• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

amiibo!

Man, Amiibo fever has hit Japan hard with this wave. Took 3 department stores to find anywhere selling anything but Warios. My last stop for the night had a couple of Lizardons and Pac-Man. The clerk laughed at me when I asked if there were any Robin, Lucia or Ness.

Man, Amiibo fever has hit Japan hard with this wave. Took 3 department stores to find anywhere selling anything but Warios.
tumblr_mlm2xnDaU71rrftcdo1_500.gif

Is he just not a popular character?

Reactions: Raging_Zoroark
Mario characters get thrice the stock and shelf space.

I just pre-ordered Dark Pit from the UK, which is the one of the three amiibos I really wanted to get/buy. I'm so hyped. I just require Palutena and Shulk now.

My Sister got me a Shulk amiibo for my Birthday, bless her soul.

Woop woop. Found a Lucina. Now just need a Robin and Ness.

Also, I seem to have accidentally gone back in time:

CD_u-KkUgAA03Zx.jpg

Last edited:
I know some people would KILL for such a chance. That's like MARIO level stock for Villager, there.

Yeah but that's the reprint of Villager, who has a giant-ass forehead. Compare, dear friends:

YsrZxTR.jpg

aBPCQCA.png

Im still trying to get Lucina, Only one of Wave 5 I actually wanted.

Old villagers eyes always felt too far apart for me and new villager now has too low. The factories making these are really good at messing up even the most simple of things arent they? Aside from ones like Double Arm Cannon Samus

u gon keep thos extras

il take em off ur hands

I spoke to a Gamestop Employee earlier this afternoon to get some info. Apparently No one knows where the Shulks that were supposed to be released this past Friday are, not even the online ordered ones.

Smooth Move Gamestop.

3 Lucina's!
Dangit I want to get 1 lucina without paying a ton of money. Of course shes not even released over here till May 29th so maybe if I'm lucky ill find one around that time. Then be on edge to pre order Palutena, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, SMB/Mario Party 10 Rosalina and a Light Blue Yarn Yoshi to complete my little shelf here.

I also have Ness and Splatoon 3 pack on pre order.
yu8flrt.jpg

Unless they release something like a Riki, Krystal, Wolf, Toadette, Pokken Tournament ones, or Dry Bones (Unlikely) that would probably be it for me.

I spoke to a Gamestop Employee earlier this afternoon to get some info. Apparently No one knows where the Shulks that were supposed to be released this past Friday are, not even the online ordered ones.

Smooth Move Gamestop.
Wait what

What's going on with the Shulks

I ORDERED ONE OF THOSE

Reyn, you're a lifesaver.

WHATA BUNCHA JOKAHS

I found out that I'll be getting Shulk for my birthday too. He's a JP import but I'm not that hard core of a collector to care about where it's from. I open them up for display anyways. He'll also be the first amiibo I actually use for games. Weird right?

Here is a Shulk FAQ from Reddit that might be useful for what's happening with him: https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/34f8lz/may_1st_shulk_faq/

Nice score Cellsai.

Cellsai, nice job on those pickups. Looks like I will have to go looking for Shulk elsewhere having missed the second order chance.

I honestly thought the 3 Lucinas were 3 Merths until I looked closer after Excarius spoke up.

Any of you in the North Texas area, there is a place hosting an Amiibo Team Tournament in a few weeks. You have to Team with your Amiibo in 1 round Double Elimination Tournament. I'm adjusting the training on my amiibos to figure out who to take.

Managed to snag Robin for 20 bucks on Yesassia. They have him, Lucina, Pit, Lucario, and Rosalina among others in-stock.

Just found a Mega Man. Cost me $21.99 from a local Gamers due to online price for rarity. They also had a couple Villagers, but eh, I didn't care about Villager.

I want Shulk so bad. I want it to be Reyn Time NOW!

Really? My local TRU had a bunch for 12.99 last week, guess I got lucky.

Also, I seem to have accidentally gone back in time:

All them Little Macs, Villagers and Capt. Falcons are now gone off the shelves in most stores. All TRUs got about the same number so the demand for these things is getting ridiculous.

So, what are the next amiiboes coming out, when, and which ones are going to fetch me the most on ebay?

No, YOU listen. Unless you want to feed and pay for my electricity, don't go judging what I have to do to care for myself. Now, which of these ameebs is my next meal ticket?

Robin and Lucina.

Reactions: zarkingphoton
All I want is Duck Hunt and a mass production of Captain Falcon

Someone got hard numbers on what USA Targets are getting and did their own math breaking it down per store.

This is going to suck.

Well we already knew that it was gonna suck.

To be spread among the USA Targets (mind you this is JUST TARGET ALONE) we have

57,008 Jigglypuffs
12,240 Charizards
18,928 Pac-Mans
9,334 Smash bros Warios
18,880 Silver Marios
5,680 Robins
5,680 Lucinas
7,248 Inkling Boys
7,248 Inkling Girls
10,192 Splatoon 3-paks

And worst of al numbers wise:

4,016 Marths

This will be a pain in the ass.

Edit: And no this is not counting how many are already gone to online pre-orders

Toys4Gamescast just got a mysterious package from Japan full of stuff for an Amiibo giveaway.

https://twitter.com/Toys4GamesCast/status/597898547481063424

They'll be doing a podcast in the next few days giving away one of each of Wave 4 (minus Robin), plus Villager, Little Mac and Captain Falcon. Tune in if you wanna nab one~

Reactions: TechPowah
So a friend got some extra marth and ikes.

I get them.

WE LIKE IKE!

Just got my Ike in from Gamestop. I be jellin now.

I might need to move up my second trip to Japan.

Okay so these things look absolutely fantastic.

We're getting closer to the 29th, and here's some info from Target via an Internal Memo that got posted to Reddit.

Low Volume Stores will no be receiving Robin & Lucina at all.
Amiibos will be max 2 per person.

The first one is bad enough but the second really screws over anyone at a High volume store who's not at least 5th in line.