• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Your own headcanon

Sehkmet, in Egyptian mythos, is said to have almost destroyed mankind but was halted when she was tricked by Ra into drinking fake-blood beer. blood beer reminds me of a bloody mary.

Bloody Mary= Bloody Marie. Bloody Marie will truly defeat Sehkmet in the end. Not silly headcanon, but more like conspiracy headcanon.

Sehkmet, in Egyptian mythos, is said to have almost destroyed mankind but was halted when she was tricked by Ra into drinking fake-blood beer. blood beer reminds me of a bloody mary.

Bloody Mary= Bloody Marie. Bloody Marie will truly defeat Sehkmet in the end. Not silly headcanon, but more like conspiracy headcanon.
Well considering Marie showed up at the end of Eliza's story mode, you might be right.

Reactions: ACreationist
The main character bears a striking resemblance to Ms. Fortune. It's almost scary...

Viewer discretion is advised. Contains violence and suggestive themes...

I've got half a dozen ideas from this...

Last edited:
I bet Fukua's really good with babies.
"OH GOD IT'S A BABY WHAT DO WE DO, SHAMONE?"
"I DON'T KNOW, I KNOW NOTHING BUT ARCHERY AND THROWING SHARP THINGS"
"I ONLY KNOW HOW TO SWING STUFF! BRAINDRAIN! HEEEELP!?"

Braindrain acts all grumpy and evil but he's really sweet when alone <3

I don't know if this is confirmed but if it isn't I think that the bunny outfits Cerebella and the women involved in the Conteillo massacre wear are uniforms for the elite women in the mafia. Beware the sexy bunnies.

<What used to be here can now be found at this location.>

Also, I saw this from a while back...

Basically, the religion of the Divine Trinity is the equivalent of Christianity in the Skullgirls universe, and Alex also said that other real-world religions would also have equivalent in the Skullgirls universe (he specifically mentioned Islam and Buddhism, iirc)

I see a few similarities between the Trinity of Skullgirls and the Divine Trinity of Christianity... but I wouldn't be so quick to equate them to one another. How is it that a trio of far-from-omnipotent goddesses that despise humanity can be equated to a singular omnipotent God in Three Persons who desires to love us and for all of us to love Him of our own free will?

Last edited:
That's not really headcanon that's just your OC lore. Also Bella's hat can only be used by her due to some binding.

Also the divine trinity is a fictional religion. Can have parallels but it doesn't have to be exact.

My headcanon is that the title of "Cerebella" actually has a legacy. The Cerebella we know and love wasn't the only one. Was there an official place where it said that it is only the Cerebella we know and love who is able to use Vice-Versa?

Though I do see your point about it being more OC lore. Have any ideas for a more appropriate place to put this?

Well since its not really headcanon and more Oc lore it would be best to put it in the OC thread here

I see a few similarities between the Trinity of Skullgirls and the Divine Trinity of Christianity... but I wouldn't be so quick to equate them to one another. How is it that a trio of far-from-omnipotent goddesses that despise humanity can be equated to a singular omnipotent God in Three Persons who desires to love us and for all of us to love Him of our own free will?
Um... you think Double spreads the truth of The Trinity?

She takes on the appearance of a cloistered nun... so I'm not sure she goes around doing missionary work... :\
She... also takes on many other appearances, as seen in multiple stories? Not just imitating fighters, but two NPC disguises.

Influence of the Church of the Trinity is part of her schemes. Telling the truth is not.

I have a kinda...not weird, but kinda long headcanon involving the trinity

Not sure if I should post it here or Lore speculation....

Alright so..

We know from Alex that Eliza and the Trinity are from the same culture, which according to Alex, is heavily based of Egyptian Antiquity even tho the statues in Gehenna bring to mind Ancient Greece or Rome but I digress. Now I ain't all knowing when it comes to Ancient Egypt mythology but...

I theorize that the Trinity (At least Aeon and Venus) are basically killing Humanity and its ilk to get a Kingdom (For lack of a better term....)

Ok so

like I said, I ain't a expert.

But a good chunk of Ancient Egypt Mythology saw death as a continuation of life, with Pharaoh's in particular being seen as part divine and as such, usually given the job of leading any faithful subjects who successfully passed over into the afterlife among other things.

Now imagine this from Aeon or Venus' POV

You just got killed by someone who was likely seen as a once faithful subject, and you land is what appears to be a void, that most likely defies any description of the afterlife, bringing you to a potential realization that the way you think the afterlife works....is not the case. Now, given Aeon and Venus are...potentially teenage girls, they are probably more then a little pissed at this...

Additionally, your murderer is busy trying to take over your Empire, which is already pretty sh!tty, and then its eventually discovered that you don't get to enjoy ruling over afterlife subjects you were promised.

Ergo, they decide to kill two birds with one stone. In this case, a Skullheart. So they use the Skullheart in numerous attempts to kill humanity, therefore both getting their potential future subjects/slaves/peasants and robbing Eliza of her food source.

huh that is pretty interesting.

but i always thought that it was Mother who made the SkullHeart. And it was her anger over Humans and Parasites having the ability to kill/ over throw them in power. Like what Eliza did. so When Aeon and Venus were killed, Mother tried to strike back ultimately failing. So she made both the SkullHeart and Double to help see thru the destruction of everything.

Basically wiping the slate clean.

Reactions: Undeadtoon
huh that is pretty interesting.

but i always thought that it was Mother who made the SkullHeart. And it was her anger over Humans and Parasites having the ability to kill/ over throw them in power. Like what Eliza did. so When Aeon and Venus were killed, Mother tried to strike back ultimately failing. So she made both the SkullHeart and Double to help see thru the destruction of everything.

Basically wiping the slate clean.

I think Mother is indirectly the one who created it. Possibly on Aeon and Venus' request. Mother however seems rather impartial to her daughters trying to kill all of humanity. Its hard to tell because we know so little of her.

objectively, the skullheart was a accidental creation, possibly when Queen Lamia went mad after her daughter's deaths? We know Double was possibly a shadow or a piece of Lamia, who's to say Lamia didn't create the skullheart through similar circumstances and the Trinity took advantage of this virtuous mistake (for them)

idk.... i'm tired and my brain is dead.

like i wish to believe the worlds of SG is tied to Guilty Gear in some stupid way. That Filia is the daughter of Milia Rage and Zato 1 [come on Filia has moves from both characters...] and that Cerebella is the unkept daughter of Potmkin who couldn't take care of her cause he's in the army of Zepp. Which offered it's aid to the Canopy Kingdom when they were fighting that war and such.

Brain Drain might be the mad scientist Crow. They both have similar personalities and they love working both on human test subjects as well as robots. ie Robo Fortune and Robo Ky.

blug... my poor brain...

I thought Alex said somewhere the Skullheart fell to Meridian from space and kickstarted human/parasite evolution?

I thought Alex said somewhere the Skullheart fell to Meridian from space and kickstarted human/parasite evolution?

Groups/Factions/Locations

- The Skullheart is of alien origin, having crashed on the planet a long, LONG time ago. Alex implied that it may or may not have kickstarted evolution, but that part seemed like more of an idle musing on his part than a legitimate canon building block.

I've only come up with three headcanons which is better than nothing, I guess.

A lot of the cast likes sitcoms, with one of the exceptions being Eliza. She finds them dull and annoying. She laughs a lot during horror shows.

Filia adores romance novels. But she can never seem to finish one. It's not because she finds a new one, it's because Samson keeps eating them.

When a man wishes on the Skull Heart, absolutely nothing happens. Except he might be confused and the Skull Heart ends up asking them what the heck they expected. It's not something that happens a lot surprisingly.

Here's some "What if..." headcanon, because I would rather ponder on it than accept it as headcanon (since it's just plain sad)...

What if Squigly was truly dead? As in, what if, when the Skull Heart awakened Squigly, that wasn't actually Squigly? What if that was just Leviathan, who developed a split personality... one of himself, and the other emulating Squigly's personality, and he was basically using her body as a marionette to project Squigly's personality? What if he wasn't aware of this at all?

I find it more likely that "his power keeps her sane" means Abaddon's power is drawing on the sense of self of an alternate Squigly. AU Squigly maybe slept for an entire day. Although her story seems to be entirely at night.

Reactions: DoomKrakken
Abaddon (Abbaddon? Ab-baddon? The Skullgirls spelling is weird) is Venus' parasite. Or possibly Venus. It has incomprehensible power over space.

Leviathan has some connection to it, he uses control over space for the Center Stage move. I believe Alex has mentioned that if Leviathan stretched his power a lot, it would rip a hole to the goddess' dimension.

The Skullgirls spelling looks like it's spelled the same way I've seen it spelled everywhere else.

Ah, now I remember it! Oh wow... I didn't know they were connected... that makes for some interesting headcanon, then... :D

EDIT:
I don't know if this is confirmed but if it isn't I think that the bunny outfits Cerebella and the women involved in the Conteillo massacre wear are uniforms for the elite women in the mafia. Beware the sexy bunnies.

I'm not so sure about elite... I'd go for "highly trained minions".

But that reminds me of a headcanon I forgot to post, concerning the scantily-clad bunny henchwomen...

What if that was merely a night job that pays really well? What if these henchwomen also had other jobs/occupations? I imagined a small series of stories telling the tales of some of these henchwomen... what they do in their free time, their interactions with the real world while they're not working... exploring this subculture and rules/guidelines they would follow, and other stuff like that. This would follow three fairly seasoned henchwomen...

- One would be a mother of two little girls (a toddler daughter and an infant son) who is married to a fairly low-to-medium-ranking mafia official, who plays the part of the stereotypical housewife. They'd live in Maplecrest.
- Another is a devoted schoolteacher.
- A third one runs a bar.

These three would be best friends, and when they have "ladies' night out", they're going out on missions for Black Dahlia.

Black Dahlia may be stern and cruel... but I imagine she would be a respectable and (somewhat) compassionate boss too, being able to understand and accommodate for family emergencies and the like.

They take on a bit of a minuteman mentality... able to assemble and be ready to fight at a moment's notice.

They can work well together or separately, but when worse comes to worse, it's every woman for herself. That's part of the risk.

When arrested, they say nothing.

I wonder... what other guidelines should be in their code?

Last edited:
Here is another Unofficial Skullgirls 2 bio. And this time it's Painwheel.

Due to constantly battling the power of Brain Drain for control over her body and refusing to submit to the monster inside her, Carol was gravely injured during Marie's time as the Skullgirl leaving her to die from massive internal bleeding in her permanently crippled arms among other injuries until she was founded by her creator Brain Drain who immediately revived her after taking back to the lab. As he predicted, she immediately went berserk at the sight of the ''repairs'' Brain Drain gave her (Specifically when she discovered her arms have been amputated and were replaced with cybernetic prosthetics) to the point where she is stripped of her sentience that cause her humanity rapidly drain and become more vulnerable to her creator's control over her monstrous personality. Though there is hope it won't be permanent.

Edgy. But I would think that maybe Carol would take a more unexpected route...

I've more headcanon...

Ms. Fortune secretly has a small hat collection, with about 20 or so hats. They range from baseball caps to knit ski caps to fedoras to berets. She intends to expand on it.

I've no idea how it started. I've just drawn a few pictures with her wearing a few hats, and imagining more hats she could wear. Plus, the idea of her wearing hats while throwing her head around... that's just funny to me. :D

Similarly, there are many different models of Robo-Fortune, which also have different heads for doing different stuff. Think Iron Man's Hall Of Armors. Robo-Fortune can exchange her head with other Robo-Fortune heads she picks up.

Ms. Fortune secretly has a small hat collection, with about 20 or so hats. They range from baseball caps to knit ski caps to fedoras to berets. She intends to expand on it.

You want to TF2 Ms. Fortune.
I can dig that. Think of the memes.

Reactions: MarioToast
So this thought occurred to me:

Squiglys family weren't good saints as she was lead to believed.

You don't become friends with a crime family, stay rich and famous AND keep your hands clean. and Squigly probably lived a sheltered life.

So Squigly was painted this image that her family were good people when in reality they had done some dirty deeds, not medici bad, but not as good as she believes. Leviathan also keeps the truth from her because to him its better to keep a perfect image to help morale than show the ugly truth.