• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Who's the strongest?

WaterMystic277

Anime Fucker
Reaction score
Squigly Cerebella
Since I made a in-game match up thread, I might as well make one up to debate which character might be stronger storyline wise. Keeping that in mind, only character we know the properties of.

My honest to goodness top tier in story might be Squigly, Double, Painwheel and Peacock.

Reactions: David Squigly
Double has the honor of dethroning Marie as the final boss in Squigly's storyline, with Squigly having to team up with Filia to beat her, so that's worth taking into consideration.

However, Squigly did just get done fighting Marie, so it could be argued that Double was just taking advantage of a vulnerable target at that point.

Double has the honor of dethroning Marie as the final boss in Squigly's storyline, with Squigly having to team up with Filia to beat her, so that's worth taking into consideration.

However, Squigly did just get done fighting Marie, so it could be argued that Double was just taking advantage of a vulnerable target at that point.

I would assume so, plus I figure Squigly's power is drawn from the Skullheart, since she is one of the minions, so she could of also exerted it's power as well.

In actual abilities, Squigly has quite a scary arsenal, one I would put on par with Peacock's actually.
Spatial manipulation, being undead and the potential to go above and beyond, a parasite that's in perfect sync with her, who is quite skilled at manipulating fire and potentially CENTURIES of fighting experience.

That being said, that particular fight where a team of two parasite/host duos is needed to defeat her is the only situation (outside of her own story mode) when Double fights with the clear intent of winning.

In all story modes where she's a sub-boss, her aim is to simply test whether her opponent is a worthy "candidate". As opposed to other characters who are beaten and bruised after being defeated, Double's always tidy, calm, occasionally smiling and just goes "you're cool, go downstairs", which just about shows how casually she treated the confrontation.

Given how she's been around the Skullheart for a long time if not from the very beginning, the years-of-experience thing also plays a role here.

That being said, that particular fight where a team of two parasite/host duos is needed to defeat her is the only situation (outside of her own story mode) when Double fights with the clear intent of winning.

In all story modes where she's a sub-boss, her aim is to simply test whether her opponent is a worthy "candidate". As opposed to other characters who are beaten and bruised after being defeated, Double's always tidy, calm, occasionally smiling and just goes "you're cool, go downstairs", which just about shows how casually she treated the confrontation.

Given how she's been around the Skullheart for a long time if not from the very beginning, the years-of-experience thing also plays a role here.

Plus you know, agent of the trinity and all that shit, I really like the theory tho that she's as strong as all of the cast combined.
Wit the years of experience tho, I would honestly put her as less then the parasites, since Leviathan and Samson have stated they have existed before the skullheart and we don't know how long Double's been around exactly, definately as long as the skullheart at least though.

She's still a HUGE threat none the less, Shapeshfiting is a dangerous tool and Squigly's story mode shows it's just not for fighting purposes either.

Reactions: Denizen
Determining who in the lore is the most powerful combat-wise character is a difficult thing given how not only strength =/= net power, in the end it isn't a single slider between no power and 100% power. How good each character is depends on a number of attributes, which for the sake of an example I'll simplify to just 4:
  • Strength (how hard you punch)
  • Defense (both avoiding and absorbing damage)
  • Agility (how quickly you're able to deliver your attacks)
  • Skill (how aptly you are able to use the above 3 attributes to your advantage)
That being said, let's consider the Skullgirl. She's quite likely the most powerful character in the proper game strength-wise (an opinion I'll hold until I see another char snap and throw a multi-storey building) + her Skullheart-enhanced body can absorb more damage than anyone else. But then, she hardly avoids attacks and doesn't seem to be able to block them at all.

This is caused by/goes in pair with her greatest weakness, namely that she was but a young slave maid before becoming the Skullgirl. Without any formal training and using rage as a substitute for experience, her low skill stat allows a single fighter in various story modes to find enough openings to defeat her in mortal combat, even though objectively she most probably hits the hardest of 'em all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lavama
Annie. Annie is the strongest.

On a completely serious note, Alex said that Annie and Double have fought each other into complete stalemate throughout the centuries, so I guess you could say those two are two of the most powerful entities in the Skullgirls universe.

Reactions: DDB
On a completely serious note, Alex said that Annie and Double have fought each other into complete stalemate throughout the centuries, so I guess you could say those two are two of the most powerful entities in the Skullgirls universe.
Next to the goddesses of course.

But still, that's amazing and I think proves how powerful Double is.

And how powerful Annie is.

PW carries in her not one but two parasites + the Skullgirl's blood, is literally a weapon, was made by the most intelligent guy in the SG universe, and has strong enough of a personality to break free from the control of said most intelligent guy.

She's pretty shaky and inexperienced at the time of the SG story, but I'm pretty sure that she carries the greatest 'potential'.

The fact that over the years Annie managed to kill countless Skullgirls but not Double suggests that the latter is either more powerful than a Skullgirl or harder to wipe out at the very least. That being said, I doubt what happened to Double at the end of Squigly's story was more than a temporary setback.

Annie also never manages to permanently destroy the Skullheart, which might mean it and Double come with a build in respawn feature and that they can only be erased by yet to be found unconventional means.

PW (...) was made by the most intelligent guy in the SG universe
Was it ever said that Brain Drain is more intelligent than Avian and Geiger?

Was it ever said that Brain Drain is more intelligent than Avian and Geiger?
Yeah, Alex said that somewhere.

Dunno how canon it really is since it was iirc some quick Salty answer (going through the Streamchat and then saying "Umm.. 'Who is the most intelligent guy in the SG universe?'.. That's Brain Drain").

So it seems current pecking order is

Annie and Double

Marie

Possibly Squigly and Leviathan.

Cases can be made for the other girls, but it's a bit difficult to peg it at all.

Painwheel is driven and does have a ton of potential, but perhaps her anger is keeping her back.

Filia has Samson, but isn't really into fighting so much as making friends and discovering who she is, so she can't embrace her potential yet.

Ms. Fortune has the life Gem, but apparently crushing can negate that (or if Vice Versa is some special item or something, I won't pretend I'm not salty about that). Also her abilities add for variety alongside her speed and rapidity, but she lacks firepower and strength other girls have. As shown in Cerebella's end, and even her own, when it comes to the Medici, Ms. Fortune is as driven as Peacock and Marie, which could make her lose focus.

Cerebella has raw strength and decent speed and is loyal. The latter may not sound relevant at first, but with a good cause it can drive her without clouding her judgment as much as being angry. That and her talent with grappling makes her formidable.

Last one from my view for now is Parasoul. She probably has the best technique of the girls (tied with Valentine) and has a large arsenal to make up for her lack of innate power. This backed up by her Egrets and Krieg makes her a credible threat, but she may not have the most power of her own, but power as in influence.

You might wanna rank The Trinity above Annie and Double. Seeing as they're Goddesses and whatnot.

well dumb question, but I know Annie doesn't age, but does that technically mean she cant really die right? If that's even remotely the case I'd say Annie if not right under neath the trinity could be on the same level no? I don't really know 100% specs retaining to Annie's life span and powers so she could be a lot stronger then we know about, just saying.

Oh, okay then.

Also worth taking into account is Double's statement in her own story mode that Peacock is the greatest threat to their plans, refusing to comply with Marie's order to spare her while attacking Lab 8.

You're all fooling yourself, it's obviously Beowulf. His is the chair that will smash through the Heavens!!!

In all seriousness I'd have to say that Peacock is a good contender for the strongest. I mean she was designed to be a one man army to destroy an undead army. No other character has the amount of firepower that she has.
Beam weaponry, walking explosives, endless knives, and a group of powerful cronies. That's not even taking into account her teleportation, spacial manipulation, and reality bending abilities. If I had to fight anyone in the Skullgirls universe, Peacock would be the person that I'd be most afraid of.

I think Double is right next to Peacock in terms of power. Double seems incredibly difficult to kill, which may explain why she and Annie seem to fight into a stalemate so many times. All of Double's shapeshifting abilities also make her crazy strong and unpredictable. Honestly, while most of the parasites and Living Weapon users are powerful, I don't think they really compare to Peacock and Double's abilities.

I don't know much about Annie, but I do know that Eternal Youth ≠ Immortality ≠ Invincibility. Annie is forever a child who will live forever. That doesn't mean that she can't be killed and that doesn't automatically make her super powerful. The fact that she killed loads of Skullgirls is admirable though.

However, I think it's important to remember that just being a Skullgirl doesn't make you super powerful.
Not all Skullgirls are equal, it took a small group of the Medici Mafia to bring down Selene with a few casualties.
It took the combined force of 3 armies to defeat Nancy who devastated several kingdoms.

Still, I'm not going to underestimate Beowulf. I shudder to think what that mere mortal is capable of.

Last edited:
Reactions: CapnWTF
Still, I'm not going to underestimate Beowulf. I shudder to think what that mere mortal is capable of.
Probably getting screwed by Vince in Montreal.

Reactions: SanoBaron
I'm trying really hard not to be biased like WaterMystic, but I'm failing.

Just like her I want my favorite character to be the strongest, I admit it.
Probably getting screwed by Vince in Montreal.
More like your mom.
Oooooooohhhhhhhh!!!

I think Cerebella gets underrated in canon. She has the best feat in the game, holding two elephants while walking a tightrope in her opening. Elephants can weigh up to 4 tons, so she was holding at most 8 tons, at least 1000 pounds (baby elephants are around 500 pounds apiece, but they weren't babies since they had tusks). Even not taking into consideration that Cerebella's body withstood the weight and that she did it while walking a tightrope (showing ridiculous levels of durability and agility), that's majorly impressive.

Also, in the fight with Fortune, she could only deal actual damage when Fortune threatened to never stop attacking her family. And then consider that she captured Fortune with ease and did so by "catching" her and not hitting her adds to that. Her loss against Peacock could very well have been due to the fact that Peacock was a child and, being pure of heart and unwilling to injure her opponents, she didn't actually fight Peacock.

Not saying she's the strongest, but I'm pretty sure she's second only to divine characters and those with abilities that prevent them from being actually injured (though killing someone who was immortal, Fortune, says she can find work arounds). I'm not even totally sure Double could win. It was pointed out that Double only tested each of the people who came for the Skullheart, but then it could also be said that Cerebella fought Double, beat Marie, and then caught and killed Fortune without exerting any effort.

More like your mom.
Oooooooohhhhhhhh!!!
Some would would say I screwed Bret Hart Beowulf. Bret Hart Beowulf would definitely tell you I screwed him. I look at it from a different standpoint. I look at it from the standpoint of: the referee did not screw Bret Hart Beowulf, Shawn Michaels Cerebella certainly did not screw Bret Hart Beowulf, nor did Vince McMahon Venus Lovelace screw Bret Hart Beowulf. I truly believe that Bret Hart Beowulf screwed Bret Hart Beowulf. And he can look in the mirror and know that.

well dumb question, but I know Annie doesn't age, but does that technically mean she cant really die right?
There are already organisms on Earth that have biological immortality, as in are able to live endlessly without dying of age, but that doesn't mean they can't be squished, burned or chopped into pieces.

Cerebella's super stronk, but that's pretty much all she's got. I mean Superman wouldn't be much of a threat if he lost all of his other abilities would he? I'm sure some comic book nerd will try to correct me on that.
Plus I think that Ms. Fortune is also one of the weakest members of the cast, so I'm not impressed that Cerebella killed her. Give me a sword and I think even I'm capable of beating her. I mean Beowulf beat two Gigans bare handed, Cerebella can't be that powerful.
Her loss against Peacock could very well have been due to the fact that Peacock was a child and, being pure of heart and unwilling to injure her opponents, she didn't actually fight Peacock.
I AM SO SICK OF HEARING THIS. GODDAMMIT!!!
AT_squirrel.gif

"FUCK THE MAFIA, FUCK THE CIRCUS, AND FUCK YOU CEREBELLA!" ~Zen

Last edited:
Cerebella's super stronk, but that's pretty much all she's got. I mean Superman wouldn't be much of a threat if he lost all of his other abilities would he? I'm sure some comic book nerd will try to correct me on that.
I'm almost positive you don't understand just how strong Superman is. His abilities make him Superman, but with sheer strength he can bench press the Earth.
Plus I think that Ms. Fortune is also one of the weakest members of the cast, so I'm not impressed that Cerebella killed her. Give me a sword and I think even I'm capable of beating her. I mean Beowulf beat two Gigans bare handed, Cerebella can't be that powerful.
Fortune doesn't have any feats, that doesn't mean she isn't strong. The only ones shown to have defeated her are Double and Cerebella iirc.

Also, one of the Gigans Beowulf fought was a baby. And we don't have any real Gigan feats, so I'm not sure how strong they are.
I AM SO SICK OF HEARING THIS. GODDAMMIT!!!

"FUCK THE MEDICI'S, FUCK THE CIRCUS, AND FUCK YOU CEREBELLA!" ~Zen
Tired of hearing the truth? Weirdo.

The moment I read "Cerebella" and "pure of heart" in the same sentence in a topic Denizen is watching, I just knew it was a matter of time until he'd lose his shit. And how!

Strongest character is obviously Umbrella...assuming she ever makes it to the game.
Also, everyone seems to be forgetting that Peacock's potential as a canon contender depends entirely on her using color ⑨.

And I should add that I find the rampant heresy in this topic quite disturbing. Quite disturbing indeed.

Reactions: Denizen
I'm almost positive you don't understand just how strong Superman is. His abilities make him Superman, but with sheer strength he can bench press the Earth.
Superman was a bad example to use. I shouldn't ever use comic book examples, I realize that now.
Fortune doesn't have any feats, that doesn't mean she isn't strong. The only ones shown to have defeated her are Double and Cerebella iirc.
Still, Ms. Fortune doesn't show any traits that would make her super dangerous in a fight like Peacock or Double.
She can stretch herself, dismember herself, and she has some basic Feral abilities. Hell a normal human who's a good enough fighter could beat her.

Where did you hear that Grendel was a baby? That's not true at all, Grendel and his mother are both full grown Gigans, and I'm pretty sure a full grown 20 foot tall giant is pretty strong, and heavier than an elephant.
Tired of hearing the truth? Weirdo.
I'm tired of hearing people trying to white knight a leg breaker for a violent criminal organization just because she happens to be their waifu.

The moment I read "Cerebella" and "pure of heart" in the same sentence in a topic Denizen is watching, I just knew it was a matter of time until he'd lose his shit. And how!
You know me too well Balder, it's flattering really.

Reactions: Balder
Superman was a bad example to use. I shouldn't ever use comic book examples, I realize that now.
I'll forget about it. I'm not as anal about it as other comic nerds.
Still, Ms. Fortune doesn't show any traits that would make her super dangerous in a fight like Peacock or Double.
She can stretch herself, dismember herself, and she has some basic Feral abilities. Hell a normal human who's a good enough fighter could beat her.
Cerebella killed someone who was immortal. Her ability was literally "I cannot die".

Where did you hear that Grendel was a baby? That's not true at all, Grendel and his mother are both full grown Gigans, and I'm pretty sure a full grown 20 foot tall giant is pretty strong, and heavier than an elephant.
How big were they?
beowulf_thumb.jpg

060321_gigan02.jpg
Grendel's arm looks about as big as the smallest Gigan here (baby, most likely). And we have no idea how heavy Gigans are, or whether or not Momma Gigan was bigger than Myrine or Scythana.

I'm tired of hearing people trying to white knight a leg breaker for a violent criminal organization just because she happens to be their waifu.
Lol. She's titled "Medici Legbreaker", but that's it. We don't see her do anything to prove that even with the "legs" she's broken that she did anything serious or vicious (proving she could go ham in a fight). Marie's statements point to her not being bad, and Fortune's death showed remorse and unwillingness to hurt someone. It's possible that any person whose "legs" she's broken were simply scaring someone by crushing something, especially since she didn't find it easy to hurt Fortune.

Last edited:
Valentine is the stongest bustiest, don't underestimate tha. I'm just going to say that this may be a bit like JJBA where anyone can beat anyone else by being that much of a badass motherfucker outfighting them. I mean Val is probably the weakest of the cast, but she manages to defeat Marie.

Actaully, on second thought that kind of talk probably doesn't belong in this topic so...Honestly I think it's Double. I'd be inclined to say Double is probably stronger than Marie. I mean let's see what she's got, immortality, energy projection (unless her Luger is shooting part of herself), shapeshifitng, and I'd assume some measure of divinity as well. My vote goes to Dubs.

Cerebella killed someone who was immortal. Her ability was literally "I cannot die".
Like I said before, Immortality doesn't make you strong. Also, that just proves that Fortune isn't truly Immortal.
Really though, when you think about it, true Immortality doesn't exist.
How big were they?

Grendel's arm looks about as big as the smallest Gigan here (baby, most likely). And we have no idea how heavy Gigans are, or whether or not Momma gigan was bigger than Myrine or Scythana.
I don't think they would let a baby fight in Pro Wrestling where people could die.
Besides, Alex Ahad explained that Gigans vary in size immensly. Their average size is 15 feet, but their body types span all the colors of the rainbow. It's their genes that determine their size, not their age. They're like the Titans from Attack on Titan. Also Grendel's Mother was capable of eating an entire audience of people (Before Beowulf stopped her). So I'm sure she's pretty damn big.
Also here is a better example of Grendel's size.
Lol. She's titled "Medici Legbreaker", but that's it. We don't see her do anything to prove that even with the "legs" she's broken that she did anything serious or vicious (proving she could go ham in a fight). Marie's statements point to her not being bad, and Fortune's death showed remorse and unwillingness to hurt someone. It's possible that any person whose "legs" she's broken were simply scaring someone by crushing something, especially since she didn't find it easy to hurt Fortune.
Just because a crazy, vengeful, murderous necromancer said that she's not all that bad that makes her a good girl? Just because she feels bad about killing someone that makes it OK? Yeah you could say that she was just protecting her "family", but her "family" is a violent criminal organization that needs to be put down. The fact that she's trying to protect them makes her one of them, regardless of how she feels about it. Plus you have absolutely no proof that Cerebella just scares people instead of maiming them, you just made all that up!
Just accept it, Cerebella hurts people for a living, she fights for the Medicis, and she's a bad person because of it.

This is getting really off topic though.

Last edited:
So it's still Annie on top.
if Annie can stalemate Double, I'd say she's up there. Though if we count the Trinity, I think the as of yet unrevealed mother is the real strongest.