• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Under Night In-Birth developers interested in adding a Skullgirls character to the roster!

From Facebook:

*** Official Word on Under Night in Birth ***

Thank you to everyone who got in touch via FB / Twitter / our forum / email about a localization of Under Night in Birth.

The call for interest on Twitter wasn't actually official, but we would love to work with French Bread / UNiB / Melty Blood and damn, that was one *amazing* outpouring of support. We will definitely look into this one :)

That said, Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm is our #1 priority for the short term, so please support us for that and we'll send update on FB / UNiB if / when they happen!

Merkava is a lot of fun, fighting good Linnes is not. That is all. Also, after playing Uni for a little while now, I'm not really sure as to which SG character best fits in the cast, maybe Ms. Fortune.

I think Marie would be the best choice overall for UNIB. They could get creative with her moveset to have her fit into the fullscreen footsie game of UNIB.

YES, YES, YES, YES! Totally buying it. Anything to make up for lack of BlazBlue on PC. :P And if those games sell well enough maybe ArcSys will finally bring BB back to it.

The only character I would actually want to see in UNiB would be Val.

Maybe Squigs.

It's clearly Annie.

Reactions: iLoli
Guys, take a look at the new update in the Retail version! There's an art gallery and it has a picture of Filia by Seiichi Yoshihara, one of the artists for UNIB. Filia confirmed as playable Guest Character for UNIB?

I never cared for Filia, but the French Bread version of Filia looks great. She's taller and looks less like a teenager and more like a pretty young adult woman. The only problem is that her breasts are too comically big in the Versus art. They're so huge even Valentine would get jealous.

EDIT: Decided to do a screen capture.
5BDB52787075C5B0615ECCC1FC902FAB847C59A5

Last edited:
Oh god let this be truely a possible hint not only can my main be in 2 games but she looks so fricken awesome in that art style....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!!!

Makes sense they put Fillia in the game since she is like the Ryu of Skullgirls, Also cannot wait for this since Filia is my main.

now that's neat. but i gotta ask: when is UNiB going to be released outside of japan?

and will they get Christine & Del to do voices or there be some new japanese VAs?

What did they do for Akatsuki for his voice acting, because if they got a new VAs for him they might get a new VAs for Fillia and Samson.

Please try to remember that a single Guest Art image in Skullgirls does not mean she is a confirmed character in UNiB. Take it for what it is until it's actually confirmed: A neat piece of fan art.

This is true, but it's also a theory that shouldn't be completely dismissed either.

UNLESS... you know something that we don't? LOL

Last edited:
Not surprising it would be Filia. She would keep up with the guest main character trend that Sion (Eltnum lol) and Akatsuki represent in their games. Gonna wait for some official footage or more concrete details before getting ahead of myself though.

In any case it is pretty bizarre to see Filia converted into the UNiB anime art style (Those long legs...) because we are so used to the more western cartoony animation style of Filia.

Would be most interested to see how her gameplay would be transitioned into the game. Her move-list and fighting style rushdown is simple enough, but wondering if French Bread will give Filia something she didn't have before.

If it is Filia, I wouldn't be to mad.

I'd prefer they'd slightly alter her clothes, though, like with Sion.

As much as I like Filia, I was hoping for Marie.

I'm still using Merkava, she'll probably be a sub.

I did not know about any of this until today. God, I am touching so many fighting games next year....

Guess that extra fat went from Filia's thighs to her breasts...

Really hope it gets a PC version! I wanna try Carmine, Merkava and that red-head sword chick that's name escapes me at the moment.

so UNiB has a US character in it before it gets a US release?

I have no idea how to feel about that.

Guess that extra fat went from Filia's thighs to her breasts...

Really hope it gets a PC version! I wanna try Carmine, Merkava and that red-head sword chick that's name escapes me at the moment.

I do not approve.

I can only hope it's filia then I can main her and vatista ^^

Fillia's expression in that picture seems kind of odd to me for some reason. She looks like her legs and breasts aged while the rest of her seems about the same.

Filia wit monstrous thighs
monstrous thighs
monstrous
Let's not get carried away here.

Did he woop woop pull over, though?

Did he woop woop pull over, though?
I'm pretty sure he did. (But really, he did say Filia has the biggest ass of the current playable cast, before Squigly, not to mention she's 39 in the hips compared to Val's 40.)

Reactions: No longer exist
She looks just fine to me.

Well you like Minette. That's a pretty good idea of your standards.

Filia too skinny, is problem to me.

an ass to the end it seems cant you have your own life and not insult me at every turn for like minette?

So what if I have different standards I like characters portrayed n different art styles she looks just fine to me is all I'm saying.

Last edited:
an ass to the end it seems

So what if I have different standards I like characters portrayed n different art styles she looks just fine to me is all I'm saying.

It's not really the ass that bothers me, she just seems way too thin in general regardless of the art style.

One of the things that amuses me the most about Filia is the consequences of Samson eating so much going to her, lol. She's cute with the pudginess, even if it is "anime pudgy". Making her svelte loses a bit of her charm.

That being said, she still looks cool, and if we actually get this game on Steam or a format we can play, I am maining her and Orie on day one.