• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

amiibo!

Jigglypuff?

Got that shit on lock.

Target JUST Opened the preorders for the Jigglypuff amiibo which is exclusive to them.

As a heads up to any Canucks wanting the amiibo, all of our Targets are closing and this is only to the US target stores. We'll probably have to wait until we get an announcement on how Jigglypuff will come out here.

SHe's already gone too!

Ness I going to be insane in a few hours

I managed to preorder my Ness amiibo. The line was oddly short, but the people there were nice.

So wait, are these things only released for a limited time?

Might as well be, considering their increasing rarity.

I tried for all 6 Smash ones at Gamestop, and while 8th in line had a front row seat to the Gamestop Website, restricted to Stores only (they literally shut down the website to everyone else from 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. Central time) saw they still had massive lag with just the stores trying to make all the orders, Splatoon Amiibos included.

they took down info from the oh...15-17 people in line and would call to tell that they had 24 hours to come in and pay for their orders as well as what they had managed to get, if anything.

I went back 3 hours later (stopping by on my way to get an early dinner, save them a phone call and pay if possible.) They were still trying to put in the last of the orders AND it was so bad that the first person in line had not gotten Robin & Lucina on her order for the 6 Pack. Being 8th in line I only got Ness & Pac Man out of my order.

If I get lucky the other 4 might show up on my order but it is a long shot and looks like it will be Day Of Hunting for me when they are released on the 29th

Wave 4 trickles out into the hands of who knows.

ntTUP7z.jpg

Toys R' Us did make an announcement: Monday April 27 there will be a LIMITED in store Pre-order for Greninja at every Toys R' US Nationwide to make up for the internet fiasco. It will be Mandatory 1 per person and each store will get a specific number of pre-orders.

I've managed preorders for Ness, Charizard, and Pac-Man so far.

Robin and Lucina are gonna be the hard ones...

I'll probably be able to do what I did with Lucario and Rosalina for Greninja and Jiggs, though.

I also want the Splatoon set.

I managed to get Jigglypuff, Ness and Pac-Man (being 8th in line helped at Gamestop, but not by much. Lady who was first in line did not even get Robin & Lucina and she just wanted the 6-pack) and I'm going to try something tomorrow to see if someone I know can get a Greninja In-store preorder for me.

Edit: Almost forgot: It's Pac-Man AND Greninja who can be pre-ordered on that one day at Toys R' Us. If you want the Yellow Ghost Eater as well as the Ninja Frog there's your chance if you missed them.

Last edited:
I've managed to get fuck all.

Envy me.

Hoping to get lucky with Robin and Ness sometime though...

Whoo, I got Pit and Falcon for my birthday. Once I have Shulk from the May preorders I'll have all of waves 1-3.

WHY CAN'T I GET A MEGA MAN?! *cries*

Nintendo are cute.

The kanji for 'knit' is 編, which is read as Ami.
The kanji for 'paper' is 紙, which is read as Kami.

Wool Yoshi and Animal Crossing cards are 編イボ and 紙イボ, or Amiibo and Kamiibo.

Also, I've been seeing ads for the Splatoon Amiibo popping up all over the place here. They're doing a huge push on them in the usual JP department stores. They clearly seem to finally be aware that Amiibo are a huge selling point, so I wonder will they actually bump production numbers from Splatoon onwards?

(PS I need Splatoon Amiibo right now omigod)

91dQTV2xRJL._SL1500_.jpg

Are these the first Amiibo who's poses don't match the box art?

Does anyone actually want the male Inkling amiibo.

Real talk. I didn't even know there was a male Inkling.

Does anyone actually want the male Inkling amiibo.
I must have them all.

Reactions: SmashBlade
tumblr_nmm6u3FYgD1u3akyno1_540.jpg

Splatoon amiibo box report! So…check this out. This is kinda crazy. One of our interns discovered this amiibo box off in the corner of Inkopolis plaza! From what we’re hearing, using an Inkling amiibo in front of this thing will bring it to life in the game! Apparently each amiibo will offer 20 challenges that will really put your Octo Valley skills to the test! Oh, it’s on, amiibo. It. Is. ON!
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/116066559004/splatoon-amiibo-box-report-so-check-this-out

I guess many around here in my country arn't that into Amiibo. I was with my younger brother in a somewhat nearby city and walked by 2 gaming stores that sold Amiibos. The ones on the shelfes were some Megaman, Capt. Falco, Pit, Ness Villager and Rosetta amiibos and few Mario and Link ones.

2 weeks later I was on another chore at the city and walked by the gaming stores, the amiibos I mentioned were on the exact same spots since last time I saw them.

Last edited:
That's pretty magical, finding a Ness on the shelves weeks before he's even supposed to be out.

So...who got lucky and was able to make it to Toys R'Us this morning and get Greninja and/or Pac-Man preordered?

The nearest Toys R'Us for me is an hour away, so no sadly.

I got that Greninja on lock.

And it's only another week or so until my Shulk comes in.

And it's only another week or so until my Shulk comes in.

Where did you get Shulk? I've been looking for Shulk for a long time now.

I got one of those May 1st preorders that went out back sometime in March.

I missed the Shulk Pre-order for wave 2 and am going to hope for luck hunting Day of this Friday.

Anyone confirm if Shulk does anything in Xenoblade Chronicles X?

They haven't confirmed Amiibo support for Xenoblade Chronicles X yet. It is out in Japan now so maybe we'll hear something soon from JP.