• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Who do you think DLC characters 3 and 4 will be?

I'd personally like to see a new fandom-wide poll of character popularity that isn't attached to any "reward" (i.e. not a poll where the winner would get made or whatever). The IGG character votes I think were very distorted due to all the strategic voting and just generally votes from people who barely even play the game. Would be interesting to see how popular characters actually are among players by platform (2E or SGM) and demographic.
I can see that happening. By the way, how popular are characters such as Feng, Panzerfaust, and Aeon are right now compared to Minette?

Reactions: Holy Goose
I can see that happening. By the way, how popular are characters such as Feng, Panzerfaust, and Aeon are right now compared to Minette?
Minette is definitely still the most popular of that group.
I think Feng would be the most popular after Minette (with Marie the most popular current NPC).

After that, I am not really sure. Like I said above, all the really popular IGG characters are already playable, so it's difficult for me say for the rest. Brain Drain is likely the most popular remaining male character, outdoing Panzerfaust, Adam, Isaac, Stanley and the rest. Also, Brain Drain is certainly the most plot important male character who is currently a potential addition to the roster.

Aeon might still rank high in a popularity contest, but I think a lot of her backing in the polls was because of her proposed gameplay sounded amazingly crazy. I could see Venus beating her in just raw popularity, though, along with some others like Mrs. Victoria, Molly (thanks to the Twitter account), Scythana and the aforementioned Minette and Feng.

You gotta also take into account that popularity based on characters people want to draw and characters people want to play can be pretty different.
Minette might be the best example. I still don't exactly understand her proposed playstyle.
But she's cute and charming, and people like to draw her. But I'm not sure if any of them would actually like her to be playable. Because her supposed gimmick really is strange.

Stanley, on the other hand...

Minette might be the best example. I still don't exactly understand her proposed playstyle.
But she's cute and charming, and people like to draw her. But I'm not sure if any of them would actually like her to be playable. Because her supposed gimmick really is strange.

Her gimmick in the IGG sheet is basically Frank West from UMvC3. Start out weak, gain levels as you fight, moves get stronger. Nothing strange about that. She'd be simpler than Umbrella.

That's basically me. I like her as an NPC but I don't have any interest in her as a playable character the way she was proposed, although not because I think it's strange. I just don't like it lol.

Reactions: Holy Goose
I thought Minette was supposed to play like Dan Hibiki

I thought Minette was supposed to play like Dan Hibiki
One of her inspirations is Dan but I think it's more of a visual/thematic inspiration than gameplay. Like, seemingly a joke character but can be competent if they put their mind to it.

Also mod stuff: I moved this conversation to the appropriate thread lol

Yeah, Marie is a perfect choice from almost every point of view.
Can't wait to find out more about her playable incarnation.

Reactions: Caleb