• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Under Night In-Birth

Hope PC gets a release as well. Happy it's finally coming either way though.

Well goody, might this finally be the version with Filia?
I know you're joking, but I actually hope you're not.

Filia's neutral isn't wacky enough for this game and the only honest workin' man we need is Akatsuki

Filia's neutral isn't wacky enough for this game

I dunno I've always felt that, aside from the poorly designed god-3 in the original, Under-Night is a comparatively methodical, ground focused game.

it is
but also vatista mirrors exist and I have never seen more intense staring matches in my life

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
Filia would play in a totally different way in this game. I don't see aerial rushdown in UNIEL, at least not in a way that makes sense. I think Squigly would translate better to UNIEL's style...

...ok I just want Squigly because she's my main. But my point stands.

Squigly could certainly handle the range better.

I mean, the article did say 19 when current UNIEL has 16...so we have to see one more?

I just hope Gordeau is more...uh...balanced?

Gordeau got kicked in the shit in UNIEST
he's a much more honest man now

he'll still make your day hell if you let him, but his dumbest tools got toned the fuck down

Yeah I still see Gordeau hold-outs, but I am seeing a lot more Seth and Vatista this time.

My friend-o Chaos seems just as rare despite buffs... is he still useless?

He's not turbo ass because his dog can actually attack stuff now but I'd still only place him in the middle of things

He's playable now, but the returns for learning him aren't quite as strong as characters like Seth or Vatista

I mean, the article did say 19 when current UNIEL has 16...so we have to see one more?

I just hope Gordeau is more...uh...balanced?

In Japan, the game currently has 18 characters: Akatsuki, Byakuya, Carmine, Chaos, Eltnum, Gordeau, Hilda, Hyde, Linne, Merkava, Mika, Nanase, Orie, Phonon, Seth, Vatista, Waldstein, Yuzuriha

Enkidu, of course, brings it up to 19.

I do hope we get one more to bring the cast up to an even 20
Odd numbered casts and uneven CSSes make me cry

I just want the links of the colors.

Trailer for the next version dropped a week ago. There is footage of Echidna and Wagner. I really am getting some Tsubaki vibes from her.

Huh... I thought I was missing a thread for this to be posted in.

I dunno Jack about UNIB, I was interested in the music and characters for a while, but then I saw someone with big old claws infinitely throwing someone in the corner amd scurried away. Looks like I should be reinvested.

Didn't even expect this to have any updates. And yeah, Blondie definitely gives tsubaki yayoi vibes

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH POP 7 LTE using Tapatalk

Had some left over footage of Chaos that I recently decided to make into a small little combo video

Though making it got me thinking, is Chaos getting any better (Getting any buffs) in the later versions?
I mean I can't be the only one that sees him as possibly one of the worst characters compared to others.
(The main thing that gets me about him is his damage; There's just none > <)

Now I could be completely off base because when I first started SG I thought Val was the worst since she hits a bajillion time but doesn't have the same chip damage factor like Amane from BB
And would only serve to scale the junk outta your combos.

That was before I found out that her moves were really meant to be drawn out to get your times worth with the vials. =)

Does chaos have some type of hidden strat/tactic that really makes his combos worth doing like Vals or something? because I love using the guy a lot but it's like playing Dan Hibiki vs Ryu most matches with him =T

Chaos didn't get a lot of buffs but dog sure did.
He can pressure a lot more reliably in new versions of the game

Still not top, but he's a viable mid-tier

Chaos without his pet has options considering he essentially has a combo trait that allows him free knockups. It was ALWAYS the pet that he needed buffed to make him viable. its slow and is his only real source of damage in UNIEL. Glad to hear it got buffed to make him more viable :D

Reactions: Notkastar
Chaos without his pet has options considering he essentially has a combo trait that allows him free knockups. It was ALWAYS the pet that he needed buffed to make him viable. its slow and is his only real source of damage in UNIEL. Glad to hear it got buffed to make him more viable :D

I'd say. ◠‿◠)
Though it kinda sucks to hear that chaos himself didn't get any buffs I gotta say having the pet buffed is a close second in making the guy better and less of a Dan ╹‿╹)

Reactions: North888
As far as I know Chaos himself had some small tweaks but they recognized the big issue was with his dog. It gained a lot of invincibility on the startup of it's moves iirc, so you can just punch it outta everything

But these are changes I'm recalling from over a year ago, so he might be better/worse off now

HEY GUYS UNIEST IS OUT NOW SO GO GET IT IT'S A GOOD FIGHT GAME
merkava-uniel-rapid-punches.gif

HEY GUYS UNIEST IS OUT NOW SO GO GET IT IT'S A GOOD FIGHT GAME

I don't see it on Steam, just it's predecessor. When will it come?

WRYYYYYYYYY
tumblr_njups1B7jz1r193sio1_1280.jpg
>$50

Wryyyyyyyy...

*looks at Steam sale with Melty Blood* Hmmm...

Did you watched CB finals. Was it good to showcase UNIST?

There is a thread for that.

Reactions: Era