but with Dante I immediately see his personality and appreciate his design, with Bayonetta I feel I need to know a bit more.
Dante I can just fucking look at him and be like "ok he looks cool and must be a cocky dude"
Well, that's the same thing for Bayo, except she's got more going for her than "I'm too cool"

No I mean, I look at Bayo's design (both 1 an 2) and I'm more like
"That's an interesting design, but I can't get a beat on her personality"
I'm sure it's deep but I still didn't get too much from the Smash trailer.
Like I said, with Dante, I immedaitely get a feel for what he must be like from a first impression
I mean, this cover really tells me all i need to know about Dante before I go in
latest

Fuck this direct. Most disappointing thing I've seen in a while. Only first party DLC newcomer we get is another fucking fire emblem character, and then yet another third party. Screw that.