• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What is your main team? Why?

What's your main team?

• Total voters
Filia/Peacock is my current team. I've found that George's Day Out as an assist applies so much slow pressure on the opponent's blocking that I can make unsafe approaches on Filia or actually bait them into being smacked by George when they try to combo me.

I have a Solobella on the side because Cerebella is too much fun.

Eliza and Umbrella are adorable so I'd love to play them at some point, though I don't think my Filia/Peacock team will add a character. I like it too much as it is.

Currently going with Peacock/Painwheel but it isn't quite playing how I want.

Thinking of switching to Big Band/Painwheel or Peacock/Big Band

I play a rotation team of Val/Squig/Peacock. I feel safer with a team of two so I use these 3 as a base for a duo squad.

I'm currently running solo Bella, but am looking forward to running the brutal tag team of Beowulf/Bella. I also dabble with Valentine and will occasionally run solo Val or Val/Bella. Mostly just becoming extra familiar with the character to help a friend out so I probably won't keep her long.

Right now I always have my main team as Squigly, Ms. Fortune and Double, though sometimes Filia will replace Double.

When Beowulf comes out, I definitely will be using him on my new true main team. I also might replace Fortune with Robo. I also love Eliza (though I'm not crazy for her as of now). So it might end up something like this:

Beowulf/Squigly/Robo Fortune

I hate being indecisive < . >

Filia and Peacock. Used to be Ms. Fortune and Peacock, but Filia was easier for me to play as.

Also Peacock is a zoning and trolling badass.

I might use Big Band as well when he comes out, but I need to see how he plays first.

Squigly/Valentine mainly. I like to team-up Squigly/Cerebella and Valentine/Cerebella too.

Solobella.
Why would I ever want to play another character, when this one is so awesome, her playstyle and, mostly, her animation? (also, but it is only a minor reason : OMG THE DAMAGE!!!)
First one who says "because assists makes the game easier" will get mentally slapped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beuzer0
solobella.
why would I ever want to play another character, when this one is so awesome, her playstyle and, mostly, her animation? (also, but it is only a minor reason : OMG THE DAMAGE!!!)
first one who says "because assists makes the game easier" will get mentally slapped.
people like you are why I have to cry myself to sleep at night
(cause i'm shit against solobella).

I was a Solo Bella player but I just sucked too much ass so I threw in Filia as point and it started working. Haven't switched to anything else since then.

Parasoul/Cerebella/Double

Put double on point vs point Fortune and Peacock

X/Double

I think I'm gonna cut Painwheel. Val/X/Double for countering Peacocks.

I play too many teams. I play every character except for squigly, PW, and big band. I should probably focus. My best is para/double but trying to add Bella 3rd. I still perform better with the duo usually

Cerebella, Double*, and Valentine in that order.

I've mess around with the order but I seem to be more organize this way.
I do better 1v1 with Cerebella so I always put here on point and I rarely use meter unless I need to really kill my opponent with meter. Depending on how bad or good with Cerebella, this will let me determine if I need to burn meter or conserve with Double. I would prefer to have 3-5 meter with Valentine for comeback purposes. That's reason why I prefer Valentine last.

* This decision isn't final until I try Eliza, Beowulf, and Robocat.

Cerebella, Double*, and Valentine in that order.

I've mess around with the order but I seem to be more organize this way.
I do better 1v1 with Cerebella so I always put here on point and I rarely use meter unless I need to really kill my opponent with meter. Depending on how bad or good with Cerebella, this will let me determine if I need to burn meter or conserve with Double. I would prefer to have 3-5 meter with Valentine for comeback purposes. That's reason why I prefer Valentine last.

* This decision isn't final until I try Eliza, Beowulf, and Robocat.
just put val first dude.

Fillia and Fortune, with either Peacock or Parasoul.

Fillia goes first if I'm feeling tryhard, Fortune if I'm being more casual and want to practice. Third character (which may also go second or third in team order) I pick kinda depending on the match up or just how I'm feeling about them.

I have been playing Val, Fortune, Squigly and Val, Fortune, Painwheel more often in Ranked as of recently, but solo-Val is still my favorite. It is certainly not better tier wise, but I feel I simply play best with solo-Val, and it is the most fun for me to play.

Parasoul/painwheel/double or painwheel/parasoul/double

If Eliza is good i will probably be dropping someone from the team to pick her up.

The team is designed primarily to take advantage of invincible reversal into safe on block dhc, but has crazy synergy outside of that as well. Best team ive used by far.

Peacock/Parasoul
Peacock is funny and Parasoul looks/fights cool.
... Yeah that's about that.

Big Band and Peacock cause Q and zoning is fun.
I love both of them character wise too, and the fact that they would logically team up storywise is just swell too.

And bigcockss

Val/para/bella because I didn't want to play team duckator. I am thinking of switching to Para/squig/band

I've been playing a Squigly/Double team but still need to properly learn Double.

I play Peacock and Double, mostly for the assist to help out the former.

I love using Big Band and Squigly together. Squigly's pull and grab assist makes sure people don't get too far away from me when i have big band in, and big band's brass knuckle punch is good for getting people out of my face when im playing squigly. And I have Ms. Fortune as my third to sort of balance everything out.

BigSoul

big Band / Parasoul, love this team cause of their utility and how easy/good their DHC is together.....delicious, the only thing i have a problem with is solid keep away (aka peacock with some armored/invicible assist)

Valentine - because I liked how she looked when I was looking at Alex Ahad's DA way before she was announced, Fillia- because I thought she was cute, double- because she compliments the other two too well.

Peacock because zoning is fun and she is silly.
Bella or Big Band for dumb armor assists.

Only because I'm too lazy to learn a character with a better DP assist.

I've been playing a Squigly/Double team but still need to properly learn Double.

Learning Double properly is entirely unnecessary. All you need to know is how to call Double Butt.

Back in the day when I was active on vanilla console SG, I was switching between solo Parasoul and Para/Double..Parasoul is a fun character and I love how she can backdafuqup if she has to very well rounded, and I love to zone. Double might get dropped for Squiggly cause from everything I've seen on her from match videos and tuts, we gon get along just fine

Right now I'm using Squig Band, but I'm pretty hype for all the upcoming characters too. We'll see how that goes.

Squigly just feels like she was designed for me, both in terms of gameplay (Fuckin' stance characters, man) and the way she looks. She's one of my favorite fightgame characters of all time because dammit she fits me SO PERFECTLY

With Big Band, it's partly because he and Squigly work pretty well together and partly because I just like how it feels to play him. He's kinda clunky, but it's a good clunky.

2yjo712.png

also they have matching palettes

Last edited:
Right now I'm using Squig Band, but I'm pretty hype for all the upcoming characters too. We'll see how that goes.

Squigly just feels like she was designed for me, both in terms of gameplay (Fuckin' stance characters, man) and the way she looks. She's one of my favorite fightgame characters of all time because dammit she fits me SO PERFECTLY

With Big Band, it's partly because he and Squigly work pretty well together and partly because I just like how it feels to play him. He's kinda clunky, but it's a good clunky.

2yjo712.png

also they have matching palettes
Color coordination does 10% more damage yo.

Reactions: Muro
Valentine (QCF HK), Squigly (QCF HP), Painwheel (2,2HK) is my team if I go for 3 man (V and P for 2).

Gives me a great combination of rushdown, zoning, and heavy hitting that I can snap to on command :)

Learning Double properly is entirely unnecessary. All you need to know is how to call Double Butt.

lol then I'm playing the right way. xD

Valentine (H Savage Bypass)
Cerebella (Cerecopter)
Parasoul (M Napalm Shot)

Val is up first for reckless rushdown tactics, but if the opponent is too good I fall back onto Cerebella and play more defensively and wait for openings. If that fails, Parasoul plays keep away for the rest of the match.

EDIT: I realized I already posted but completely forgot about it. X(

Anyway yeah, trying to get better with Big Band so I can team him up with Peacock.

I'll still use Fillia from time to time though.

Last edited:
My team has changed a lot since launch. Right now I'm rocking team zoning with Peacock on point, BB with H Brass Knuckles, and Double with H Hornet Bomber.

My first team was Val/Double, then it was Peacock/Double, and now we have the team above. I kinda wanna drop Peacock and Double and pick up Val again one day though. Zoning is fun, but up-yer-butt rushdown is even better.

I can play with whatever team I feel like playing. But the hardest character for me to play was Parasoul soo I have played as her least.

But as it says under my profile, I usually go with MS.Fortune, Squigly and Painwheel.

Ms. Fortune:- She has lots of variaty on her combos. You can have some with her head on, and even more when her head is removed. She is overall fun to play with. And after the patch, she was a bit different. But now I'm more used to it.

Squgly:- Newest one for me, but I already liked her on my first battle with her. And she doesn't dissapoint me.
Peacock usually was on this spot. But after the patch, some of peacocks moves has been changed. And I'm not fully used to it yet, mostely becous of I play squigly more then her now.

Painwheel:- I don't really understand why I like her much. Must be becous her moves are satisfying. Also her :HP: is REALLY satisfying then the enemy attacks but doesn't affect me, then gets a PUNiCHment :PUN:

Big band I must get better with. I really like him to :)