• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Valentine Combo Thread

I really hate how the most "reliable" burst baits that work on Cerebella are still height dependent, all because her hitbox is like a cross so you need her to be at the exact height in order for jump back j.lp to work.

I've tried finding alternate burst baits and I have found a few but they're all height dependent too. Fuck.

broke 7.3 with 1 meter and no vial. Haven't tested on other characters yet but pretty sure it's big band specific.

Reactions: Colossi
So I was messing around with corner combos and got this

It requires a level 3 vial and does 11k damage in the corner.

Do it in a normal damage ratio. 3v3 is 1.30x damage.
Also, do all the hits of s.mp and s.mk for more damage at the end, don't start with j.hp and try using assist at the end.

edit
@ashxu
If they don't pop, you can do j.hk after

What would you suggest using instead of j.hp to start off? Cause I was thinking that this might be a decent out of the corner cross-up for val if you get stuck in the corner.

I didn't mean to say that j.hp is bad, but when you want to see the regular combo damage, the pattern is a low-starting chain, that would be c.lk c.mk(1) c.hp.

yes when you do it that way you get 1983 when you start with j.hp you get 2987. Im trying to optimize fukua assist in the corner

the vid is private colossi
Sorry, I forgot to confirm the video and left there processing. Now it's k.

Ok, watched some vids, found out the combo I posted was already something CloudKing was already doing. Also found out it works on all heavies (Eliza, Parasoul, Double, Bella), given minor adjustments on timing. Not sure if it works on lights; having trouble trying to make it work on Squigs.

Im trying to optimize fukua assist in the corner

Well fukua drill assist is a multi-hitting assist. 5 hits. That's gonna scale your combo to crap if you use it early on.
Damage scaling is based on number of hits and you reach minimum scaling at 15 hits.

Basic SG combo theory suggests throwing in as many hard hitting attacks within those 15 hits. Multi-hitting stuff are simply combo fodder and best after minimum scaling.

@joshb911 Try something like this

c.lk c.mk c.hp
j.hp xx h bypass
otg c.mk c.hp
j.hk adc j.mp j.hk
j.lp, delay j.mp
s.lp (x3) s.lk s.mp (x2) c.mk s.hp (call Fukua), H bypass, EKG

you can call fukua anywhere in the last chain, like during s.mp. Also I didn't do s.lk at the last chain in the vid, but doing so can bump it up to 7.8k.

Thanks for the help fedora didn't realize you get around 15 unscalled I'll definitely try that out

It's not that the first 15 hits are unscaled, your first 3 hits are unscaled. After that your hits start scaling down at a compounding 87.5% per hit. After 15 hits, damage scales to a minimum 27.5% for attacks with base damage of 1000 and above and 20% of base damage for hits under 1000 base damage.

Why don't you guys be cool and do the Duckator BnBs?

Why would I if all his combos envolve hornet bomber to work?

Reactions: cloudKing211
he has non Double BnBs. I do those all the time because so swag

I use Razor Cortex. Just hit ctrl+alt+v to toggle recording. Also doubles as something to boost your game's preformance. I know others use fraps. Never tried OBS so dunno.

Why don't you guys be cool and do the Duckator BnBs?

Or we could make our own combos and find better damage.
Or find something to do with green vial cuz we still don't know what to do with that thing.

Last edited:
Hey Fedora quick question on the combo you recorded is that a light only or is it universal?

no editing because i don't caare right now ok

Hey Fedora quick question on the combo you recorded is that a light only or is it universal?

It's universal. Though on fat asses (Big Band, Double) replace the otg c.mk with s.lk cuz they hit the floor sooner than the other characters.

Just be apart of the cool kids guys.

alright sweet I'll add that to my arsenal

Green vial level 2 ix a safe tag to everyone, and allows follow ups for all but bella, para, and squigs I believe. Level 3 vial allows random vial confirm much easier, as well as allow tag combos to be optimized

Reactions: gllt

Final versions of my green vial standard combo (for carry and $$profit$$)

Reactions: LuxadeSwag
Or be like Parasoul and don't need lv 3 Green potion and be awesome

Excuse Dapurplesharpie stream in the background. Btw it's easier on heavies

midscreen + LnL assist & lvl1 green

Yo gllt runnin this thread. Plz play my team and come up with all my tech&combos for me T.T
Squigly has a tendency to fly over val if you try to catch her after LnL with any crouching attack. So do s.mk(1) c.hp. I think you might milk a lil more damage that way too. I think.

c.hp and s.mk both have 14f startup, so if you can go for s.mk, you can go for c.hp for extra undizzy

Valentine Double crossunder

So do s.mk(1) c.hp. I think you might milk a lil more damage that way too. I think.

sMK1 does tend to get more damage, good point. I just like the cMK2 because its more damage than cMK1 and it tends to help restand them before launch and give me a more solid followup, but I'll check that out!

Ta-dah. Never do this. Ever.

Ya know, I've been wondering how to do assist-less bypass loops for a while now.
I like you and I will refuse to heed your warnings to never do a hype combo.

Think this is big band specific?
Edit: surprisingly works on double as well. Yay high damage fat ass specific combos

if it isn't then I'm sure this one is

Last edited:
Reactions: gllt and Colossi