• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Under Night In-Birth

Game is fun. Flashy lights and screenshake and good hitstop when you hit people, which is probably the most important thing for me lol.

I guess it's... kinda like a cross between Street Fighter and Guilty Gear?

Best description of it I've seen is that it plays like a classic ground/footsies focused game like SF or KOF, but with anime combos and set ups.

I like it a lot. Been playing Wagner. Fun, interestingly designed character focused around installs. Short range, but she can do whatever the fuck she wants once she gets charges. Cool neutral mindgames there.

Grid very much affects the gameflow and makes Green Shield more interesting than it is in Guilty Gear, too.

Wagner is kinda Squigly/Band levels of annoying. In a game where you want to sometimes not press buttons to conserve Grid, Wagner benefits from those moments with charges. If she has sword charge and gets her pressure started, you have to either take a lot of chip or risk Grid break (edit: in general you want to use Shield at some point, but you still take like twice as much chip as other matchups, plus she has better mixup than Hyde). If she has shield charge, she gets an auto-guard shield rush which is just strong. She can also outpoke Seth, though Linne's 2B is a surprisingly good poke (the trick is that she takes a step forward).

Last edited:
EXE Late(st) confirmed to air on Steam, August 20th... and the only dub of the characters is in Cross Tag Battle!

Yeah, it's been confirmed for a while hasn't it? Excited to finally pick it up.

Hype
Says the man who doesn't play fighting games.

Says the man who has a newborn!
Oh shit, congrats. How's she doing?

Dudes, Combo breaker was amazing.
Must watch Schoolbus games and Foxof games. SO hype.

Looks like Guilty Gear and BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle aren't the only ones getting new stuff...

Reactions: Chaos Master42
I heard that good ol' Fist Boi is actually pretty good in [cl-r.]