• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

I really wish that they'd put Outlaw Star back on. I think I'm the only person on the planet who enjoyed it as much as cowboy bebop, but still, I love that show so much.

I used to watch Toonami every week, but then the fire nation attacked I went to college......fuck.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I really wish that they'd put Outlaw Star back on. I think I'm the only person on the planet who enjoyed it as much as cowboy bebop, but still, I love that show so much.
Outlaw Star is so awesome, its one of the few shows that I got whole show on DVD.

I gotta get more classic toonami shows on DVD.

Sword Art Online sucks.

Accel World 4 Lyfe.

Current Toonami Schedule
Bleach ----------------------------------- 12:00AM-12:30AM
Naruto ----------------------------------- 12:30AM-1:00AM
One Piece ------------------------------- 1:00AM-1:30AM
Soul Eater ------------------------------- 1:30AM-2:00AM
Sword Art Online ---------------------- 2:00AM-2:30AM
IGPX ------------------------------------- 2:30AM-3:00AM
Starwars The Clone Wars ----------- 3:00AM-3:30AM
Big O ------------------------------------- 3:30AM-4:00AM
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood 4:00AM-4:30AM
Cowboy Bebop ------------------------ 4:30AM-5:00AM
Inuyasha ------------------------------- 5:00AM-6:00AM
tumblr_inline_mqieylnVCG1qz4rgp.gif

Too bad SAO really overshadowing Accel World right now. It's just gonna be worse now since SAO is on Western television and more casual viewers are exposed to the show. SAO isn't as bad as I keep hearing, but it's nowhere near as good as people claim either. Really a mixed reaction anime that gets alot of attention.

In any case, the show gets decent ratings for its time slot and an improvement overall for the Toonami block which is fine by me.

Too bad SAO really overshadowing Accel World right now. It's just gonna be worse now since SAO is on Western television and more casual viewers are exposed to the show. SAO isn't as bad as I keep hearing, but it's nowhere near as good as people claim either. Really a mixed reaction anime that gets alot of attention.

In any case, the show gets decent ratings for its time slot and an improvement overall for the Toonami block which is fine by me.
Basically this.
I don't mind SAO at all.

The good thing about SAO is that since the costumes are elaborate, it actually takes skill to cosplay from it, something that the Toonami watching weeaboos can't do, unlike *cough cough*DEATHNOTE*cough cough*.

When did I get so bitter lel.

Keep watching it. If you don't hate SAO you haven't watched very much of it.
((Spoiler actually used to spoil plot))
Case in point... In a climax of vomit, Asuna is tentacle raped. Yes that is the Asuna in the first couple of episodes that acts like a badass and is generally interesting. She has a flowers for algernon complex in which she progressively becomes a stupider character until you completely hate her. By the second season she has degenerated into a cliche damsel in distress. And pretty much every scene she's in involves her getting molested by someone. I could talk about how the antagonist of this season is completely 2-dimensional with "pure evil" being every character trait he has, or how Kirito's biological sister inexplicably falls in love with him in the most painful series of trope-ridden anime love scenes ever, or how Kirito murders someone IN REAL LIFE and never goes through any legal process, in addition to Kirito being psychologically unphased by the event and no one else caring that a very important man with his phd has died. But that tentacle rape scene will always take the cake.

Keep watching it. If you don't hate SAO you haven't watched very much of it.
((Spoiler actually used to spoil plot))
Case in point... In a climax of vomit, Asuna is tentacle raped. Yes that is the Asuna in the first couple of episodes that acts like a badass and is generally interesting. She has a flowers for algernon complex in which she progressively becomes a stupider character until you completely hate her. By the second season she has degenerated into a cliche damsel in distress. And pretty much every scene she's in involves her getting molested by someone. I could talk about how the antagonist of this season is completely 2-dimensional with "pure evil" being every character trait he has, or how Kirito's biological sister inexplicably falls in love with him in the most painful series of trope-ridden anime love scenes ever, or how Kirito murders someone IN REAL LIFE and never goes through any legal process, in addition to Kirito being psychologically unphased by the event and no one else caring that a very important man with his phd has died. But that tentacle rape scene will always take the cake.
Spoiler response

The thing is that she lost most of her powers due to the bullshit GMing Sugou was doing. As badass as she was, you can't really do much when your shit gets taken away. Also Sugou didn't die.

SAO sucks.

stuff

Well, two things:
1.) Her being in a predicament that she can't use her powers is no excuse for the writers to have her sit back and get raped all the time. For fuck's sake, in the last battle she says something like "I can always depend on you to rescue me, Kirito." I mean, this is a medium of infinite potential, you can choose not to write her into this situation or you can choose to write her out of it if you actually still had any respect for her original character. But they didn't, and she was ruined even worse than she was in the first season.
2.) This wasn't just season 2- she starts out great, and by the time she's one of the highest leaders of one of the most prestigious guilds... she's gone from a bad ass to a generic tsundere who does barely anything. And then Kirito proposes and she changes to some sort of strange character with little personality aside from being Kirito's wife and generally being in love with him. Then she became a damsel in distress. Next season I expect her to be replaced with a body pillow.

And if evil science guy doesn't die, they could have given him a last scene that didn't involve kirito stab him in the chest and leave him bleeding in a parking lot. Plus, even if he just stabbed him, you're telling me there wasn't even a court case on this? Evil science guy would sue him, and he would probably win all things considered.

@Horseman
Come on man this isn't Berserk, there's no literal rape in this show, it's just attempt and the illusion of it. That scene with the tentacles only went as far a mild fondling and that's it. As for that final boss guy that was heavy molestation, but still not rape. Don't exaggerate with the word rape because that is a very sensitive subject and it completely ruins a show for some people. Please choose your words more carefully next time.

Last edited:
I already watched SAO. It was decent in the first half and less so in the second half. Not as bad as the haters claiming its sacrilege but its not as brilliant as the fans claim it to be either. (Accel World was better imo). This review said it best:

Don't watch if you don't like spoilers. Anyway show was a 6.5/10 for me. Regardless of the quality of the anime, you can't deny SAO has a sizable following for a relatively new anime since debut and is a good pick to get viewers for a 2 Am slot on Toonami where ratings is life or death (Again?) for them.

Last edited:
Accel World 4 Lyfe

I loved Sword Art Online, but I would've been much happier to see Accel World on Toonami. It really is a shame that SAO gets all the attention when Accel World needs and deserves so much more than it's getting. It was the first anime that made me stop watching it so I could go back and rewatch the first 5 episodes (episode 4 made me cry like a bitch). It has a great story and all of the characters are really strong and rememberable.

It'd be nice if Toonami would give some of the other shows they've aired in the past (and recently) but I understand that they need their ratings and the fan favorites bring those in (Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, etc). I'm hoping to see Symbionic Titan and Thundercats getting renewed. I also feel like Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?/Is This a Zombie? would be a good fit for their lineup.

Speaking of SAO:
http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/4053/Asuna+-Knights+of+the+Blood+Ver+-.html
http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/3710/Nendoroid+Asuna.html
(Needs Nendoroid Kirito and wants Nendoroid Leafa)
(GSC stop taking my money)

@Horseman
Come on man this isn't Berserk, there's no literal rape in this show, it's just attempt and the illusion of it. That scene with the tentacles only went as far a mild fondling and that's it. As for that final boss guy that was heavy molestation, but still not rape. Don't exaggerate with the word rape because that is a very sensitive subject and it completely ruins a show for some people. Please choose your words more carefully next time.
If you're bothered by rape but not what goes on in SAO you are a strange person, frankly. It's really heavily implied if we're going to pretend as though the only way rape can take place in a show is if there is an actual explicit scene. It's not really exaggeration to say that guy that was molesting her raped her, hell the villain basically says "I'm going to rape you or I'm going to turn you into my mindless sex slave" the first time we see Asuna in the cage. If you would be disgusted by rape in a literal sense but not SAO's degeneration of a great female lead character into a damsel in distress that is on-camera molested with implied rape then you should probably think for a moment about why you hate rape so much in the first place. Hint: You're not supposed to hate it because "ewww sex", you're supposed to hate it because of that whole morality part, and the fact that the antagonist as well as his henchman at least attempt it on Asuna multiple times and the show arguably frames it as something you are supposed to be aroused by should make you a hell of a lot angrier than reading I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.

Ouch. Well I'm an SAO fan, but I won't really argue your points. In fact I agree with a few of them.

It makes no sense that Asuna lost her power the way she did, and Leafa falling for Kirito makes absolutely no sense, but Kirito didn't Kill Oberon IRL. He stopped short of it.

Anyway as with anything SAO has its flaws, but there is still plenty good about it in my opinion. I don't know much about Accel World, so I can't compare the two, but I assume it must be pretty good.

stuff
Spoiler this?
And believe it or not, the reason I watched SAO so long is because the first like 5-6 episodes are great. It goes down hill but it was still kind of alright, it was mostly just Asuna's new lack of personality and that whole arc where she and Kirito get a virtual daughter that bugged me. And the finale of season 1 is actually pretty good. Even season 2 managed to be alright for like 15 minutes, right up until the point the villain is introduced and your suspension of disbelief is shattered because Asuna's parents are actually stupid enough to betroth their daughter while she's in a coma to a man that only vaguely knew her because he says "No really, she loves me, I swear!" After that it drops straight off of a cliff.

if an SAO VA shows up on tonight's salty cupcakes, someone should ask them what's the durability rating of a Frootsii sandwich. :D

If you're bothered by rape but not what goes on in SAO you are a strange person, frankly. It's really heavily implied if we're going to pretend as though the only way rape can take place in a show is if there is an actual explicit scene. It's not really exaggeration to say that guy that was molesting her raped her, hell the villain basically says "I'm going to rape you or I'm going to turn you into my mindless sex slave" the first time we see Asuna in the cage. If you would be disgusted by rape in a literal sense but not SAO's degeneration of a great female lead character into a damsel in distress that is on-camera molested with implied rape then you should probably think for a moment about why you hate rape so much in the first place. Hint: You're not supposed to hate it because "ewww sex", you're supposed to hate it because of that whole morality part, and the fact that the antagonist as well as his henchman at least attempt it on Asuna multiple times and the show arguably frames it as something you are supposed to be aroused by should make you a hell of a lot angrier than reading I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.
OK first of all do NOT question my morality, you're either misinterpreting what I'm saying or purposely trying to make me look like some asshole with misguided ideals. Let's get one thing straight first; We BOTH have the same moral code and attitude about this thing so get off your god damn high horse and stop trying to teach me something I already know.
That pun was a complete coincidence.
Don't pull crap out of thin air and just assume that I was talking about myself in that post. I was never talking about myself, I never even said the word "I". I was talking about how YOU have to be more sensitive about what you post because there ARE people out there who have a very strong reaction about this subject. Also, I still stand by what I said. I watched that scene at the end and while it was graphic and there was an "almost" moment, it did NOT go the whole mile. Actual rape did not happen, and that's actually important to a lot of people because it's a deeply disturbing subject and sometimes they can't stomach it. You have to think about other people before you start making statements like that.
All I'm saying is, if a guy breaks a leg, don't say he was crippled. People will get the wrong idea and react accordingly.
Now can we please stop talking about Sword Art Online? I'm getting a headache...

Last edited:
OK first of all do NOT question my morality, you're either misinterpreting what I'm saying or purposely trying to make me look like some asshole with misguided ideals. Let's get one thing straight first; We BOTH have the same moral code and attitude about this thing so get off your god damn high horse and stop trying to teach me something I already know.
That pun was a complete coincidence.
Don't pull crap out of thin air and just assume that I was talking about myself in that post. I was never talking about myself, I never even said the word "I". I was talking about how YOU have to be more sensitive about what you post because there ARE people out there who have a very strong reaction about this subject. Also, I still stand by what I said. I watched that scene at the end and while it was graphic and there was an "almost" moment, it did NOT go the whole mile. Actual rape did not happen, and that's actually important to a lot of people because it's a deeply disturbing subject and sometimes they can't stomach it. You have to think about other people before you start making statements like that.
All I'm saying is, if a guy breaks a leg, don't say he was crippled. People will get the wrong idea and react accordingly.
Now can we please stop talking about Sword Art Online? I'm getting a headache...

That was never directed at you personally either, for the record. Sorry if I offended you. "You" is used in a relative sense, referring to whoever it is that's sensitive to the subject of rape.
However, even if there's never any direct reference to rape, if you would be disgusted by rape you would be disgusted by what happens in sword art online. There is, at the very least, implied rape and direct molestation that the show displays as sexually appealing. If you can't stomach rape, I don't know how you would stomach that just because it never gets explicit or direct with rape. I'm not saying it wouldn't have been any worse if that scene actually did happen, but it still crosses the line and would offend anyone sensitive to rape regardless.

That was never directed at you personally either, for the record. Sorry if I offended you. "You" is used in a relative sense, referring to whoever it is that's sensitive to the subject of rape.
However, even if there's never any direct reference to rape, if you would be disgusted by rape you would be disgusted by what happens in sword art online. There is, at the very least, implied rape and direct molestation that the show displays as sexually appealing. If you can't stomach rape, I don't know how you would stomach that just because it never gets explicit or direct with rape. I'm not saying it wouldn't have been any worse if that scene actually did happen, but it still crosses the line and would offend anyone sensitive to rape regardless.
It's alright, all water under the bridge now. I try to avoid that problem with "You" by instead using "One." Sure it makes me sound stuck up and posh but it get's the job done.
I'm not saying this is the truth for everyone but a lot of people I know consider rape an entirely different monster from molestation. To them molestation is bearable to watch, but rape is horrifying and unwatchable.
I know a few people who were fine with watching that Walking Dead episode where Glenn and Maggie were kidnapped and tortured, but they would have just stopped watching entirely if Maggie was actually raped.
My apologies if you don't watch The Walking Dead. People react differently to these subjects. Some people have strong guts about one thing but not the other. Some people are sensitive to to both things. Some people, nothing phases them. This isn't necessarily a good or bad thing, it just is.

So how 'bout that Soul Eater?
I've never seen it before but its quite fun to watch.

Sadly, I hear its going to get into filler soon (which isn't that great) and then it'll end.

But isn't the manga run complete so now they could try and animate the rest, right? It worked for FMA.

Well this got derailed really quickly.

So how 'bout that Soul Eater?
What Do YOU Think!?
tumblr_mp74wdMQNT1r17lmbo1_500.gif

I've never seen it before but its quite fun to watch.

Sadly, I hear its going to get into filler soon (which isn't that great) and then it'll end.

But isn't the manga run complete so now they could try and animate the rest, right? It worked for FMA.
The show ended a while ago with a "Gecko Ending." I would be so hyped for a Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood style reboot of show where they actually follow the manga, but I don't know the chances of that actually happening.

Reactions: Jutsei
ALRIGHT WHO'S WATCHING TOONAMI TONIGHT!?

First up is Bleach! I actually like this show, but it is infamous for it's fillers. Seriously if your going to watch the entire series without filler be prepared to skip like 100 episodes.

First up is Bleach! I actually like this show, but it is infamous for it's fillers. Seriously if your going to watch the entire series without filler be prepared to skip like 100 episodes.
Oh boy
Better tie yourself up.
Fillers coming.
And I heard the Anime ended.

Reactions: Denizen
Oh boy
Better tie yourself up.
Fillers coming.
And I heard the Anime ended.
I totally stopped watching after Ichigo vs. Aizen.

I'm OK with Naruto, It's Naruto Shippuden that I really like. But It's the same relationship I have with Bleach.

I just stopped watching after Sasuke vs. Danzo.

Of course none of these shows hold a candle to Attack on Titan, at least in my opinion.

Disney holds the rights to Naruto Shippuden.
There's the problem.
Huwwo seriously? That's weeeeeiiiiirrrrrd man.

They do.
And they haven't used it for a while either.
Until Disney loosens that we're stuck with shitty part 1 of Naruto
Are you talking about being stuck with the english dub of Shippuden part 1? It's been like years man, I don't know the state of the show right now.

Are you talking about being stuck with the english dub of Shippuden part 1? It's been like years man, I don't know the state of the show right now.
I meant Part 1 of Naruto.
Which is what it's called before Sasuke leaves the Leaf.
Part 1 of Naruto is garbage compared to Shippuden