• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

Am I the only guy that wish she had more colors when it comes to blood it's like all I been seeing it different types of red sadly...
You're not alone in that regard. Part of why I've been clamoring for a Oichi palette was so that her blood could be made to look like dark purple/black miasma.

Anywho, as already pointed out, they've been adding some variety in that regard. The Odette palette (#16) has dark blue colored blood, the freshly added I-no palette has violet colored blood and, if I'm not mistaken, #4 has light blue/silver colored blood and the Iset palette (#10) has gold colored blood.

I like the fact that most of her stuff is colored in now. Is especially like the colored blood. We're getting closer!

Yeah, just three more weeks.
are we staring at the rise of a new kind of DDB?

does that mean DDB is Satan?

Is this thread going as wrong as the locked one?

Just discovered the I-No palette. I'm so happy I can hardly contain myself. My #1 indiegogo-voted character gets the colour of the character I've poured the most time into in fighting games. This is so much better than, yeesh, Noel Vermillion having it in CP. Please keep this colour, based MikeZ. Give her a hover-dash while you're at it. ;)

I always felt Chemical Love was a little tricky to pull off consistently (HCB, Forward IIRC) probably because one usually doesn't equate such a motion with a "plain special move" but oh boy! did it hit like a truck.
Definitely tricky—took me more training-mode drilling and match-experience to get down than any other combo tool I've learned—but it's been the sort of thing that payed back tenfold in pure enjoyment once I could do it. Does my avatar hint at that? :D

I always liked I-no because I love the idea of beating people up with NOT!Shiina Ringo but she always felt very dull to play as. But that dullness was likely product of me only knowing the game on a very superficial level.
Depends what kind of characters you like to play, I suppose. Can't think of a character that does as well with hover-dashing as her, and her note projectiles are like a mini-game in themselves. Her dives add a nice geometrical element to her neutral game, and in +R, the extra airdash is icing on the cake. She kind of simplifies certain aspects of the game a bit too much for some people (autopilot-able mixups, safe supers that tempt your meter usage, somewhat-mashy anti-air game against most...), but that's only if you have a particular preconception of how Guilty Gear should be played.

are we staring at the rise of a new kind of DDB?

does that mean DDB is Satan?

Is this thread going as wrong as the locked one?

I bet you anything Jimbob is just another profile made by DDB so he could troll people under the radar for a while without being called out...

Come GGXrd, I intend to give her a more honest chance. (Especially now that Daisuke is cutting out my favorites to clog the roster with Blazblue rejects...sheesh!)

I know that feels, I'm going to have to pick up some new characters in Xrd since they didnt put Zappa, Testament, or ABA in *cries in the corner* but at least I still get to play with Faust (and he's even high tier atm iirc). I always wanted to give I-No a try, but her obnoxious learning curve always put me off... I guess now's a good time to give her a go

No, sadly, I am a completely different person,a more effective troll,and a bigger asshole.
Does this mean I can give you more warning points compared to every one else? lel

See? Now he knows we're on to him, so he's trying to deflect

That, or DDB has split personalities and both have nothing better to do with their time than troll around on Skullheart...

I caught these from the stream they were running tonight at UGC. (Missing one because I didn't see it happen.)

Big Post (2 different palettes in random lighting because they were caught on different stages.)
cnsLSQn.png
oox1urr.png
RPSoz9e.png
PZ31Zpx.png
GHW8cxK.png

Depends what kind of characters you like to play, I suppose.
When you say it like that, it does make me think...
I played GGX, #Reload and AC+ but, as with practically every game before SG, I was conscious of the intermediate to advanced techniques but never made a real attempt to learn and implement them. I played the game mostly because I loved the art direction, was completely entranced by the music (I recall a IGN article that had 1m samples and me having those darn things looping on Winamp... the internet poverty days.) and it was great to have a real contender in the genre that wasn't from Capcom or SNKP.
While I played a LOT of characters, I'd say my mains were Faust and Venom (finished Survival with Venom!) in GGX, Zappa and Slayer in #Reload and Johnny and EX Baiken in AC+.
But really, your question did get me thinking about my experience with the series and I realized one of the things I enjoy the most in GG are the special moves. It sounds weird but I've always enjoyed the "ooomph" many of them packed. Examples would be Zato's command grab, Testament's Grave Digger, Johnny's Mist Finer and Ensenga (this move got me motivated to learn how to TK motions), Slayer's back step punch, Potemkin's anti-air grab, etc. It's also why I like EX characters so much. They have all sorts of new moves and EX Baiken's HCB+HS is probably my favorite special move in the game.
Back to I-no, as I admitted, I'm the one to blame for playing in a very superficial level. Even for all my CASULness, I won't bash a character's viability or "fun factor" because of my own ineptitude.

Boy, that stretched out a fair bit. (.__.)

Moving on...
All that's missing is her formal dress but I wouldn't be surprised if it's already colored. They're working really fast.
So, those last few frames in air throw some Sek actions and it's a wrap? I think it's fair to believe Eliza will be complete before the end of the month but release is another story. Dang consoles and their protocols... :/

the ugclive stream archive from last night it's about 8 hours long and labelled as a street fighter video. They started late because the ultra players wanted to play out the entire bracket on stream. Render wasn't able to formally go through changes but they got to play a while.

Leggings should be on all palettes. Mike didn't like how revealing the outfit was and it probably would have issues with the games rating.

Leggings should be on all palettes. Mike didn't like how revealing the outfit was and it probably would have issues with the games rating.
Nah, it's fine. There's plenty of sexy stuff in the game already. I don't think Eliza having one frame in which she's nearly nude will really make a difference.
I mean we've got Filia's midriff and breast, Parasoul's legs and breast, Cerbella's butt and breasts, Squigly's butt and nothing, Valentine's breasts and breasts Ms.Fortune's midriff and underboob and Double's breasts and amazing figure and also Painwheel and Peacock's... nothing.
Valentine_Win.png

She'll come out when she comes out, patience is a virtue.

But when can we expect Albus, Horace and Sekhmet? I just wanna hear them now!

I'm a hypocrite.

Eliza is too attractive. Make it stop. But also didn't they say that all the voicework for Eliza and friends is done they just gotta put it in?

Oh god! We've reached that awkward stage when there's only a little bit more to go before the character is released and the updates become far less frequent and then we have nothing to get hype about and then we have nothing to discuss so we all start trying to start a conversation but all we can say is 'when's she out?'

Last edited:
We can always "get hype" about actually getting to play as the first voted-in DLC character, but I can understand if that doesn't ring all that well with most. #skullfans :P

And for those not that invested in the core gameplay, need I remind that Eliza's story mode will be most robust and canonical of all story modes so far? Bearing in mind how good Squigly's and Big Band's were, I'd say we have a lot to look forward to and discuss in that department.

Anyway, a couple of random notes about the colored costumes:
- While I share the opinion that the costume was a bit too much (in being too less), the underboob cover seems pointless when we take into account many other fanservice moments in the game
- I much prefer emlan's coloring of the old-timey swimsuit

Back