• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

Wow man Eliza is such a babe
cZ8RW30.png

Whoa, that face. I've never seen anything like it.

See, now this is what I respect. Making a beautiful character downright fugly. That is realistic, people.
Where the fuck have you been.
Eliza's hitstuns are practically guro.
It's hilarious and amazing and I love it.

Where the fuck have you been.
Why does everyone snap at people if they don't know something about a character? Some people don't follow development of characters closely. Some people don't have beta access and have never used Eliza.
Even in jest, jumping on someone with "Where the fuck have you been?" is kind of off putting.

I think her original flesh got completely disintegrated, and constantly replaced by new fresh blood.
So yeah, probably no, she doesn't.

You know I wonder if she actually even originally looked like she does now, like it seems like there's nothing stopping her from changing to whatever she wants. And changing her appearance would actually make sense considering it's not public knowledge that she's an immortal blood lady, and ya know not looking the same for 100s of years would help with that.

You know I wonder if she actually even originally looked like she does now, like it seems like there's nothing stopping her from changing to whatever she wants. And changing her appearance would actually make sense considering it's not public knowledge that she's an immortal blood lady, and ya know not looking the same for 100s of years would help with that.
That's basically what's she's been doing. (Actually, let me throw something headcanon-y my friend wrote since I love it so much.)

Eliza bears in uncanny resemblance to one “Eleanor Bathule” a Rommelgrad noblewoman from about three hundred years ago, who became the regent of a small municipality when her husband died under mysterious circumstances shortly after their marriage. Notable was the fact that during Bathule’s reign, children of said region disappeared at an alarming rate, and to this day nobody is sure why.

She was able to avoid suspicion due to her pleasant public demeanor, and because of the presence of the “Blutlöwen” a medieval Rommelgradian cryptid said to feed on the blood of children and animals, described as the living skeleton of a feline feral (this led to a spike in racism against them, though part of what charmed people was her kindness and willingness to grant them amnesty) with a smooth face. Of course, there were those who would accuse her, but their opinions tended to quickly change before they too would disappear; but she was still well-liked by the people of that state. To this day, she’s still considered a icon among the few refugee holdouts of the extinct nation.

Oh wow that's a real good write up there, I actually thought that it was suggesting she was based on another real person for a bit there hah.

It'd be neat if there's some official visuals on Eliza's past lives in her story mode though.

As I suggested in the fan-made palettes thread, maybe Venom from Guilty Gear?
*secretly freaks out inside, downloads a reference pic, and plots* *also laughs with a menacing grin on his face*

Oh wow that's a real good write up there, I actually thought that it was suggesting she was based on another real person for a bit there hah.

It'd be neat if there's some official visuals on Eliza's past lives in her story mode though.
That's honestly what I thought.

That'll be super neat, a rough timeline of Eliza's 'personalities' would be great in some sort of ~Flashback~

I wonder if Eliza's stage is already done, It will be the first stage without NPC characters if we don't the count the alternate versions of some stages.

I wonder if Eliza's stage is already done, It will be the first stage without NPC characters if we don't the count the alternate versions of some stages.
It's p much done. I'm not sure though if they have bath house servants or have Eliza herself in the background.

Come here. You're getting a hug. Don't look at me like that, c'mon huuuuuuuuuuuuuug.
[hugs]
[allows hands to wander]
Stop! No! Don't touch there! Pleas, don't touch my no-no square!
[no-no square gets touched]
[weeps]
I trusted you.

In all seriousness, I think I almost died the first, second, and maybe the third time I watched that

if you look carefully you can see that they havnt updated the stage at all yet, hmmmmmm I wonder why, perhaps something related to the story is there, just a thought

Well in all fairness she has a lot in common with Countess Elizabeth Báthory de Ecsed, a Hungarian countess/serial killer who killed young girls and bathed in their blood in order to stay young forever. She, along with Vlad the Impaler was one of the real life inspirations for the Gothic depictions of vampires.
Additionally she could be in part based after the actress Elizabeth Taylor, who famously portrayed Cleopatra.
You've probably heard all this before, but I just wanted to bring these up because they're awesome.

Her stage was added to Beta more complete than Big Bands (by that I mean the scenery moves) but Under the Bridge had been updated several times over the weeks. I agree it's weird that there haven't been any updates to the stage yet, I expect their will only be some minimal changes. Personally I don't expect any NPCs save for maybe Eliza because lately they seem to be trying to incorporate the player characters into stages, like Big Band, Parasoul and Filia. I think the decided they could do that after they added Big Band.

All we know about the stage is that there's a different version of it with blood instead of water. I hope the stage stays clean, but putting Eliza would be a very nice touch

Cy4nK5T.png

Y U DO DIS TO MY EMOTIONS, WIKIA? ( つ Д `)
(Yeah, I know. File dump shenanigans. Poor Marie. She's my favorite character that I least celebrate.)

On another OT note, you folks saw the Double in Alex's Tumblererererer? Bleepin' amazing and it almost makes me wish she'd be "Venus Lite" instead of a shape shifter.
55f.png

When I thought this would be a post mostly composed of OT musings, I just noticed the crying mask while Sekhmet is unleashed bears a uncanny resemblance to Castlevania's Camilla, who transforms into a blood-crying mask in her first appearances. I wonder if that's deliberate?

Last edited:
Balder said:
"On another OT note, you folks saw the Double in Alex's Tumblererererer? Bleepin' amazing and it almost makes me wish she'd be "Venus Lite" instead of a shape shifter
Yeah her freaky blob form is so cool to watch that I get disappointed every time she turns into one of the other characters. Plus that nun's design and voice are awesome. But hey, they had unused frames for characters and they wanted to create a low cost character for the launch. (much like Fukua and Robo-Fortune.) I'd hope they give her more unique frames in SG2, but that might upset the Double players.
At any rate, this is a GREAT subject for another thread.

The patch notes from today say Eliza got a new palette and more lines! On behalf of console players I know we would appreciate it if someone who plays PC beta could share them. Thanks in advance!

The patch notes from today say Eliza got a new palette and more lines! On behalf of console players I know we would appreciate it if someone who plays PC beta could share them. Thanks in advance!
She only got jumping lines. So far she has:
  • All crouching attack VO
  • All jumping attack VO
  • Jumping grunts VO
  • Air Grab VO
  • Generic Tag In
  • Generic Intro
  • Generic Winquote
  • Foe ground tech response
  • blocking VO
if I remember right.

The IGG pin-up is a "freebie". She's getting a different splash art for the game proper. The same might apply to Beowulf.
Anyway, the new artwork is already there. I don't think they'd go to the trouble of putting a placeholder in the character highlight and the Blockbuster reel.
index.php

but that might upset the Double players.
If all of a sudden, Double was given Big Band's ground tech and Eliza's air dashes, I'm sure all the Double players would be devastated.

On behalf of console players I know we would appreciate it if someone who plays PC beta could share them. Thanks in advance!
How about someone who checks Youtube?:PUN:

Voice (Also shows the new Blockbuster KO effect. Sizable improvement.)

Palette (Can't tell if it's a reference but I like it even if it isn't muh glorious Dai Goten Maou.)
l9PiM1g.png

Back