• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Umbrella Palette Ideas (for Fun)

tristePinguino

Droppin' combos like they're hot!
Reaction score
Filia Unknown
A new addition to the playable cast means more opportunities for fun color palettes and references. Umbrella & Hungern are no exception! Here's a thread to share some ideas for palettes you'd like to see.

Here is Umbrella & Hungern's color map, as shown on the Skullgirls Twitter:
This tweet contains a comment stating that the palettes shown are just examples and are not final.
Even so, a Rachel Alucard and Amy Rose palette would be really cool to see!

Here's a few I put together (some of which were made before the color map was revealed):

Umbrella Adeleine.jpg

Umbrella HatKid.jpg

Specifically based on her appearances in the Marvel vs. Capcom games.
Umbrella Roll.jpg

"Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana-Fanna Bo Besca the Third". But you can call her Dot.
Umbrella Dot.jpg

"TOTSUGEKIII."
Specifically based on her appearance in Guilty Gear -Strive-.
Umbrella May.jpg

If you have a base image for your palettes you can post I'll give it a try with some ideas.

How to make your own Umbrella palette:

1. Go to the Skullgirls Mobile Palette Editor made by the brilliant Krazete - https://sgmpalette.netlify.app/
2. Select the "Custom" icon
3. Focus on coloring the Umbrella standing in idle pose (as seen in the False Color Maps tweet shown in first post).
4. Click on an area (like Umbrella's boot) to quick select what you want to change. Use the color picker or type in your hexadecimal color code.
5. Once finished, download the PNG
6. Post it in this thread and tell us about it!

A few Umbrella and Hungern palettes:
umbrellas-A.jpg

+ Parasoul & Krieg (Skullgirls)
+ Efi & Orisa (Overwatch)
+ Peridot (Steven Universe)
+ Luz Noceda (The Owl House)
+ Lil' Slugger (Paranoia Agent)

Oooh, another Parasoul and Luz! :D
If I had known there was a Palette Editor app, I totally would've used that instead, lol.

Umbrella Kogasa Tatara.jpg
Umbrella Parasoul.jpg
Umbrella Morton Salt.jpg
Umbrella Carioca.jpg
Umbrella Luz Noceda.jpg

Umbrella Maggie.jpg
I attempted a Mallow-colored Hungern, but I didn't like it.
Umbrella Geno.jpg
I'm not well-versed in Persona. I couldn't pick a Persona that I wanted to color Hungern after, so I just colored him like Lavenza's chainsaw.
Umbrella Caroline Justine.jpg
Umbrella Filia.jpg
Umbrella Little Misfortune.jpg

That's the last of what I've put together. For now.

Suggested on Twitter:
Umbrella Midori Asakusa.png

Maybe Hungern's saliva could be colored like ink or something, lol.
Umbrella Callie.jpg

Are her current existing palettes references to anything in particular?

Good question. Here are the current six:
U6.jpg

Two I know for sure:

1. Default
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. Original (pretty much tradition for most characters to have a yellow-black-white #5)
goldblack.jpg
6. ???

Ooh, thanks for putting them all together!

I'm assuming #3 is a Christmas palette, with Umbrella dressed as Santa Claus and Hungern colored like a tree.
I SWEAR #4 looks familiar, but I can't place it...

Not quite relevant, but I never occurred to me until recently that the Skullgirls Mobile Forums would have a similar thread. There's a lot of good ideas there too!

Not quite relevant, but I never occurred to me until recently that the Skullgirls Mobile Forums would have a similar thread. There's a lot of good ideas there too!
And some people post their ideas at both forums.
For better coverage.

Reactions: tristePinguino
α Umbrella colors:
1. Default
2. ???
3. Santa Claus and Christmas Tree
4. Ulala and red Morolian (Space Channel 5)
From the 1999/2000 Sega Dreamcast game, Ulala in her "Cheery White" costume and one of the dancing aliens for Hungern
sc5.jpg
5. Original
6. ???

I've seen some argue #6 is Saiki Kusuo from the manga/anime The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. because of the magenta hair and green uniform, but I am not convinced.

Made a few more!

tressa-bella.png

pikamee-brella.png

index.png

Made a few more!
I never knew how much I needed a Canadian Mountie Umbrella.
Now, if only we could have a crossover with "Due South"...

i made a few colors but i dont think i did them well

Nishizono mio from Little Busters
Rainbow 2.0 from Steven Universe
Perona from One Piece

Attachments

• nishizono mio (little busters) umbrella.png
    nishizono mio (little busters) umbrella.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 271
  • Rainbow 2.0 Umbrella.png
    Rainbow 2.0 Umbrella.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Perona Umbrella.png
    Perona Umbrella.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 253
What if Umbrella had an imperfect Cell color? I'm lazy and don't feel like doing it and afaik her palette doesn't support spots but I thought it'd be kind of funny albiet very ugly

Many years ago SuperLuigi911 extracted a sprite of Double turning into Umbrella and made it into a color map.
And I'm thankful for that, because I needed a very special pose to present a palette, loosely based on Doomguy and Cacodemon from "Doom".
This one was pretty hard to do, because I can't Photoshop to safe my life.
I might even say, that I felt like Adam dealing with this Umbrella.
Doombrella.png

Attachments

• Doombrella.png
    Doombrella.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 228
sylvieumbrellabrella.png

Umbrella as Sylvie Paula Paula from KOFXIV

Hungern's eyes made me think of Sylvie's various eye accessories so I wanted to give making one a shot
I've never done this before but I'm really happy with how it turned out

Many years ago SuperLuigi911 extracted a sprite of Double turning into Umbrella and made it into a color map.
And I'm thankful for that, because I needed a very special pose to present a palette, loosely based on Doomguy and Cacodemon from "Doom".
This one was pretty hard to do, because I can't Photoshop to safe my life.
I might even say, that I felt like Adam dealing with this Umbrella.
View attachment 15865
This is incredible. SG has needed a Doomguy color since 2013 tbh

I was thinking of those ice cream pops of cartoon characters and thought this'd be a fun match.
_umbrella1_by_krazete.png
There were some good Ness palette ideas being thrown around so I wanted to add more Earthbound and thought her outfit would fit a Kumatora palette. Took me a while to decide what to do with Hungern but then I remembered Ult Chimera and decided that'd be great.
_umbrella1_by_krazete.png