• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Super Best Friends Thread

Favorite Zaibatsu Member?

• Matt

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Pat

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • Woolie

Votes: 37 32.7%
  • Liam

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Zach

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
Man Ms. Fortune is on a TBFP binge.
I wonder what Ms. Fortune thinks of Pat's puns. I personally think they're "Horrorble."

It was a difficult decision, but I voted for Zach. It was the only normal sounding name and I feel like it fits well with the other names of the Zaibatsu. Matt, Pat, Woolie, Liam, and Zach. It just feels really natural you know?

I can see it now, "Matt & Zach Adventures!" Matt and his trusty feline companion Zach team up to defeat the animal abusing evil that is Woolie. Will the dynamic duo make it out of The Woolie Hole with their jimmies unrustled? Tune in next week to find out!

Reactions: Jutsei
Voted for Zach as well, just seems the most fitting.

It should be Cat. I mean it's the most logical decision.

Matt, Pat and Cat.

But then he wouldn't have an awkward full name.

Matthew, Patrick, and Zachery.

I still can't believe that "Woolie" is Woolie's actual name...

Last year they ended with a full Lets Play of Eternal Darkness. I wonder if they're starting something up tomorrow.
And will Christmas Storm be a thing?
And will the cat finally stop being a pussy?
Will Woolie stop being a liar?

Tune in to find out.

(PS: Woolie won't stop lying. It's in his name. WooLIE.)

Reactions: Denizen and Jutsei
Don't forget this month is the premiere of Season 8. I can't wait.

This month we get to experience true terror...the XBOX ONE!!!
edit: Just finished last week's podcast, looks like we have a Beyond Two Souls playthrough to look forward to... if David Cage is something you can actually look forward to lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denizen and Jutsei
IT.
BEGINS.

They're playing Duo mode too, hey! That'll be fun! :D
The guy I watched LP BEYOND (Jesse Cox) Loves BEYOND and thought it was a great story, adores David Cage and all that. So this'll be a far cry from that.

He also played it single player, so this'll at least be a new experience.

Reactions: Denizen
I just want to see what goes on in this game for Willam DaFoe alone.

And maybe a few "Failure of the _____ designer" jokes, too.

I just want to see what goes on in this game for Willam DaFoe alone.

And maybe a few "Failure of the _____ designer" jokes, too.
From what I saw of Jesse Cox's playthrough, it's actually a fantastic story, all things considered.

OH MY FUCKING GOD, A NEW PLAGUE OF GRIPES ANIMATION.
This was uploaded over 8 hours ago, why am I only finding out about it now?

Last edited:
This is officially my new favorite animation by Plague.

new video:
THE HYPEST ARTS & CRAFTS ON YOUTUBE

damn now i have the sudden urge to go out to a artsy type store to start some kind of art project

WITH GLITTER! AND STICKERS!

Oh God that was depressing...

Though it did give me the urge to draw something, if only to remind myself how much I suck at art.

Guis post ur a&cs (Arts and Crafts) here so we can email them to sbf

Matt & Pat show off their knowledge of Silent Hill in a new "Did You Know Gaming?"
Also, did you know that the art and animation in the Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Joke Ending is drawn by our very own Mariel "Kinuko" Cartwright? Look closely, you can recognize the art style right?

Last edited:
That Play Illbleed was actually pretty great.
I actually hope that's the one they do for a full let's play, because I started watching a Let's Play of it shortly afterwards, and it is just batfuck insane. Their commentary on it would be hilarious!

That would be great. Ever since Supergreat Friend's LP I've wanted more people to do Illbleed, it's a rare gem of a game that just oozes pure zany insanity from every pour.

As for the Best Friends, my favorite is probably Pat. He always brings up good points, I love his rants, and his laugh is so jolly he's like a midget ginger Kris Kringle. I also share a lot of peeves with him and I love tank controls for survival horror games. Pat did lose some points with me at the start of Deadly Premonition for hating it, but at that halfway point where he loved the game he skyrocketed back to my favorite. Matt did lost some serious points for trash talking Makoto from Street Fighter 3 in the No More Heroes 2 LP. Makoto is the best.

oh God I can recognize it now that you mention it
well i sure can't unsee that now

silent hill is WEIRD

the end of their Downpour playthrough when YOU ARE THE MONSTER was such a cool idea even if the execution of it was kinda ehhh. then a similar idea is brought up in their shitstorm episode about Iledefonse where Pat suggests the player is Slenderman.

are there any good games where YOU ARE THE MONSTER? The only example I can think of is AvP2 on the PC which is awesome.

and don't say Predator: Concrete Jungle.

Last edited:
I watched the Beyond Two Souls part 1 video, and I gotta say, it might be their worst video ever.

Seriously. They did nothing but complain about not knowing what to do, claim that the game was being "vague" (even though it practically spoon fed them.) and constantly missing interactive things.

Not to mention the severe lack of attention in the video.

The first hour of BEYOND is pretty lame compared to how awesome the rest of the game gets.
It'll get better, though that bit of Jodie being dead faced at the end really got me

I hope it doesnt become like Max and Matt's "playthrough" of the Last of Us.

I didn't find the beyond two souls thing that bad, though the part were woolie was fucking around as the soul in the fancy place got annoying after a while.

I hope it doesnt become like Max and Matt's "playthrough" of the Last of Us.

How was Max and Matt's playthrough of last of us? I can't seem to find it.

How was Max and Matt's playthrough of last of us? I can't seem to find it.

Here you are.

Max and Matt had an awful playthrough of the Last of Us. they didnt even get past the first season of the game. All Matt did was shit on the game and the impressionable little boy that Max eventually did too.

I really hope Matt and Pat never do something like this with legitimately good games.

Sorry about derailing the topic, but yeah I am liking the second part better than the first part now they have a bit more familiarity with the controls.

Well at least we get to see the full content as opposed to a long teaser which the machinima video was, also those kids are assholes.

Well at least we get to see the full content as opposed to a long teaser which the machinima video was, also those kids are assholes.
Yeah, I think the game really picks up after that part because you can see what you can do as Aiden and you get to see choices. Plus going Carrie and being in control never hurts

And I seriously hope they're not joking about a Christmas Storm.
That'd be awesome! XD

Reactions: Dragonage2ftw
sonic video
Liam showing love for Curse of Darkness AND Emperor: Battle for Dune? AWESOME.