• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Valentine Combo Thread

i used it before, and i believe there is a eu player who uses it (sillyolddragon) but if i was you, i'd put para in the team for the dp assist. valentine really shines with a dp because she can easily get confirms off it at almost any situation.
Hm, I might just learn Parasoul then, I kind of learned Squigly, but I feel like Parasoul is better off on my team than Squigly is and I enjoy playing Parasoul too.

Any videos of the EU player, though?

So, as I was trying to do the backdash airdash J.HK thing I looked at JDbbx's combo and varied it a little so it would work like this here.
Awesome! This is my go-to vial using corner combo since it's very easy with nearly any assist (though it won't work at all without a vial loaded)

As for the Vial > sLP or cLP link, if I remember correctly it's a 3f link so it's tightish but very much do-able, you just need the timing. Once you get a feel for it you'll never drop it again and it's a useful link to have when you want an OTGless extra ground chain in the corner

Awesome! This is my go-to vial using corner combo since it's very easy with nearly any assist (though it won't work at all without a vial loaded)

As for the Vial > sLP or cLP link, if I remember correctly it's a 3f link so it's tightish but very much do-able, you just need the timing. Once you get a feel for it you'll never drop it again and it's a useful link to have when you want an OTGless extra ground chain in the corner
3 frames? That's nice to know, although it doesn't feel like a very hard link to master, are there any other links in the game with less frames?

Here are some midscreen M Bomber vial load combos:

This is a thing and I'm too lazy to test if it's universal. If someone wants to, please test for all characters.

Countervenom
j.hk, M bypass
j.hk (2nd hit only), H bypass
ad j.mk j.hk
rejump j.lp j.hk h bypass
ad j.mp
s.lp (x3) s.mp (x2) s.mk s.hk(x3) H bypass

Reactions: tossle and Bleediss
This is a thing and I'm too lazy to test if it's universal. If someone wants to, please test for all characters.

Countervenom
j.hk, M bypass
j.hk (2nd hit only), H bypass
ad j.mk j.hk
rejump j.lp j.hk h bypass
ad j.mp
s.lp (x3) s.mp (x2) s.mk s.hk(x3) H bypass
This is really useful, thank you.

Another green vial combo, this time with Countervenom:

Reactions: tossle
So are the combos in the OP still up to date as the most powerful vialess combos Val has?

So are the combos in the OP still up to date as the most powerful vialess combos Val has?
I'm not super knowledgeable on val but at a glance they don't seem to be. I think the most damaging combos use air bypass in some way.

I'd just use the BnB in the BnB compendium. That one has a nice balance of corner carry and damage and can be easily modified for a vial.

If you want max damage midscreen without vial then I use the Duckator combo posted by Scott Whale. Technically Receita's combo does more but there's next to no difference in damage and his uses OTG.

Reactions: MegaMix
I'd just use the BnB in the BnB compendium. That one has a nice balance of corner carry and damage and can be easily modified for a vial.

If you want max damage midscreen without vial then I use the Duckator combo posted by Scott Whale. Technically Receita's combo does more but there's next to no difference in damage and his uses OTG.
colossi had a more damaging one but it was too specific and it had some hard links. i'll try to find it

Reactions: MegaMix

I'm using Search Bar and can't find this. Could you link it to me please?

I have a question about why the launcher for these is always c.lk c.mk. c.hp. Can't you do c.lk s.mk c.hp? It still combos, you cancel the kick after 1 hit anyways but this way it does 50 more damage and is safer on block. What am I missing here?

I have a question about why the launcher for these is always c.lk c.mk. c.hp. Can't you do c.lk s.mk c.hp? It still combos, you cancel the kick after 1 hit anyways but this way it does 50 more damage and is safer on block. What am I missing here?
It's not a low, but s.mk is fine if you wanna do that, it's pretty good when the opponent is in the air.

If your MK gets blocked then you have to decide between letting it roll (which leaves the chance of a PBGC punish) and cancelling into either HP or HKx3 or L Bypass both of which aren't great on block. cr.MK is a low, is easily hit-confirmable and you only lose 50 damage as you said. If you know that it will combo (e.g. you laned a jump in, allowing you to hit-confirm your cr.LK) then sure, go for it but in general I think cr.MK is a better choice.

I made this in June but I guess I didn't post it over here.
Starts at the :50 mark cuz fuck editing.

Continuing to believe in green vial.

Was screwing around with Countervenom in the corner and almost managed to TOD with 3 bars, and it might actually be able to if optimized correctly. Suggestions for optimization are welcome.

Counter venom is automatically lvl 3
You can probably get in a vial by letting them fly before hitting them after the counter
A train scales the combo a bit, so do c.hp or even s.hp before it
Your opponent blue bounced in the last string which means they can tech

Counter venom is automatically lvl 3
You can probably get in a vial by letting them fly before hitting them after the counter
A train scales the combo a bit, so do c.hp or even s.hp before it
Your opponent blue bounced in the last string which means they can tech
Thanks for the advice, it's now a TOD (and I'll make sure to keep ground teching on for the future).
Actual combo starts at 0:08 and the windows error sound is from the video itself.

Sequence:
Countervenom (hold up to ensure jump occurs as soon as possible)
j.HP, j.HK, H Bypass (Floor Bounce will occur here)
s.HK (3 hits), M A-Train Assist (call A-Train halfway between 2nd and 3rd hits of s.HK)
L Vial Hazard, c.HP**
j.MP (5 hits)**, j.HP, Flew Shot (the stronger the better, L works on Big Band)
s.LP (3 hits), c.LK (2 hits), s.MP (2 hits), c.MK (2 hits), s.HP, H Bypass, EKG

** = Insert a very slight delay before the next action (the video itself doesn't account for this as much as it could, you can delay for a couple frames to make the final air-to-ground links much easier to hit)

UPDATE: After a bit of testing I have confirmed that this setup is universal, though during the final string you will need to omit the c.LK/s.LK on the following characters:
-Cerebella
-Filia
-Fukua
-Ms. Fortune
-Painwheel
-Peacock
-Squigly
-Valentine
AKA the Light-weights and the smaller falling hitboxes.

Last edited:
Impractical but this is a thing.

Didn't realize lvl3 is the only thing that combos from c.mp anti airing Squigs j.hp from max range. At closer ranges EKG and Scalpels work too.

Here are a couple Val + M Bomber HCH combos:

I really had fun making this ╹‿╹)~<3

Gonna go ahead and post this here just in case a peep can
learn something from this because I don't about you, But
I had no idea you could do her "J's -> J.HP" aerial combo mid-range or
anywhere else besides the corner before making this lolz ◠‿◠)

Val + Butcher's blade midscreen combo:

Reactions: Notkastar
Val + Butcher's blade midscreen combo:
Wow, pretty neat stuff dood ◠‿◠)
Especially like the way you kept the combo going with
Eliza and somehow got a vial charge in the middle of it too! ╹‿╹)

A quick combo I made. Its a mix of two mini combos I had, and when I realized they worked together that was that.

lp, mp, mk, c. hp
j. mp, j. hk, (Air) HK Savage Bypass, (Air) EKG Flatliner
Technically you can also do 2 Savage Bypasses but meh. Its pretty beginner but I'm a beginner lol.

Try not to use multi-hit moves early on, due to scaling it results in your combo doing very little damage and gives the opponent lots of meter. You want to use lots of big, single hit damaging normals at the start and save multi-hits for late in the combo.

Here's a similar combo to yours without the multi-hits and a couple extra moves:
cr.LK, cr.MK, cr.HP
j.HP, j.HK, H Bypass
M Bypass, EKG Flatliner

That will do 5265 damage compared to your 3473 damage.

Here's a 1 reset kill setup I came up with for my team. It requires 3 meters and one vial at the start (you build the final bar for Car btw, I didn't show it here though).

Last edited:
Here's an anti-Squigly level 3 route with a sacrificial assist.

More Val + M Bomber stuff:

More Val + M Bomber stuff:

ok so im not sure if anyone found this yet but i thought it was a pretty sick cross up

Just leaving these here.

For when you get a sick read on squigly j.hp

The relaunch isn't big band specific, but easiest and most consistent on Big Band cuz he fat