• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Valentine Combo Thread

midscreen mids, heavies and valentine (inconsistent on her) combo.
6.7k.
First j.lk hit deals more damage than the first j.mp hit, but whiffs on almost all the lights.

I'm going to make this post in as many combo threads as I can. Please record combos with 3-4Bar, so people can see the meter gain for both parties.

Reactions: Hilary
Can someone post a Duckator esque combo I can study?

Corner val combo with copter:

Reactions: gllt
I'm gonna suggest this specifically in the Valentine thread though it really should be everywhere:
Do your combos with Meter set to 3 bars, so you can see how much meter various parts give the opponent.

@ShadeMoneh
The last chain (LPx3->c.LKx2->s.MPx2->c.MK->s.HP xx HK Bypass) gives them over half a bar of meter for 1200 total damage, whereas s.LP->s.MK(1)->s.HP xx HK Bypass gives them under a quarter bar for only 500 damage less.
The s.MPx2 after the Copter does the same thing, if you made that into s.MK(1)->s.HP you would save yourself from giving them another quarter bar or so.

The last chain (LPx3->c.LKx2->s.MPx2->c.MK->s.HP xx HK Bypass) gives them over half a bar of meter for 1200 total damage, whereas s.LP->s.MK(1)->s.HP xx HK Bypass gives them under a quarter bar for only 500 damage less.
The s.MPx2 after the Copter does the same thing, if you made that into s.MK(1)->s.HP you would save yourself from giving them another quarter bar or so.

After copter adding the st hp after st mk would put me at max undizzy, but yeah I get the idea. Definitely gonna start taking this into consideration. Thanks for the heads up!

I'll ask a mod to merge the threads once the patch goes live.

Don't know if this is a known combo or if it's even optimized but I do know that it has several baits and several reset points through out.
cr.lk,cr.mk,cr.hp,j.hp, H bypass, AD, j.hp, M bypass, cr.lk, cr.hp, j.mk, H bypass, AD, j.mp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp, s.mk, s.hp, EKG 7.23K

Nice! I'll have to post a video of mine later tonight.
c.lk>c.mk(1hit)>c.hp>j.hp>H bypass>M bypass>ground>c.lp>c.hp>j.hk>H bypass>j.mp(3hit)>j.hk>M bypass>s.lp>s.mp>c.mk>s.hp>H bypass>qcf.KK
already testified on Parasoul. working on Filia, cant get the last part after s.lp right. over 7.7K damage.
Hooray!!testified on Filia too!!! if you cant get (s.lp>s.mp>c.mk>s.hp>H bypass>qcf.KK)
use L Bypass instead of the second M bypass.;v;;;

Last edited:
Found a new heavy counter hit combo with Val. No assists, 1 meter, no poison. Breaks 9k.

c.hp
j.hp, H Bypass, air dash, j.hp, M Bypass
OTG s.lk, c.hp
j.hk, H Bypass, delay air dash, j.mk (1 hit), j.hp
j.lp, j.hk, H Bypass, air dash, j.mp
s.lp (x3), s.lk, s.mp (x2), c.mk, s.hp, H bypass, EKG

Only problem is I'm having trouble getting consistency with the air dash j.mp and comboing after the j.mp. If anyone has anything with about the same amount of damage (or more) and is more consistent, please post it.

val/squigly/filia (H updo), lvl3 green vial loaded, corner :

HCH j.hp bypass
s.lk s.mkx1 s.hp call H updo L bypass
jump L bypass
M bypass
air lvl3 green vial
jump mpx1 M bypass
j.lp L bypass
c.hp
j.lk M bypass
j.mk L bypass
s.mp L bypass
s.mk s.hp L bypass
otg
s.hk L bypass
c.lk L bypass
flatliner
SBO (LM)
tag (whiff)
dash s.lp s.mp s.hp H bypass
flatliner
fenrir drive
SBO (LM)
tag (whiff)
H bypass

14 bypasses.

Someone record that pls k thx bye.

Last edited:
Not doable.
They don't get stuck in the air because of green vial. If you hit a character with a bypass while they're at the green vial effect, they'll fall as they should. It kinda ~is~ a knockdown, so it's the same reason it doesn't work with s.hk(3).

edit: nvm, it's 7am and I forgot that a thing called corner exists

@Colossi
You know who I am and what I do.
I tested every part of it.
All this works, as juggles, due to special timings.

All I need is the proper execution to pull the whole thing, which I don't have and am not willing to work on because I don't play the char.
If you want a vid showing independantely every part of it to prove it's doable, ask and you will be served.

though I admit it's really really really hard.

edit : good. I prefer that.

Last edited:
I'm whiffing the j.mp > M bypass after the green vial
Also, I'm doing with pillar because I think it's more consistent than updo. Also because I like Parasoul more than Filia.

you don't instantly j.mp after jumping.
Vial gives you enough time to jump and start falling to hit j.mp with the first hit.

Filia is necessary though, for the DHC setup at the end. Except if you manage to get it with some parasoul DHC too.

Can we get some new videos in here please :/

I have a new 7.3/4k BnB but I still gotta get optimization down. @Fedora_Ninja dudr don't keep all good bnbs to yourself lol :) whatchu got for corner to corner or midscreen normal bnb? You too Roflcopter

@Mr. X Can you merge the Val Beta Combo Thread with this one?

copy pasting

c.lk, c.mk(1 hit), c.hp,
j.hp xx H Air Savage Bypass,
M Air Savage Bypass,
air dash, j.mp(2 hits), j.hk,
rejump, j.lp, j.mp(3 hits), j.hk, adc, j.mk, j.hk*,
dash, s.lpx3, s.mpx2, c.mk, s.hkx3 xx otg H Savage Bypass xx EKG Flatliner.

*Flew Shot instead of j.hk if you have a vial loaded

c.lk, c.mk(1 hit), c.hp,
j.hp xx H Air Savage Bypass,
air dash, j.hp xx M Air Savage Bypass,
otg c.mk, c.hp,
j.lk(1 hit), j.mp, j.hk xx H Savage Bypass*,
s.lpx3, c.lkx2, s.mpx2, c.mk, s.hp xx H Savage Bypass xx EKG Flatliner.

*Flew Shot instead of H Savage Bypass if you have a vial loaded

c.lk, c.mk, c.hp,
j.hp xx H bypass,
M bypass,
ADC j.mp(2), j.hp,
rejump, j.lp, j.hp xx H bypass,
ADC j.hk xx M bypass,
ground dash c.lp, s.lk, s.mp, s.mp, c.mk, s.hp xx H Bypass xx EKG

7473 damage. Universal.

@Mr. X Can you merge the Val Beta Combo Thread with this one?
I could. Any reason you want that instead of putting what works from here into the new thread and making that the new combo thread?

I've got this. It's just a matter of figuring out the timing for the air dash j.mk(1 hit). Which I haven't nailed down perfectly. I think it's universal.
EDIT: the timing for the j.mk can vary per character. dammit.

c.lk c.mk c.hp
j.hp xx H bypass, M bypass
air dash j.mk (1 hit), j.hp
rejump j.lp, j.hk xx H bypass
air dash j.mp (x2), j.hk
mini dash s.lp (x3), s.lk, s.mp (x2) s.mk, s.hk (x3) xx H bypass xx EKG

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuuance
I could. Any reason you want that instead of putting what works from here into the new thread and making that the new combo thread?
I can make it as soon as I have time, that will probably be on thursday night.
If any mod wants to edit the first post there and needs some reference, I have a .txt with some of my combos (not updated since january, tho).

I can make it as soon as I have time, that will probably be on thursday night.
If any mod wants to edit the first post there and needs some reference, I have a .txt with some of my combos (not updated since january, tho).
Why merge though....aren't beta combos irrelevent? i feel like the latest post was like beginning of april.

Anyways, woow nice vids guys :D I'm definitely feeling Val a LOT more now. getting those counterhit bypass combos are gonna be AMAZINGGGGG. already got a 7ker (well as well all've seen that's not too hard lol. I don't remember inputs but whatever, I'll record them later. I've 7.5k bnb but after looking at @Fedora_Ninja ....i mighttttt be able to combine some of hiis and mine together for maaaaaaybe a 7.7k that isn't as "pokey" as Ducks. Gotta be honest...not a fan of that stray j.hk. Ascetically just gets on my nerves for some reason

Anyways if i can't come up with something "easier" to execute for same damage and other stuff...I might just compile what's here into one video. Think we could make some heavy-specific combos that do more damage? just curious.

All we need now are combos optimized for....

Air Throw
Ground Throw
M/H Bypass (air) counterhit

Corner?* (are Caio's optimized? Looked pretty good)

Last edited:
Why merge though....aren't beta combos irrelevent? i feel like the latest post was like beginning of april.

Anyways, woow nice vids guys :D I'm definitely feeling Val a LOT more now. getting those counterhit bypass combos are gonna be AMAZINGGGGG. already got a 7ker (well as well all've seen that's not too hard lol. I don't remember inputs but whatever, I'll record them later. I've 7.5k bnb but after looking at @Fedora_Ninja ....i mighttttt be able to combine some of hiis and mine together for maaaaaaybe a 7.7k that isn't as "pokey" as Ducks. Gotta be honest...not a fan of that stray j.hk. Ascetically just gets on my nerves for some reason

Anyways if i can't come up with something "easier" to execute for same damage and other stuff...I might just compile what's here into one video. Think we could make some heavy-specific combos that do more damage? just curious.

All we need now are combos optimized for....

Air Throw
Ground Throw
M/H Bypass (air) counterhit

Corner?* (are Caio's optimized? Looked pretty good)
I think having a combo off of a j.hk would be good too, seeing how good a tool it is in neutral (and the new bypass lets you do a full combo off of it now too)

Reactions: Nuuance
First post is from April 2013. I thought it would be a good idea just to have a cleaned up combo thread or someone make a compendium for easy reference with the bnb combos in it like Big Band forums have.

We need some HCH combos. The 9k one I posted isn't very universal and inconsistent to pull off.

Edit: here's am easier, more consistent one that does about the same damage

Last edited: