• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
For implying people who don't practice fighting games are bad at fighting games?

For implying people who don't practice fighting games are bad at fighting games?
No, you're implying that I payed no attention to how Beowulf might play when I voted for him.
Also that we would forget about the game entirely once all the characters are released.

But I was the implier surely I would know what I am implying asshole that I am.

Well that second part might be true. But I have witnessed my fair amount of fanbases and communities dropping off over time. It's the nature of the beast. I mean I might be an ass for voicing that opinion. Especially here. But I very seriously doubt half of you will be posting here in a years time.

You have to play to play. You can't just talk about playing.

Last edited:
If you want people to dislike you then you're on the right track because doubting a person's dedication to something is a quick and surefire way to make enemies. I suggest that you take this particular opinion elsewhere because this isn't the place for it and you're insulting a lot of people by voicing it. That goes for you too Arcana.

By the way I do play every couple days, I would play much more often if there was a DAMN MAC PORT.

Hmm,
how to tackle this conversation…

Yes, there definitely is a portion of the fanbase that plays the game for the characters and won't play it competitively and will probably do very little with the game outside of the single player mode.

But in terms of the character votes, I honestly don't believe that the votes from this portion of the fanbase is wasted or anything, if they want to see that character's story then they want to see that character's story and that is ESSENTIALLY what they were voting for, because really fighting games are a very character-centric genre (in terms of story).

This also isn't really unique to Skullgirls' fanbase, it's just that other genres of games don't have many reasons to play so often. I'm a huge Metroid fan, but I probably haven't played a Metroid game since last year. It makes sense, there hasn't been any new Metroid content in a while, and unless I want to play a game that I've already played, see a story that I've already seen, there's no real point to replaying any of the titles. It's pretty similar for people who play fighters just for the story.

But yeah, people who play for the story won't be as good as people who play competitively, I can't see someone who isn't determined to get good with a character getting upset when they aren't as good with them as they wanted to be, but there will be people who will play through his story mode poorly, not be able to get online because of their skill level, and will drop the game until Robo-Fortune or Skullgirls 2. And they're not really saying ALL people who are fans of Skullgirls or Beowulf in particular will do this, just that there is a portion that will.

I don't know why they decided to bring this up, but they're not wrong.

consider this me "going heel".

I did it for you rock.

If people want to dislike me that's very fair but prove me wrong and actually play the game. I bring this up because we within a few months of actually having the character...and this is a big moment..but one so full of questions.

I mean people have talked about the character in various forms..speculating what he will be like, what moves he will have, background, etc.

But how many people will actually step up and create technology. How many people will help grow the community instead of dropping the game. etc. How many people here wil lstick with him when he is hard to play? How many people will drop him when he doesn't play like you imagined?

Last edited:
I can't speak for everyone else but I can at least speak for myself. I will not abandon this game, even if I lose use of both my arms and become incapable of playing. I will support it however I can for as long as I can.

Humdinger even if you're right about the others, fuck you for doubting me.

I'm only allowed to play Skullgirls for about twice a week but I hope I'll be able to play Skullgirls even after Beowulf is released.

Guys, please don't turn this into a flame war.

Yeah. Can we just concentrate on how awesome Beowulf will be in the game instead of fighting?

Humdinger this goes farther than video games, questioning my conviction is unforgivable no matter what the subject.
I'll show you through action instead of words. In a year, no in five years I'll remain a fan of this game, in fact I'll be a better fan than I am now, better than you.

Last edited:
tumblr_n8ad9v45Zm1rha9roo1_1280.png

tumblr_n8ad9v45Zm1rha9roo2_1280.png

tumblr_n8ad9v45Zm1rha9roo3_1280.png

tumblr_n8ad9v45Zm1rha9roo4_1280.png

tumblr_n8ad9v45Zm1rha9roo5_1280.png

tumblr_n8ad9v45Zm1rha9roo6_1280.png

tumblr_n8ad9v45Zm1rha9roo7_1280.png

tumblr_n8ad9v45Zm1rha9roo8_1280.png

tumblr_n8ad9v45Zm1rha9roo9_1280.png

Okay so I didn't know anyone would actually do this

Damnit you tie wearing avian you magnificent bastard

Reactions: chickenwithtie
what kind of icecream does beowulf eat? meat and beer?

Well,what Humdinger said probably we will see soon,at first, everybody was Hyped about "Ojuo-sama" etc,but when they launch her, after some time, she will be just another character, dont get me wrong, this is the best fight game that i ever played and i have fun playing like everyone else, of course that i dont care if the people will drop off after some time, but they will,this is just a video game and some moment they will have enough of this like any other one and find other one to play. What him tried said was that the Beo hype will be like any other hype, after some time after the launch will disappear and maybe the most of people will not be good playing with him.
ps: im hyped about him too, even gave some suggestions about your playstyle like everyone else (mine was better xD )
ps2: dont put DP on him and maybe i can do good.
ps: More FIGHT and more LOVE folks! (got it?Is a fight game!) we share the same taste about game so lets walk together on recess.:PUN:

So how long till after this weekend's reveal do you think it'll take us to get more hype-inducing material?
As long as it takes for someone to upload footage of the Skullgirls Panel so that we can get a better look at those images and actually hear what Lab Zero had to say.

So how long till after this weekend's reveal do you think it'll take us to get more hype-inducing material?
Until Eliza is done most likely. Or there is another big event. Heck we might even get an early stream like we we did with Eliza's walk animation.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
All I want is for him to have some kinda crazy wrestling acting like this.
That's all I want.
Well you'll be happy to know that both Macho Man Randy Savage and The Ultimate Warrior are among Beowulf's gameplay inspirations.

it hurts kill it with fire.

beo.jpg

Here have some good art instead that was a gift from a friend in the Cali area. Not sure who drew it..but they were a lab zero person.

Last edited:
Humdi, I think you're taking 'gaming' way too seriously. Not everyone wants to be the best fighting gamer ever. Heck, I don't even like fighting games. I wanted Skullgirls for the art only, and I keep playing it 'cause it's fun.
That's what games are supposed to be: fun. If you want to take it to the next level, go to tournament 'n stuff.
I'm the worst at playing Eliza and Painwheel, but I still play them, sinlge player or with friends, because I like them. I like this game and I enjoy it completely, even though I suck at it. I consider myself a true fan.

Case in point, I wish there was half as much skullplayers as there are skullfans to be found online.

Reactions: agent13 and Arcana
This wouldn't have been an issue if Annie had just won. Hmph.

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
But Muro

You are Muro.

Humdi, I think you're taking 'gaming' way too seriously. Not everyone wants to be the best fighting gamer ever. Heck, I don't even like fighting games. I wanted Skullgirls for the art only, and I keep playing it 'cause it's fun.
That's what games are supposed to be: fun. If you want to take it to the next level, go to tournament 'n stuff.
I'm the worst at playing Eliza and Painwheel, but I still play them, sinlge player or with friends, because I like them. I like this game and I enjoy it completely, even though I suck at it. I consider myself a true fan.

eh, all that is fine and good but I do believe that a certain point there will be no more new art to oggle at. Whereas gameplay is always changing and evolving over time. You can like whatever you like but Skullgirls is at the end of the day a fighting game. Skullfans need to eventually evolve frankly.

p.s typing messages on a nintendo wiiu is for insane people. I hate this.

Reactions: Arcana
Just to be clear, Humdinger. What you're trying to say is that there are a ton of fans of Skullgirls, but not even half of them play the game. BUT when a new character comes out, people jump out of the woodwork, only to stop playing a few months later because they aren't very good/can't keep up?
If this is the case I agree with you, this is a pretty noticeable pattern. BUT! I disagree with you about people needing to "evolve". it's our job as the playing part of the community to try and encourage people to keep up with the game!

skullgirls just tweeted that they are looking up classic wrestling moves as reference for a certain character.

@CapnWTF whoever said that evolution couldn't be a cooperative effort :)

Reactions: chickenwithtie
chickenwithtie I don't wanna be anti-hype or nothing, but that would require they put a special animation on EVERY character currently in the game.
'sides there's cooler stuff...like the Burning Hammer, the Vertebreaker, and probably one of the scariest things ever invented: the Canadian Destroyer.
Honestly you should die if somebody does any of that to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.