• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

So I went back to watch this weeks shows that I care about since I can't watch when they air on Saturday nights(namely Soul Eater and FMA:B), and OMFG, THE NEW SOUL EATER OP IS AMAZING! Seriously, that's one of the best OP's I've ever heard, and I now I'm scared to hear the cut toonami airing version which will probably ruin it.

so i hear tonight's gonna be an interesting night for toonami

especially with soul eater being an excalibur episode and SAO is, well, SAO

Reactions: Denizen
so i hear tonight's gonna be an interesting night for toonami

especially with soul eater being an excalibur episode and SAO is, well, SAO
And for anyone who cares about Bleach, it looks like they're getting back to the actual story *collective gasp*.
As far as I've heard, the manga's still going but this is the start of the final arc that the anime covers.

TOONAMI IS ON. DISCUSS.

it appears Bleach somehow got a massive animation budget boost for this filler arc

it appears Bleach somehow got a massive animation budget boost for this filler arc
Wait, this is a filler arc? I thought for sure this was actually following up from the Aizen arc, they even addressed Ichigo losing his powers.
*sighs*
I guess filler that follows a story is a better alternative than random ones.

Hey guess what guys, I remembered Toonami this weekend! Is it weird that IGPX is the show that I look forward to the most? I think it's weird because when I first saw it I didn't like it at all.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP IT'S THE ONE HOUR FINALE OF IGPX TONIGHT! COWBOY BEBOP AS WELL!

Last edited:
Wow...

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

Last edited:
Hey guess what guys, I remembered Toonami this weekend! Is it weird that IGPX is the show that I look forward to the most? I think it's weird because when I first saw it I didn't like it at all.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP IT'S THE ONE HOUR FINALE OF IGPX TONIGHT! COWBOY BEBOP AS WELL!

Also Big O too. So many finales. I hope toonami starts announcing new stuff soon.

Speaking of new stuff...

This is happening on Toonami for January at the 11:30 timeslot.

Space Dandy created by Shinichiro Watanabe and rest of Cowboy Bebop team is set to premiere the dub before even the Japanese version airs. This is something that rarely happens nowadays so this a pleasant surprise.

More info here on CR.

Hope Steve Blum voices Space Dandy.

Reactions: Denizen
Speaking of new stuff...

This is happening on Toonami for January at the 11:30 timeslot.

Space Dandy created by Shinichiro Watanabe and rest of Cowboy Bebop team is set to premiere the dub before even the Japanese version airs. This is something that rarely happens nowadays so this a pleasant surprise.

More info here on CR.

Hope Steve Blum voices Space Dandy.

Triple boobs. I don't know how to feel about this.
Srs talk: So what, does Toonami technically start a half hour earlier once that comes out? Will Tom do his intro for the night at 11:30 instead of 12:00?

Triple boobs. I don't know how to feel about this.

Just think of the chick from Total Recall and you'll be fine.

More Toonami news:

- FLCL returns tonight.
- New Lineup Promo Tonight
- New Game Review tonight
- The December weeks will be movie nights.
- Some issues involving Space Dandy, I guess it was too early to post official info on their tumblr which they retracted. January 4th, 26 Episodes, and the 11:30 time-slot is not a 100% thing. Demarco says more firm details soon since still several months until show airs.

Source

we dont care about the problems with space dandy, we just want to know,

Is he voiced by Steve Blum?

Reactions: Crayolan
King Star King appearing as the Toonami surprise show was incredibly disappointing.

131437726918-Kyon_facepalm.jpg

Korgoth of Barbaria makes up for it.

I wish that was a series. I miss Diedrich Bader as Korgoth.

Last edited:
Korgoth is awesome. I wish they could do a kickstarter to revive the series.

I have Toonami on but I'm so bored with what' going on right now that I've lowered the volume and I'm watching the Shitstorm of Scariness instead.

Kick-Heart is cool though.

- King Star King

- Korgoth of Barbaria

- KickHeart

If Toonami wanted to air shows that felt like you were on acid then an hour long presentation of a Funimation anime like Panty & Stockings would have sufficed without all the backlash the overall reaction was. Even more FLCL reruns would have done the trick.

These shows regardless how bad/good they were would have been more appropriate on Sunday Night Adult Swim television block. Not gonna pretend this wasn't the cheaper route to choose by unearthing old cancelled Adult Swim pilots to fill up a vacant time slot.

Wouldn't have been nearly as bad if Toonami haven't been hyping up the "Surprise" until the final moments.

tonight on toonami:
Bleach - more filler with surprisingly good animation
Naruto - its lee being lee.
One Piece - the introduction of many important characters. so intriguing!
Soul Eater - i think we're fully diverged from the manga now
SAO - Isn't this is where it goes from kinda coherent overdramatic silliness that makes no sense to next week where it goes totally into the realm of friggin' crazy nonsense?
FLCL - uhh. its episode 2. its hard to describe this show sometimes.
King Star King - This makes Superjail seem measured and thoughtful.
Korgoth - OH GOD KORGOTH IS AWESOME. I haven't seen it in so long but its so great.
KickHeart - its wacky. i remember that much from the last movie night.

its so late. so tired.

Last edited:
Well this was a miserable night. At least Soul Eater was awesome.
SAO-Holy. Fucking. Shit. I can't even...I'm terrified to imagine how it could get any worse, but apparently we just finished the good half of SAO. As if there was ever a good part. There was just so much nonsensical bullshit in this episode it was painful to watch. Why couldn't the series have just ended vaguely at that white flash near the end. It would have been slightly less shitty.

King Star King-Whoever made this should be given an award, cause holy shit, not only was this worse than the entirety of SAO as of yet, but I think it might be worse than GXP. You have to really make an effort to be worse than that garbage. Maybe this wouldn't be so terrible if I was high while watching this.

Korgoth-This actually didn't suck, thank god. Very reminiscent of classic cartoon network humor, just with adult swim levels of violence/sexual themes. Shame it didn't become a series.

Kick Heart-Aaaaaand back to trash. This show was just really weird, but not in the good way. It was also pretty boring and the plot was incoherent. I think I would rather have watched SAO again, at least that has nice animation and a good OP.

Please no more "surprises" any time soon Tom.

I liked Kick-Heart...

It felt like a Space Opera, but in a wrestling ring.

Didn't Toonami already show Kick-Heart on that night that they showed Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance?

So now Naruto Shippuden is coming to Toonami on January along with Space Dandy.

Hey guys! It’s only been a week or two since we announced the happy news that we’ll be world premiering SPACE DANDY on Toonami in January, but we’ve got more big news we’ve been dying to communicate to you.

First, some bad news: Naruto will be leaving Toonami on November 30th. Don’t worry, it’s out there streaming in several places if you want to continue the story (and we think you should).

But the GOOD news is, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN is finally coming home to Toonami in January, premiering the same night as Space Dandy (final date tbd)!

And yes, it will be uncut. And glorious.

There’s more news coming down the pike, but for now, enjoy your regular Naruto eps and prepare to get caught up, because SHIPPUDEN. IS. COMING.
We’re excited! Hope you are too.

Stay Gold!

Love, the Toonami Crew
Surprised Toonami got this from Disney XD.
source

So now Naruto Shippuden is coming to Toonami on January along with Space Dandy.
I always figured the airing the pre-timeskip naruto was just a stopgap measure for time while they wrangled the rights from disney.

I still have high hopes that Space Dandy will be dubbed when it premieres here in America.

I might be the only one watching Bleach on Toonami right now, but I just need to say that stunt that Rangiku pulled with the metal rod was REALLY FUCKING CLEVER.

Also, Tom makes me want to buy Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

This week on toonami:

Bleach: Filler and fights!
Naruto: Charts and graphs!
One Piece: Money and Problems!
Soul Eater: Intrigue and Mysteries!
SAO: Creepy Weirdness and Implausible Situations!

Ok its late and SAO is just . . . when people said it goes off the deep end in season 2, well, I starting to think they're selling it short.

December Movie Week lineup

12/7- AKIRA- Yup. The most influential anime film of all time is coming to Toonami and kicking off a month of movies. That promo will be something to see, we’re tellin’ ya. By the way, the 25th anniversary remastered Blu-Ray was just released by our friends at Funimation, and man. It’s gorgeous.

12/14- SUMMER WARS- directed by Mamoru Hosoda, this modern classic is something we’ve had our eye on for a while. We think you’ll love it!

12/21- FULL METAL ALCHEMIST- THE CONQUEROR OF SHAMBALLA- FMA fans know how great this gem is. And so do we. Produced by Bones, the same studio who will be bringing you SPACE DANDY in January!

12/28- TRIGUN: BADLAND RUMBLE- Trigun is back where he belongs on Adult Swim, in a special one off adventure.
And that’s not all! We’ll also be doing a TOONAMI T-SHIRT GIVEAWAY for the whole month of December, AND you might see some interesting things happening with TOM and the Absolution!

Source

Tonight's Toonami is on at the same time the Skullgirls expo stream is on?

That's a tough choice.

so late . . . here's a recap:

Bleach: Characters no one likes fight in a battle to determine who's more irrelevant!
Naruto: After this Lee doesn't really do anything important. Except that spin-off which is really funny.
One Piece: Where'd everyone go?
Soul Eater: Cool fights and people feeling sad.
SAO: Yeah. I can see why people say this is the point when the show gets LEGENDARY. I was laughing way too much at what I can only describe as complete bizarre weirdness.
FLCL: Its all symbolism! Look at all that symbolism!

Summer Wars?
tumblr_mc20cwjjao1rpx5jto1_500.gif

Reactions: Jutsei
SAO: Yeah. I can see why people say this is the point when the show gets LEGENDARY. I was laughing way too much at what I can only describe as complete bizarre weirdness.

Am I the only one here who actually kinda likes Sword Art Online? I mean, all I've heard from people is how bad it was but quite frankly, Tenchi Muyo GXP or whatever it was called was far worse.

Not saying SAO doesn't have its dumb moments though.

"Tonight's broadcast is brought to you by Xbone..."

Looks like they sold out.

"Tonight's broadcast is brought to you by Xbone..."
they probably needed extra cash to afford some of them high profile shows

Attack on Titan & KLK ain't gonna be cheap!

Reactions: Broseidon Rex