• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what palette Beowulf needs? Tyrantrum. Now, you'll be thinking "Gee Tech, isn't Beowulf more for wolf-y colors than dino ones?", to which i'll reply with
250px-697Tyrantrum.png

which will then close your mouth and praise your deity of choice that this Pokemon is a thing that exists. :PUN:

You know what palette Beowulf needs? Tyrantrum. Now, you'll be thinking "Gee Tech, isn't Beowulf more for wolf-y colors than dino ones?", to which i'll reply with
250px-697Tyrantrum.png

which will then close your mouth and praise your deity of choice that this Pokemon is a thing that exists. :PUN:
He looks like a Dino Santa

Tryanasouras Claus confirmed for Skullgirls

Okada used to have a giant black fur coat in his entrance..Now he just has rpg swords and a velociraptor which is somehow more subtle. Black red and Gold Beowulf would be a good alt tho.

Reactions: Denizen
So I decided to upgrade from hyped lurker to hyped lurker with an account... WULF PACK ACCEPT ME.

Ahem...

on the topic of palletes, I had a few ideas, if he's (hopefully) going to get manly pallette references like Macho Man Randy Savage (pls this) and maybe Dino Pokemon as suggested, a Captain Falcon Pallette would be pretty badass. The mild hype generated from this possibility created my avatar :D. The actual colour coordination may be a bit tricky, but surely it could work?

hoping for a tager pallette too.

Not a bad First Post I hope.

Personally, I'd like Beowulf to have a Max Eagle (Savage Reign) palette for the fact that I can tag team him with Tiffany (Rival Schools) palette Cerebella. Sure it's another America color scheme, but I'll only play BellaWulf player if this happens.

such a great reason to not play character combinations that is completely unrelated to game play. What's team synergy anyway?

Last edited:
Hey, just let him do what he wants. It's not like he's competing at EVO.

Eh. I don't respect it. People should play teams because they like how they play not because of purdy colors. It would be an idiotic thing to say I won't play cerabella because she doesn't have a Zangief pallete..It's entitlement and not actually playing the game or giving a character a chance via...get this part it's a doozy... actually playing the game.

Like hundreds of hundred of hours gone into testing and making sure these characters are fun to play and cool looking and somebody comes in saying they won't play a specific team because they aren't the color a person wanted. Okay. That seems totally fair to me.

Reactions: Arcana
I'm mainly teasing; it'd be a legitimate pocket team just for shits and giggles though. I try to learn every character when they come out, so it's not like I'm picking Beowulf up for that reason. The only character that I'd go against all team synergy & anything important is Yu Wan.

I appreciate that response. Cool man.

It's funny because I already have team plans that won't be possible for a long while.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
I suppose it's a little ot. But annie is supposed to play like Sol. Sol is a damn good character in gg. I wonder how her style would fit with everyone else but...

Ya know. Money. Hopes. Dreams.

Reactions: DDB and agent13
Yu Wan is supposed to play like Wolverine, so I can assume Squigly's Drag n' Bite would be as effective as how Akuma's Tatsu assist works. I have my plans already too! At least Annie has a shot at making the game, unlike a story-irrelevant background NPC.

Which makes me slightly disappointed that most future playable characters in this game come because of their relevance to a story instead of new play styles and ideas like other fighters.

what's this about story-driven?

I thought Annie was the main character.

I'm going to get my head bashed in but annie isn't exactly pivotal to the plot, which the main focus of this story actually seems to be marie and her hatred toward the medicis

Annie is sort of a muse to most characters, someone to inspire people like parasoul/umbrella/peacock
It's most likely she also worked/had conflict/whatever with eliza a few times over the centuries and met beowulf due to her fame and god knows who else

While her story will be interesting due to the fact everyone loves a super hero it just isn't going to change the plot as much

And Beowulf's story is going to be hur dur wrestler blood knight seeking glorious death in combat. Which ya know. Not important exactly in the giant scheme of the story...but super fun.

Only story with suplexes. So it's clearly the best one.

Annie can tie into the story rather easily. Pretty much anyone from the top row & bottom row of the fan vote lineup has the best odds of getting in next.
I don't want to say it like this but Beowulf needed to win the fan vote so he could get in this game. Surely Alex probably would've liked Beowulf for DLC Down the road, but right now we're unsure about 'down the road' for Skullgirls.
I'm probably the Debbie Downer of Skullheart by now. -vanishes back into corner-

Nah I understandm he's not exactly a main character by any means and if we actually got the dlc reverge had planned he would have been a long way off even then. But from what I understand the roster was supposed to be based in specific story based waves. So not to say anyone is less important but rather. There are wvaes of side stories in a much larger plot.

Eh. I don't respect it.
I'm not saying that you should, nor am I supporting the other side. In fact I agree with you here.
What I don't agree with is chewing people out over it. If someone wants to be an idiot than let them be an idiot.
Not that anyone's an idiot here, no one is as far as I can tell.
And Beowulf's story is going to be hur dur wrestler blood knight seeking glorious death in combat. Which ya know. Not important exactly in the giant scheme of the story...but super fun.

Only story with suplexes. So it's clearly the best one.
Yeah, pretty much my thoughts as well, but I'm required by forum law to go into a dramatic speech about how Beowulf is a man who adheres to no present path and instead forges his own legend, a story one hundred times greater than the one we talk about now. A story that transcends the Medicis, the Skull Heart, and even the Trinity.
A story that will last all eternity.

Woops I already did it.

Last edited:
Eh. I like debate. Calling things as they are and occasionally being a bit of an arse. Character flaws.

I hate debate, I just don't know when to shut my big dumb mouth. It's a curse.

This is off-topic but did the default male/female avatars on this site change into silhouettes of Big Band and Marie?

I hate debate, I just don't know when to shut my big dumb mouth. It's a curse.

This is off-topic but did the default male/female avatars on this site change into silhouettes of Big Band and Marie?
wow that might be a thing, I just thought the spam bots were getting creative

Hey Arcana. Ur a cool dude. Thank you for being a cool mod and answering questions like that.

Last edited:
wow that might be a thing, I just thought the spam bots were getting creative
Hang on, let me try setting my avatar to default.
Yup, one of the mods changed it.
I like it, but it should be Beowulf.
Annie too.

Last edited:
Just so everyone in the wulfpack knows I changed my avatar from delibird to the crow version of the wrestler sting doing the "not bad." face.

even though surfer sting is best sting.

while my avatar is captain farukon looking incredibly at home in beowulfs pelt.

I mean, look how comfy he is!

I took photos of all but one image on the Beo/Robo portions of the panel, so I'll have them up later. They're mostly not blurry too!
I have three questions for you.

1. Cellsai, were you at EVO 2014?
2. Has anybody uploaded footage of the Skullgirls Panel at EVO?
3. Did the panel reveal any new information about Beowulf?

I ask this last question because the only thing I know came out of the panel was that image showing Robo-Fortune's finalized official color palette.

I have three questions for you.

I ask this last question because the only thing I know came out of the panel was that image showing Robo-Fortune's finalized official color palette.
I didnt know there was a panel good to know that there was one

1. Yes.
2. It got an official recording. I assume it was by EVO. They'll likely have footage up soon enough.
3. Some small tidbits that I'll go over in the photo uploads. General jist: A ton of move concepts. Beowulf looks fucking hilarious if even half of them make it in. An early look at his palette color map which will allow Ultimate Warrior style face paint.

can you feel the storm coming?

zubaz pallete confirmed.

[QUOTE="Ultimate Warrior style face paint.[/QUOTE]

we in there now

edit: how do quote?

3. Some small tidbits that I'll go over in the photo uploads.
Seriously though, thanks for doing this, we're all looking forward to seeing what you've got.
If you don't mind, it would be best to upload them to Retiring from Retirement.

@Dinglejet You do quotes like this: [ SPOILER=Title of spoiler (optional) ] contents of spoiler [ /SPOILER ]
Remove the spaces between anything beyond the title and contents and you get
contents of spoiler

Also, Face paint, yes!

Wait, quotes.

[ QUOTE=random stranger ] here's a quote [ /QUOTE ]
gives
random stranger said:
here's a quote

Status
Not open for further replies.