• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What move do you always accidentally use?

same thing as sev and spacecadet. that's why i stopped doing c.lk to b.hk i need to use it but napalm toss happens

I've accidentally been throwing Lenny out recently.

My life is one long input error. I'm one of those guys who gets fingers tangled over everything, because I've got hand issues. Also because I'm bad, and buffer a lot of weird directions during combos or moves that nobody should be doing to begin with.

Here's an average day in the life:

Parasoul f+LP overhead when just trying to do regular LP. Napalm Tears when trying to do b+HK in strings.
Cerebella Run-stop when trying to do anything involving c.LK or j.LK. Diamond Deflector when trying to dash-up Diamond Drop or dash-up 360.
Eliza's Butcher's Blade when trying to pull back Sekhmet.
Valentine's Orange Vial Load when trying to do anything into launcher. HBypass when doing airdash j.HK.
Peacock's s.HK when trying to airplane, even just raw.
Filia MK Airball when I should be doing HK Airball. j.HK when I should be doing j.HP.
Painwheel s.HK when trying to do c.HK, Seriously why?
Squigly MK divekick instead of gravedigger. HK instead of HP in combos.
Double jb.HK instead of flesh step. Barrel drop instead of j.MK.
Fortune j.MK instead of j.MP. Zoom instead of omnoms.

Raw tag when trying to snapback during a combo.
Randomly super when trying to raw tag.
Dash when trying to super.

That's just off the top of my head. Not a single match goes by without some huge input blunder in it somewhere.

Sometimes when going from crouch to a forward dash i get a qcf+PP super, all of my rage

Reactions: fenster
I tend to do forward, half-circle-forward for DPs instead of the regular forward, quarter-circle-forward motion, but if the character i'm using has a move assigned to the quarter-circle-forward motion the game gives priority to that one; for example, forward, half-circle-forward + P with Filia throws a Ringlet Spike when what i wanted to do was an Updo and obviously i get punished for it every time...

i'm pretty sure there is a logical reason for this to happen but it's still very frustrating to me.

Napal shot when i'm trying to s.LP after a blockstring. I literally cannot seem to keep myself from presing foward as i do it.
And i suppose ANYTHING with Painwheel. You will cringe seeing me with her.

Last edited:
A common one would be getting c. HP when I'm trying to do upper khat with Eliza
Also getting Fleshstep when I mean to Cilia Slide with Double. How that one happens is beyond me

edit: Oh yeah and getting Sekhmet when I mean to do level 3. That happens an awful lot

Last edited:
Jump following Omnom (still do the move at least), cHK instead of HK when I'm trying to restand after scratch → scratch → slide. Occasionally Loch n Load screws up my Bella combo, but that's rarer.

Charging pillar for 40 years only to have j.HK come out when I press up. RIP my Parasoul ;;7
I think pressing kick THEN jumping is a good way to advoid that. If you do it before the c.HK startup is finished, you get pillar.

Edit:Actually, that works on most down-up charge attacks agross most games, i disccovered.

I am in a constant battle to not do 360s with Cerebella. This Foehammer has a really weird feeling stick compared to my previous TEs and I haven't gotten the hang of it. I keep going for Diamond Drops after block strings and the extra motion of transitioning from back gives me the 360.

Make them stop ;_;

Showstopper when trying to do any other command grab. Excellabella when trying to go for dash -> diamond drop (I've been fixing this by just doing merry go rilla whenever I feel the urge to dash into diamond drop.)

Excellabella when trying to go for dash -> diamond drop (I've been fixing this by just doing merry go rilla whenever I feel the urge to dash into diamond drop.)
Have you tried inputting Diamond Drop as :HCF: + wow we don't have an emote for throw I would have thought we did. :HCF: + :LP: + :LK: I guess.

Have you tried inputting Diamond Drop as :HCF: + wow we don't have an emote for throw I would have thought we did. :HCF: + :LP: + :LK: I guess.
that's the exact reason why I get 360 instead of diamond drop all the time...

I always accidentally use the move that makes me win 0.0
(ringlet spire instead of shoryuken)

Moving the mouse and clicking on Skullgirls is a pretty bad move imo.
jk
that's the exact reason why I get 360 instead of diamond drop all the time...
Shouldn't you be going for MGR to get 360? I mean, can you do 360 in both directions and still get it?

Shouldn't you be going for MGR to get 360? I mean, can you do 360 in both directions and still get it?
the reason I get 360 is that I start with down back, do qcf, press lp+lk macro, diamond drop starts coming out, my thumb goes up forward because I tend to keep the movement going a bit, I release lp+lk, 360 cancels diamond drop startup and comes out with negative edge.

Like Dragonos said, that results in even more accidental 360s from me :( That's just poor execution though. I should probably practice dash into half circle diamond drop more, but I've been doing mgr instead since it's basically the same thing (most of the time,) but with less risk for bad inputs on my part

dash c.mp mgr is love.

Squiglys draugen punch comes out for me sometimes when i'm going for a confirm with cremation off a wallbounce/dhc etc generally when i have to dash into it to catch them.

I don't why, but before I played Valentine and watched people play her I always thought Savage Bypass was QCB-K. And I just end up noobing out a kick. Maybe it's my thought process of "Long, quick almost full-screen moves are QCB-K. (tatsumaki)

iirc only Filia has a tatsumaki.

I get a lot of fridges now when I try to jump back j.hk at the beginning of the round as double.

Reactions: dMags
Raw Tagging,
I can't tell you how many times I was doing a pretty decent combo with Squigly to only mess it up with an accidental tag in ~_~

Trying to do a manual cancel and calling an assist. Ok, I didn't wanted to do that combo in the first place...

For now, I keep using Robo-Fortune's c.HK when it's not useful in its current state.

After not playing for awhile, I am rusty with the OMB, and I always accidentally use his C.MPx2 and try to combo it into S.MKx2, which it does not do.

Sometimes instead of jumping,I end up doing Napalm Shot.It hurts to know I can ruin an air combo like that.

I get accident Pillars all the time, most times when I'm down-backing and calling assist and I jump right after which is annoying. I also get random nalpam shots when I'm holding back and want to dash and use j.LP which is even more annoying.