• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Super Best Friends Thread

Favorite Zaibatsu Member?

• Matt

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Pat

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • Woolie

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • Liam

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Zach

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
The SCP Containment Breach video? I haven't seen it yet, I'm watching the Illbleed video. It couldn't have been that bad, could it? I don't think anything could top this disaster. Don't get me wrong I like Game Grumps, but the Bad Teddy LP's was a Shitstorm in the worst way possible

its almost as if Arin needs SOMETHING that tells him what to do! now, it looks like we're stuck there because, what games possibly have things that tell the player what to do? WHAT?!

Everything they said about Jojo was wrong, it's definitely fun. >_>
But I'm not going to pick at old wounds because that's not smart and hurts.

And I did like the past two videos at least

Everything they said about Jojo was wrong, it's definitely fun. >_>
But I'm not going to pick at old wounds because that's not smart and hurts.

And I did like the past two videos at least
fun is a perspective thing. and if we're gonna get mad at perspectives, we become that 10% of fans everyone hates. its best to let it go.

I said don't start.
:|

I'm not bringing it back up because it pisses me off.

Moving back on, was the video of Illbleed THAT bad? I was enjoying it a lot.
THey just didn't make it to the boss.

The SCP Containment Breach video? I haven't seen it yet, I'm watching the Illbleed video. It couldn't have been that bad, could it? I don't think anything could top this disaster. Don't get me wrong I like Game Grumps, but the Bad Teddy LP was a Shitstorm in the worst way possible.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHfccjHzKeo
It's certainly not as bad as Jon and Arin's worse moments, but this was pretty straining for me to see them fail to comprehend info given to them, not read vital information, or occasionally fail at thinking. I'm more depressed about it than upset though. A lot of people were given a really bad first impression of the game, and the comments are filled with people having a mess of all kind of arguments. People saying they did nothing wrong and calling shit at the people criticizing them, people going well past criticism and shit talking Mat and Pat, just loads of bile and stuff going everywhere.
Moving back on, was the video of Illbleed THAT bad? I was enjoying it a lot.
THey just didn't make it to the boss.
We're talking about the SCP video, not Illbleed

Oh that?
Well, most other LPers are confused by it too.
I mean I haven't seen any LPs that find the other SCPs.
I wasn't even aware there were SCPs other than the Old Man an dthe Coffin

OK so I'm all caught up on The Shitstorm.
The Path had the potential to be really scary but unfortunately they spent most of their time running through the woods. I really wish they took the time to chase that girl.
Illbleed was stupidly funny. Fart Gas is the new official Best Friends Meme, right up there with Tour Guide Nixon and "My _____ can't possibly be this _____"
SCP - Containment Breach wasn't that bad really. I mean Matt and Pat did what a lot of gamers do and went right into the game expecting to learn as they play. First time I played it I did the same thing, actually I'm not sure if it was me or my little brother that played it...

OK so I'm all caught up on The Shitstorm.
The Path had the potential to be really scary but unfortunately they spent most of their time running through the woods. I really wish they took the time to chase that girl.
Illbleed was stupidly funny. Fart Gas is the new official Best Friends Meme, right up there with Tour Guide Nixon and "My _____ can't possibly be this _____"
Its a shame the origin of my {blank} cant possibly be this {blank} has an awful ending. (which it probably why they say it so much)
I still am a few vids behind on the shitstorm.... still love the fart gas.

Reactions: Denizen
well the last two videos were pretty great explorations of some "interesting(?)" games

first is Amnesia: Here's some Pigs! which also illustrates one of the big criticisms of the game
matt & pat never encounter even a single monster.

then there's Beyond: Cage's Souls, which needs a full playthrough. the best Best Friends videos are always Quanticdream related.
So many spiderman/green goblin jokes.

The funny thing is, I'm watching Jesse Cox (A voice actor) play through BEYOND, and he has nothing but glowing praise for David Cage, so going from that to the standard David Cage hate train with Super Best Friends is kinda jarring.
Though I wouldn't mind watching them playthrough it to completion.

Was torn between going with Woolie or Pat, but went with the former because of how excited he gets when something hype goes down.

SCP is one of my favorite shitstorm vids yet, too. Looks like it would actually be pretty fun to play too, even wit the borrowed HL2 assets.

Friendcast 11 is here, Matt is getting a Cat, and I'll never catch up to these.

the most recent episode of the shitstorm confirmed one of my theories on horror games:

mannequins are god damn creepy. and as such horror game devs cannot resist using them.

the most recent episode of the shitstorm confirmed one of my theories on horror games:

mannequins are god damn creepy. and as such horror game devs cannot resist using them.
Mannequins are really scary when done well.
Gmod Haunted House 2 used them well

Nightmare House 2 and Condemned have some nightmarishly effective and well made mannequin scares. Mannequins ARE creepy. My step mother does a lot of crafts, and has one of those simple mannequins to test the form and shape of a shirt/dress while making it. One day she left it out, and when I got up in the middle of the night, I turn the corner to see a human figure in the living room silhouetted in moonlight. Nearly lost my shit.

Reactions: Denizen and Jutsei
Mannequins lie deep in the Uncanny Valley, my brother keeps one on his bookshelf and I question his sanity for that.
I can't imagine what it would be like to wake up in the middle of the night to see The Moon faintly illuminate a small humanoid figure in your room. When Matt and Pat were playing Anna they were really freaked out by the Mannequin Scene, the first thing they did after it was over was get the fuck out of that room.
461px-Mori_Uncanny_Valley.svg.png

Reactions: Jutsei
See, what did I tell you people, the last two games definitely had the spooks and the laughs.
Insanidade had some really good jump scares and sound effects, and I loved watching Pat just float and clip through walls. What a mysterious jogo.
One Late Night was as Pat said, subdued horror. Every time that music started up I was getting legitimately scared. Mostly because I think the scariest type of ghost is an old woman in a victorian dress with a veil. I love how brave Pat got near the end, once he had the flashlight he just straight up walked up to the ghost without any confirmation that the light would hurt her.
"There she is, she's right there. Yeah well guess what, I GOT A FLASH LIGHT." Then he fucking killed that bitch.

Last edited:
I can't remember who, but I forgot I watched someone play that game. Looks like it has cool atmosphere. Video was great too, nice scares, and Matt and Pat were able to yuck it up while being hunted by a freaky ghost woman.

"What a mysterious jogo" is a thing now.

Or should I just say it was Jogo's Bizarre Adventure.

Man, I hope I get Youtube famous, so senpai TBFP can notice me. Legit, Woolie seems like a brother from another mother who's missing in my life. I'd play Makoto dittos with him.

Let's talk about how fucking awesome it is that Matt photoshopped this:
To make this:
hqdefault.jpg

Yeah, I haven't seen the episode yet, but when I saw that thumbnail it blew my mind how smoothly that fit.

Does it have Tank Controls?

Funny how he finally gets to play a game with tank controls and then he says he wants a game with GOOD tank controls.
Oh Pat. This is why you're my favorite.

I am waiting for one of them to say "Forget Kill la Kill! When's Space Dandy?!"

I like how all horror games are now "jogos"

and they're all myserious

I hope they saved the best jogos for last. I'm still wondering about Bug Island. That was...that was something else.

Since they did Dead Space last year, I hope they do Dead Space 2 this year.

It definitely has a strong opening and is pretty scary. Also I'll never play it again because of THE MACHINE QTE near the end. You know the one I mean.

Note: Dead Space 3 is not scary. But given how Isaac talks throughout it, I think its intentional as the game focuses on how Isaac has run out of fucks to give. Still the crafting system is very in depth and results in some hilarious combos. And Carver is a really cool dude. And the DLC Epilogue is awesome.

I bought Dead Space and Dead Space 3 from a humble bundle but I feel weird to start playing with without 2.

I bought Dead Space and Dead Space 3 from a humble bundle but I feel weird to start playing with without 2.
The first one is super good. I'm pretty sure DS2 goes on sale occasionally as well.

This is a little off-topic but...do people really LIKE Quantic Dream games? If they're all like Indigo Prophecy I can't see how somebody could enjoy that...I normally can defend a game on something, ANYTHING, but...I can't find anything for them. But then again a 5 minute cutscene of you dodging furniture is pretty funny.

Heavy Rain and BEYOND two souls actually do have some pretty good stories.
They're interactive movies and they're enjoyable in their own way.
Despite a few flubs.

Man Ms. Fortune is on a TBFP binge.