• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Your own headcanon

My Headcanon is Beowulf is really an Expy of Survival Tobita. VERY DIE HARD!

I got a few headcanons for our glorious Eliza Oujo-sama, but I feel bad for adding anything after the complex stuff some folks here came up with. (.__.)
Anyway, I imagine her adaptation to modern times while successful was not whole so she still clings to ancient societal structures like slavery and class rule (her popularity as a diva only reinforces that)

One of the best head canons for Eliza I heard was from the chat during a previous cupcakes where someone said (i forget who) that she's from a land called "Denial"

Which is both a classic pun ("its not just a river") and a reference to her denying her own mortality.

So some more scrub headcanon...

First, which past broadcasts had Alex Ahad and his SG lore.

My thing is how strong is Mrs. Victoria/D. Violet. I ask this because not only she is a "teacher" and seems to watch over others in Class Notes stage with little expression. She only seems surprised when the stage shakes. When Double changes into Victoria the kick that is copied looks very masterful and finesse. She is described as very powerful and it almost seems she could kick EVERYONE'S ass, but just chooses not to. Her personal storyline involves saving Filia, who already is a very good fighter. It's hard to know but based on the little we have seen, she seems to be one of the powerful characters canon wise in the SG universe.

Since Double is a servant to the Trinity, it seems she is basically Aeon and Venus's "character" in the story in that they use Double to play the other fighters. They sort of interact and maybe even speak to the others through Double.

Why does Painwheel still turn into the Skullgirl at her ending. Her eyes turn just like Marie, basically Skullgirl eyes. She destroyed the Skullheart though, so why is she still the Skullheart.

Is there some philosophical commentary in Skullgirls. The symbol for the Parasoul is an upside down cross. The trinity alludes to Christianity. Everyone worships the Trinity but they are the ones fucking with the people. Is the SG universe trying to portray a view of an evil deity that is wrathfully and unjust like many criticisms of the Monotheistic holy books? I might be looking to hard I this but it just seems TOO obvious. I am atheist so maybe this is just my perspective.

Is there some philosophical commentary in Skullgirls. The symbol for the Parasoul is an upside down cross. The trinity alludes to Christianity. Everyone worships the Trinity but they are the ones fucking with the people. Is the SG universe trying to portray a view of an evil deity that is wrathfully and unjust like many criticisms of the Monotheistic holy books? I might be looking to hard I this but it just seems TOO obvious.
The Petrine Cross symbolizes humility and martyrdom which is fitting for the tribulations Parasoul endures, like keeping that damn skirt from crawling up her royal derrière. :3

As for the Trinity, yeah they seem like whimsical assholes not unlike the Greek or Norse gods. Some argue they're not in a "divine" plane but just have totally OP parasites. We'll see when Skullgirls 3 hits the shelves. :)

Reactions: Comb and Shockdingo
Yeah, I was going to comment on the cross as well (common misconception is that people think the upside down cross is dealing with Satanic imagery when historically it's referring to Peter, though, times have changed). Alex and Mike have previously said that the cross had no connection to Christianity and rather its shape refers to the 3 paths of the trinity. I read this prior to the board crash, so I'm not sure where it is now.

With all the clever references and creativity, I'm wondering if there's more to the Trinity's motives. They want to destroy the Earth, but is there a greater reason? IS it that this is the tragic desperate only decision? Or are they just doing this for fun? There's so much the future could bring and what their motives are.

In the SG universe, is the Trinity the only religion, just the most popular, or are there other pantheons waiting in the shadows?

Reactions: scrubbyscum999
In the SG universe, is the Trinity the only religion, just the most popular, or are there other pantheons waiting in the shadows?

IIRC that and other canon stuff was mentioned somewhere in this stream (idk, past 1:30:00 ?), http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed/b/439559576 (I hope this is the right one)
I need to re-listen to it again.

Why does Painwheel still turn into the Skullgirl at her ending. Her eyes turn just like Marie, basically Skullgirl eyes. She destroyed the Skullheart though, so why is she still the Skullheart.

Oh, I always figured it was because she was pumped full of hate and skullgirl blood, sorta a bullshit way to bypass the wish thing since she was already sorta half-skullgirl?

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
Basically, the religion of the Divine Trinity is the equivalent of Christianity in the Skullgirls universe, and Alex also said that other real-world religions would also have equivalent in the Skullgirls universe (he specifically mentioned Islam and Buddhism, iirc)

Basically, the religion of the Divine Trinity is the equivalent of Christianity in the Skullgirls universe, and Alex also said that other real-world religions would also have equivalent in the Skullgirls universe (he specifically mentioned Islam and Buddhism, iirc)

Sweet. I would love to see how that works in the game. But with the Trinity, how would the other religions fit in? I mean, there aren't really gods in I think two of the three main branches of Buddhism if what I remembered in World Religions class is correct.

Also, can Painwheel take off her mask at will? She does it in Val's ending but she still is Painwheel due to the parasite. Man that such a cool pic.

Sweet. I would love to see how that works in the game. But with the Trinity, how would the other religions fit in? I mean, there aren't really gods in I think two of the three main branches of Buddhism if what I remembered in World Religions class is correct.

Also, can Painwheel take off her mask at will? She does it in Val's ending but she still is Painwheel due to the parasite. Man that such a cool pic.
Given that Alex also mentioned that the distances between the Canopy Kingdom, the Chess Kingdom and the Gigan Nation are the equivalent of Europe, Russia and the Middle East, I am somewhat led to believe that the main religion of the Chess Kingdom is probably the SG-equivalent of Islam. The Gigans though seem Nordic or Germanic, so I expect that their religion is closer to peganic. Their equivalent of Buddhism probably exist in the Dragon Empire and that region.

Also you are correct that Theravada and Mahayana forms of Buddhism don't technically have gods, but from my experience of living in a Buddhist country most of my life, I can tell you that many Buddhist treats buddhas and bothisatvas practically like gods. :P I'm sure the idea that followers of a religion don't fully understand or follow the tenets of their religion isn't a foreign concept to anyone. But I'm kind of straying off the point here lol.

Also yeah it seems like the mask is stitched/stapled to PW's face, so she could take it off, but it looks pretty difficult and painful.

Speaking of belief systems, I'm inclined to believe that Dagonians have their own separate gods and myths (non-trinity based)

if only because the original Lovecraft story of Innsmouth concerns fish people and the old elder beings they worship (including Dagon)

Reactions: LordCeno
With how OP and in control of everything the Trinity appears to be, it's hard to believe any of the playable cast could do anything about it if Aeon/Venus/Mother decided to go all nuts and just wreck havoc. Which they kinda appear to want to do, what with the Skullheart and Skullgirls business. They could be discouraged from doing so if there were equally powerful - just not as well known - beings around maintaining the power balance in place, keeping each other in check. Cthulhu proxy on the dagonian side, frost giants behind the gigans, stuff like that.

Maybe the world is a board game for those gods. Miniature wargaming, if you will. The gods don't take part in the game directly, but they send out their agents to do it for them, Double and the Skullheart being the Trinity's pawns.

Not really a headcanon of mine, but just dropping the idea.

With how OP and in control of everything the Trinity appears to be, it's hard to believe any of the playable cast could do anything about it if Aeon/Venus/Mother decided to go all nuts and just wreck havoc. Which they kinda appear to want to do, what with the Skullheart and Skullgirls business. They could be discouraged from doing so if there were equally powerful - just not as well known - beings around maintaining the power balance in place, keeping each other in check. Cthulhu proxy on the dagonian side, frost giants behind the gigans, stuff like that.

Maybe the world is a board game for those gods. Miniature wargaming, if you will. The gods don't take part in the game directly, but they send out their agents to do it for them, Double and the Skullheart being the Trinity's pawns.

Not really a headcanon of mine, but just dropping the idea.
I really like it though.

Here's one for ol' Brain Drain.

Brain Drain was nothing special, a bland, crass, somewhat clever man who never stood out in a crowd or amongst his peers. He was in no way stupid, bright yes, driven? No. Directionless, broke and weary he decided to volunteer to the Psychic Experimentation of Lab 7. What could it hurt? Becoming a psychic could make life easier...and more interesting.

Fast forward to the experiment. Pain, fire, fear. Something went wrong, something was unlocked. Skin bubbled, bones broke, white hot light. Blackness. Silence. Chattering. Red scrawl pierces the darkness, followed by a torrent of images, blips and sounds. Awaking he is cold, he can feel nothing, yet he feels stronger than ever. He sees new faces before him. Curious, unaware faces. Soon they would know fear.

Ahem, sorry, got carried away. Anyways, I feel like prior to the experiment, Brain Drain was a bland, normal guy, but the experiment unlocked something within his mind. A drive to be greater and at any cost. The raw power he gained radiated from within his deepest being, destroyed most of his body, graphically killed the scientists infront of him and led to a domino effect that destroyed the facility. Due to all of this, BD affected everything around him. At first he got a simple robotic body similar to what he has today, but over time he modified it to look more intimidating and regal, began wearing that coat, removed some of the casings to show off the Brain container and educate himself in everything he could access. Became an arrogant know it all and used his robotic abilities to speak in a cultured accent so unlike his original voice.

He doesn't see himself as human, he sees that the experiment unleashed something great and he was reborn like a Phoenix, thus he looks down at others if they fail and if they struggle.
"Am I cruel? I sacrificed my body and became great. If I kidnap a child, give them Skullgirl blood and unleash greatness, is that so bad? I'm doing you a favour, the process is a lot more streamlined in your case, dear."

I feel that he sees himself as a lone bastion of progress in a dull, slow creeping world. In his mind, no matter the means, he's the hero the world needs.

I've always imagined that Dooble/Nun Double is only able to do incomplete transformations, such as only body parts, while her true form is able to do full ones.

Leviathan mentions there was a time before the Skullheart and that Samson was around. Now, the question how long ago was this BSh (Before Skullheart) period. The way I see it, it couldn't have been too long ago unless all parasites live for hundreds of years or something. Leviathan and Samson can live for a while, but they don't seem to be like say Eliza's parasite. My prediction is that the Skullheart phenomenon is actually not that old. I'll say about 50 years ago tops when the Skullheart appeared.

There is also the question of how much the Great Mother is involved with the Skullheart. During Double's ending the daughters are the ones playing around while the Mother doesn't seem to really care about the game they're playing and how they are communicating with our friends through Double (my belief anyway). There is a high probability that Aeon and Venus are just being kids and fucking around with the Skullheart, with little realization of how serious its impact is. Not saying they are stupid or not knowledgeable, just can't grasp the horrors. The Skullheart appeared when Aeon and Venus were old enough to play video games. Mother may not have knowledge of this and may just do whatever. Double may actually be somewhat of a joke, how the daughters see their nagging mother so they make her out to be some nun monster thing. This is just a possibility, not really a head canon of mine.

Reactions: Comb
I find it a little difficult to believe that parasites and their hosts are just able to fight in coordination with each other, especially without training. Squigly knows martial arts, but she hasn't been conscious with Leviathan attached to her for very long. Even Filia and Samson's comparatively disorganized fighting style seems to be a little too well coordinated at times. I suspect that there are some Required Secondary Powers involved.

Perhaps a parasite and their host have a minor mental connection with one another? Not full mind reading, but more like an ability to detect the other's immediate emotions and intentions on some level. Say Filia tries to punch someone in the face. Samson could read this as something like "aggression...attacking...punching emotion", and then decide to complement said punch by covering her fist with a spiked glove. I'd imagine that the process would be fast and fluid enough that it doesn't even feel like a deliberate effort on the parts of the parasite and host and more like an instinctual thing, but it could likely be improved upon. Squigly and Leviathan's would obviously be better because of their better relationship and because of Squigly actually knowing how to fight on her own.

Assuming that this is true, could this mental connection go so far as to even give both parties a certain level of emotional and mental influence over one another? The existence of the alternate Evil Samson could have something to do with this. Essentially, taking over his host could mean learning how to screw with her brain to put her into a coma or something.

Last edited:
I find it a little difficult to believe that parasites and their hosts are just able to fight in coordination with each other, especially without training. Squigly knows martial arts, but she hasn't been conscious with Leviathan attached to her for very long. Even Filia and Samson's comparatively disorganized fighting style seems to be a little too well coordinated at times. I suspect that there are some Required Secondary Powers involved.
We don't know how long Squigly's mother was a Skullgirls before she was defeated; it could have taken weeks or years. Although I do agree that parasites and their hosts probably have some level of mental connection that don't require verbal communication.

Cerebella appears to control Vice Versa with her thoughts alone. Since living weapons and parasites are alluded to have a similar (common?) origin, it would make sense if they worked somewhat alike.

Reactions: Weeginji
Cerebella appears to control Vice Versa with her thoughts alone. Since living weapons and parasites are alluded to have a similar (common?) origin, it would make sense if they worked somewhat alike.
This could very well be true. If we keep in mind that living weapons are also much less intelligent than parasites, I'd assume that, in that scenario, the wielder's mind would likely be dominant over the weapon's. It's possible that, through enough experience with them, a wielder can learn to outright telepathically command their living weapon. Considering that living weapons only work for their wielders, it sounds to me like they'd be harder to use than parasites, but easier to master.

Last edited:
9cVj4jk.jpg

Reviving dead thread to say that this is now the official "Super Skullgirl" color in my mind. I mean, it does only show up when she's at her strongest. Besides, "SSG" is just too perfect an abbreviation to pass up.

Im curious to know as a headcanon, how did Marie get the Skullheart? She lived in the No-Man's Land and was unclear about how she got it (unclear till probably if shes get chosen to be put in the game)

Im curious to know as a headcanon, how did Marie get the Skullheart? She lived in the No-Man's Land and was unclear about how she got it (unclear till probably if shes get chosen to be put in the game)
I personally suspect that Double in her nun form gave it to her once Marie eventually found shelter

I mentioned it in one of my own forums but I always thought that at least a majority of the directors of the ASG Labs had been former projects themselves or have experimented on themselves.

A lesser headcanon related to this is cause Avian's got a parasite. At least that's what I think.

My headcanon is that Ottomo's Tom sounds like Gilbert Gottfried. If the name doesn't ring a bell, he's a stand-up comedian known for his characteristic raspy voice which he gladly utilizes for shamelessly telling dirty jokes. But then, you also could have heard him in more family-friendly roles, such as the memorable Iago the parrot from Aladdin. Hell, the latter already gave him experience of voicing a bigger bad's servant.

In my headcanon, Peacock will eventually meet up with Marie and attempt to settle things with her. Whether it be alone or with the aid of the other characters.

Whether she wins or not I don't care, so long as they both receive some form of closure with each other.

In my own headcanon there are timelines where the old version of the characters exists. So really evil Samson, ultra psycho Peacock, monster Parasoul and co. are roaming in other dimensions.

Reactions: Undeadtoon
One of my head canons is that outside of the ring Beowulf is actually a master scholar, with degrees in both mathematics and physics. He uses his knowledge to calculate the perfect angle of attack, determine the best throw velocity for grappling, and engineered the Hurting himself so that it would be structurally ideal for combat. Beowulf became the king of the ring by unleashing the power of his mind...

... That and muscles. Big manly muscles.

Serious head canon right here. The power of a Skullgirl's undead minions is dependent on the scale of their decomposition. Zombies which have only slightly decomposed are slow and weak compared to long dead Skeletons which are extremely fast and powerful.
I got this idea from looking at Squigly's story mode and Marie's boss fight. The undead that Selene summons are freshly killed and it's obvious that they're just a lumbering horde of Zombies. The minions that Marie summons however are noticeably fast and dangerous Skeletons.
Selene's Undead.png
Roberto Dying.png
tumblr_n49j2lNXIL1qis82bo3_500.gif

tumblr_n49j2lNXIL1qis82bo1_1280.gif

tumblr_n49j2lNXIL1qis82bo2_1280.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: juju_for_president
Serious head canon right here. The power of a Skullgirl's undead minions is dependent on the scale of their decomposition. Zombies which have only slightly decomposed are slow and weak compared to long dead Skeletons which are extremely fast and powerful.
I got this idea from looking at Squigly's story mode and Marie's boss fight. The undead that Selene summons are freshly killed and it's obvious that they're just a lumbering horde of Zombies. The minions that Marie summons however are noticeably fast and dangerous Skeletons.

It may very well be one of the factors, add to that the power and experience of the Skullgirl, and the former bone owners power (this one is pretty confirmed).

My own headcannon about the Contiello's. They weren't as dirty as the Medici, but they were involved with dirty and shady stuff. They weren't full sociopaths, but were dismissive about the well-being of people outside their circle. Squigly died having some suspicion of what was going on without ever being introduced to bussiness. If they had more time she would be.

Depending on how you would pick the paths in Story Mode, Marie could end PRAISING Double for what she did:

"Why should I chastise my servant? For driving your family to the same destiny they had driven another families? Your beloved one's build you a lair with fear and corpses. If your hate for her justify your revenge, the hate of their victims justify theirs."

And there would be an epic battle of tears, rage and ethics.

This isn't a head canon, but I want to make something clear, something having to do with ethics.
Not everyone who is affiliated with the Mafia is evil. The world isn't black and white like that, everyone has their reasons for doing what they do. This is why Marie needs to die, despite the fact that she retains some control over her mind she still targets and kills people based on nothing but affiliation. The way Marie sees it, you must die if there is even a single drop of Medici blood in your veins.

What Marie does is not vigilante justice, it's senseless slaughter driven by a misguided desire for revenge.
Marie isn't misunderstood and she shouldn't be praised for her actions, she needs to be brought down.

Don't get me wrong, I like Marie. I admire the strength of her soul and her ability to resist the Skull Heart's influence. However, that wouldn't stop me from slaying her to protect New Meridian City from her vengeful rampage. She may have been a victim in the past, but now she's an evil necromancer hell bent on destruction.

She's no longer Marie Korbel, she's Bloody Marie. She deserves no praise or encouragement, only pity.

l think the bigger reason Marie needs to go down is not because the Mafia might not all be evil, but simply because the Skull Heart would eventually corrupt her fully and Marie would destroy everything.

She is able to maintain enough will to channel her powers into destroying only those of Medici blood, but the moment that she loses that control, the Skull Heart would turn her into an aimless killing machine.

Reactions: LKArtillery
l think the bigger reason Marie needs to go down is not because the Mafia might not all be evil, but simply because the Skull Heart would eventually corrupt her fully and Marie would destroy everything.
Yeah of course we all know that, but it's still important to remember that Marie isn't doing the right thing with the freedom she has.

Not everyone who is affiliated with the Mafia is evil.

True, Squigly and at least amnesiac Filia are examples.

But if you do mafia jobs like assassination, intimidation and arson you are evil.

My headcannon is that some of the Contiellos did jobs like while most of them supported the Medici with "white colar" crimes. None of them were in something as extreme as slavery, but they were not inocent either. That is my headcanon.

Still, I concur with your view of Marie. She has some legitimate desires of retribution and justice (Marie Korbel) being polluted by in the form of extreme, corrupted, hatred (as Bloody Marie: ALL Medici shall die).

Marie considers the Medici a cancer and removes it the same way cancer is surgically removed - along with some healthy border tissues. The logic and approach here is that it's better to remove a bit too much than a bit too little.

Well it's pretty clear Marie isn't too intelligent. Just running on her emotions.

Reactions: Denizen