• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza A Song of Blood and Beauty - Eliza Lore & Speculation

I apologize once again for the long wait. The video was processing longer than it should. I encountered an error and had to upload it again to make sure it works this time.

I hope the Ragyo palette stays. I haven't even seen it yet but my god, people are like, climaxin off of it.
I think these are more or less the final batch according to what Mike said, plus they tend to show the final cut around this point in development. I'm really happy with how it turned out, great selection.

Now all we gonna have to do is wait for the AMAZING story mode! I'm stupid excited!

Anyone hear if her combat portrait is final or not? I still feel it's kind of... underdone.

Anyone hear if her combat portrait is final or not? I still feel it's kind of... underdone.
It'll change to her character select screen portrait but, you know, fully colored and everything lol

Last edited:
New Eliza palettes for those who may not have seen them yet:

tumblr_nb12ihvpUt1r53v56o3_1280.jpg

I don't care what anyone says....
This is Rouge The Bat.

I kinda like that they're talking at the same time but, at the same time, I kinda dislike it.

Maybe I have someone living inside of me too.

Eliza's taunt - Sekhmet: "I have no weaknesses."
Oh, hey there line I suggested. Nice to see you found your way into the game.
:PUN:

Here you go, folks!
Many thanks. Went pause-happy while you scrolled through the palettes and managed to update the palette chart (post #1 of this topic). I think #17 is still Velvet (maybe it's the image size but it looks a lot like #20...) and I've no idea about #21 and #22...

@Cellsai - if you don't mind me prying, is palette #21 or #22 yours? If so, is it reference or original? (I recall you saying you were making a original one...)

Horace says "Jolly cooperation." after tagging Eliza in. HORACE CONFIRMED SUNBRO! \[T]/
7ed.gif

For those who miss the long tirade, Sekhmet sometimes says the other half, "For I remain!"
at the end of Lady of Slaughter

I've been thinking( I know,surprising right) and what would Eliza wish for with the skullheart? She is basiclly immortal and super powerful, what more could you want?

Here you go, folks!

I have always been hype for Eliza but after this video I think I fell in love with her again! I guess I didn't realize how much more voice acting they still had to add. She really sounds like a villain now! Not just someone mostly saying the names of her attacks. In particular I really liked:
  • Everything about the Lady of Slaughter super
  • "I give the orders!"
  • "You are broken!"
  • "Grind you in the dirt!"
  • And the added Sekhmet voice to existing lines like "Leave my sight!", "I hunt again", etc. makes it sound even more menacing
The new sound effects on her supers also add another really cool dimension to those attacks.

All her new palettes are fantastic. I especially like the the returning blood one. Given that we've already seen some old art from Alex depicting it I suspect this will be the palette that references part of her story mode (since almost all characters seem to have at least one of those). Speaking of which... UGH, her story mode... I need it...

TL;DR: Everything about Eliza is amazing.

I've been thinking( I know,surprising right) and what would Eliza wish for with the skullheart? She is basiclly immortal and super powerful, what more could you want?
I can bet you right now she wouldn't use the Skullheart, I feel like she's to aware of it's power to be dumb enough to wish on it.
Plus the Medici are making her seek it out.

She could eat the skull heart and gain all of it's powers to make an undead army so she could take over the Canopy Kingdom.

@Cellsai - if you don't mind me prying, is palette #21 or #22 yours? If so, is it reference or original? (I recall you saying you were making a original one...)
Similar palettes.png

Yup, #22 is mine.
It's not a reference to anything. I just like purple/black/white with hints of red and green color schemes.

...Someone on Tumblr identified her as Porrim Maryam from Homestuck.

I know nothing about Homestuck, but that palette looks really nice.

Cellsai you're the most lovable person on this forum. Fact.

The elusive Kimlihn making an appearance reminded me of a question I had:
What's the deal with Eliza and Fortune? It looks like she's gonna go cat-crazy and try to adopt her!
I wonder if there will be more there, I mean she actually has more lines for Fortune than she does for Cerebella (who I thought would be more prominent in her story mode)
Maybe that's what will make Eliza's story so great, she'll have major interaction with a lot of characters.

Again, I think she'll use the Skullheart as a key to reach the Trinity and make it the Quartet or, even better, "instate a monotheistic religion". :3

Anywho, just added the Seks to our art archive and, meanwhile, the good folks at the Wikia are doing their part and just added a updated palette chart (also linked in post #1).

So Palette #7 (Bloody Eliza) had me thinking about this bit of concept art from back in the day.
Eliza_Concept_2.jpg
And it got me thinking that this palette might be plot relevant. I don't know how powerful Eliza was when she fought with Sampson and Delilah but I have a theory that her blood palette is some sort of "awakened form" which Eliza gains after acquiring a lot of blood. This is running along with the idea that Eliza may acquire Ms. Fortune at some point and use the endless resources that the Lifegem provides to make a powerful play.

That or I could just be really tired from work and classes and a couple of characters already have full red palettes.

Not by a long shot. She doesn't even have any purple on her!
It's Rouge for the color blind. Don't be ableist!:PUN:

RUN, KITTY! RUN!
When the Eliza frame pack is released, I'm expecting someone to make a animation of Fortune running and Eliza flying after her.

Because Rainbow Mom is the height of fashion, she even gets a matching entourage:
3c0.jpg

Interesting that Albus references WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AH-AH-AAAA-HA-AH-AH-AHMARU.

Anyway, after a more attentive look at the Sekhmet concepts, took me a bit to notice how her fingers turn into mosquitoes in that last one. Really wish that one made it. Besides looking very cool in its own right, it reminds me a lot of Kurow's life drain Burning Vigor attack, that could only be accessed by super canceling a particular special move. (I miss the Rival Schools cast. So many great characters...)

Back