• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

amiibo!

DDB

The Annie guy
Reaction score
Steam
DDB of the Stars
PSN
DiddyBound
Unknown Ms. Fortune Cerebella
2809476-amiibo1.jpg

(This counts as gaming, right?)
Ahhh, amiibo. I thought I wouldn't get that many. Just the favorites like Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Ness... Sooner or later I seemed to take on the Pokemon approach.

Amiibo are like Skylanders or Disney Infinity figures, except of the many characters Nintendo has to offer. And instead of only working in one series of games, they work in several, becoming a sparring partner or teammate in Super Smash Bros, or unlocking content in other games.

Tomorrow, they're gonna be releasing the first of the Super Mario Bros. set, featuring new versions of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Yoshi, along with brand-new Toad. And for those lucky few, Gold Mario.

So, anyone else hop on this craze like I did?​

Reactions: BeatNinja
When's Jigglypuff Amiibo?

I have way to many of these, however I'm infatuated with my Ike at the moment.

I have a nice little collection going right now too. I recently came across a Samus, the first live one I've seen and snatched that shit up. Too bad she's kinda tilted to the left like a drunk.

I only got me a Link Amiibo. Funny story bout it actually. I was at my local Gamestop picking up a few games, and I went to their cafe to grab dinner, and at the spot I sat at was a fully unwrapped Link Amiibo just sitting there. The spot had obviously been cleaned recently. So I sat down and took a good 15 minutes to eat mah dinner. Nobody came by to grab it. So I just grabbed it and took it home.

I swear I'm not a thief! Though I named my Link thief in honor of this and in reference to Link's Awakening.

What a coincidence, I was at a cafe with my new Link Amiibo when I heard that my grandmother had broken her hip, my house was on fire, and my dog had died, all at the same time. I rushed home and broke both of my legs on the way, necessitating a painful crawl to the nearest ER. After two weeks in traction and a medical bill that I couldn't afford to pay off, I hobbled back to the cafe to retrieve my Link Amiibo, the only bastion of light in the dark pit of despair that my life had so quickly become. And yet it wasn't there...

I have a handful of these, but am not interested in a full collection. Just grabbing my favorite characters and/or cool looking guys.
I am waiting on that rumor of Splatoon Amiibo to become reality. I need some inklings on my shelf.

I do love NFC technology in general so I'm hoping Nintendo does more with Amiibo than unlocking hats in the future.

Waiting for the Beach Shulk Amiibo. Can't wait for the ingame unlocks with that one

I have a Pit and Link amiibo. I love Kid Icarus so I am waiting for Palutena to come out and if Dark Pit becomes an amiibo, I'm buying it ASAP.

I just have a Toon Link right next to my waluigi plushie chilling on the Wii U
he is a friend

I said I'd only get Toad of the SMB set.

And yet here I am with all 6. Along with Gold Mario.

rugrats-gifs-stu-stirs.gif

I have a good chunk of the Amiibos as a collection with 4 fully trained in Smash bros.

Of the (Currently) Common Ones I have Mario, Kirby, Link, Donkey Kong, Peach, Samus, Zelda, Yoshi, Luigi, Diddy Kong, Bowser, Toon Link, Sheik, Mega Man, Sonic and Toad.

Of the (Currently) pain in the arse to find ones I have Wii Fit Trainer, Fox, Little Mac, Pit, Captain Falcon and Rosalina & Luma.

Ike & King Dedede are waiting on their second wave preorders and I am also waiting for the pre-orders to go up for the Six in Wave 4 of the Smash related ones.

Peach, Link, Mario and Capt. Falcon are fully trained and as a team can defeat 4 Level 9 CPU's in Smash Bros Wii U.

I wonder when are we getting our Skullgirls amiibos... I want my custom trained solobella.

(but seriously.. I wish I had money to get me a WiiU)

Reactions: Magma442
Sadly it would be a very small collection.

When's aniibo
You just gave me the motivation to 3d print the Annie model I'm working on..

Reactions: North888
CA0ieQHWwAALjHB.jpg

EDIT: Please note this is not my collection. Just some random thing I saw on Twitter.

I sincerely hope you people have better storage solutions for these things than tossing them in a box.

This photo makes me feel uncomfortable.

Last edited:
I keep 'em on a shelf.

I'm starting to run out of room, though...

Damn it you have the golden Mario? AND THE ROSALINA ONE? HMPH~ I am so jelly right now

Damn it you have the golden Mario? AND THE ROSALINA ONE? HMPH~ I am so jelly right now
I got two Rosalina's due to a miscommunication with my brother who said he needed one. Get on my level yo.

I keep 'em on a shelf.
I'm starting to run out of room, though...

I bought a shelving unit with 4 tiers and decided my Disney Infinity and Amiibo stuff could have the top shelf, with the rest going to my other gaming crap. I had to buy a second unit last week now that DI and Amiibo have swallowed the entire first one.

My Amiibos have taken over the top of my Autograph case, as in literally on top of it.

Poor Toad is on my stereo.

I am curious as to how my Fox, Toon Link, Zelda and Sheik amiibos will react in their respective upcoming games.

I got a japanese rosalina because it's more available then the stock we have in the states.

I want to unbox and actually touch them.
But................................................................................

I know when Zero Suit Samus comes out that will be an immediate unboxing to finish up my fanfic with Shulk and Link.

What a coincidence, I was at a cafe with my new Link Amiibo when I heard that my grandmother had broken her hip, my house was on fire, and my dog had died, all at the same time. I rushed home and broke both of my legs on the way, necessitating a painful crawl to the nearest ER. After two weeks in traction and a medical bill that I couldn't afford to pay off, I hobbled back to the cafe to retrieve my Link Amiibo, the only bastion of light in the dark pit of despair that my life had so quickly become. And yet it wasn't there...
bruh

Out of curiosity I did try my Toad Amiibo on Smash Bros: it said the Amiibo was not compatable, so no random gifts from Toad there.
Also just from looking at the playable roster Toadette is going to be getting an Amiibo as well, and watching someone play the Amiibo Bowser Board revealed what Boawser Jr's Super Mario AMiibo is going to look like with him leaping into the air.

So Bravely Default is kind of a flagship DS title and involves a lot of costume changing. I'm guessing there'll be another game with Amiibo Mario hats in our future.

Also, BD Amiibos when.

Reactions: DDB and North888
Ringabell amiibo...please nintendo.

When's Mike Tyson Amiibo!?

When's Mike Tyson Amiibo!?

If you mean Little Mac you missed him by a wide margin last December.

If you Mean Mr. Sandman (the name of Tyson's character in the Punchout games now), I dunno. Maybe when there is another Punch Out Game.

Well CRAP now I am going to have to race home, change clothes and race to Gamestop to Pre-order Ness after work, along with all the others of the Smash Wave.

And we still have no solid release Date for Marth's return.

Instantly buying Dark Pit, Palutena and the wooly Yoshi. It's just too adorable.

yosh-720x404.jpg