• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

In my defense I started watching it a few weeks ago. By episode 2 I was bored and stopped. Shortly after I found Watamote(which I love) and because of that I haven't thought about continuing GL at all recently.
I recommend at least watching til up before the time skip. theres a lot that happens after episode 8, and Simon gets some great character development.

We like fighting games. We like manga.
So ... what about that Daigo manga?
Anybody else read it? It's actually not that bad.

I read a few pages of it, I didnt particularly like it that much. It's trying to glorify him more than it is trying to tell his origin story. I mean i get that hes a fighting game legend, but I dont like that the manga plays that up even more so.

stuff im watching now are:

Attack on Titan
Yami Shibai
Watamote
and also been meaning to catch up on 'The Eccentric Family'.

my favorite reads so far are/were One Piece and Binbougami Ga! (the latter unfortunately had just concluded somewhat recently).

EDIT: totally forgot, but digging the Daigo manga too. i still lose it just looking at Justin and the giant "LET'S GO JUSTIN" spread before his appearance, loool.

There's a manga about Daigo?
Is Woolie in it?

No, but Alex Valle is along with Justin Wong.

Damn. Was hoping to see his glorious dreadlocks drawn with such detail

When there's a manga about two bisexual girls, pie thievery, Hulk, and when Mahvel is, then you'll know it's about Woolie.

Reactions: Jutsei
There's a manga about Daigo?
Is Woolie in it?
the bigger question... does Woolie's heart go "Doki Doki"?

When there's a manga about two bisexual girls, pie thievery, Hulk, and when Mahvel is, then you'll know it's about Woolie.
Correction, BROKEN Hulk dolls.

Correction, BROKEN Hulk dolls.

That was before now it's anything Hulk related that Woolie adores.

Right now my list is:
Attack on Titan
Watamote
Psycho-Pass
Nekomonogatari (Monogatari Second Season)
Dongan Ronpa

shows i stopped watching and will EVENTUALLY get arond to
Birdy the Mighty
Tokyo Majin
Future Diary

Just finished reading Oniisama E. Wait, is it like the first shoujo title in this topic since it first started?

...Nah, I've talked about Penguindrum earlier IIRC.

Anyway, hum it's very not-lighthearted. You'd think it'd be a pretty sugercoated romance, but instead it deals with quite a large amount of bullying, drug abuse, suicide and of course incest. And despite its name, it has a surprisingly low amount of male characters in it (it has 3 and only 1 that actually matters).

SexyCommando.jpg

Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoi yo!! Masaru-san
By: Kyosuke Usuta

Synopsis

Wakame High School's extracurricular "Sexy Commando Club" consists of 5-6 male members including the Principal, a female manager, and a small mysterious pet. The strange art of Sexy Commando, which extends back to Japan's Muromachi period, is a martial one; however, instead of focusing on how to defeat an opponent with physical force, the art focuses on how to distract the opponent to the point he's unable to fight. There are many techniques, though the Club tends to favor the unzipping of the trousers.

If you're a fan of comedy & slice of life mangas then this one is for you. It's my second favorite manga of all time.

It consistently avoids the obvious gags found in typical shonen comedy and instead challenges you with its clever satire and wit.

Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoi yo!! Masaru-san

Give a read. You won't be disappointed.

Oh, and the anime adaption is just as great.​

Zeriam after reading and watching all of that, all I can think about is this.

Last edited:
That guy is good, but he's got nothing on Masaru. Watch the series and you'll see what I mean. Masaru invented the WTF term before it was even a thing.

Reactions: Denizen
So I was watching this satirical anime about the decline of humanity called Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, and this scene comes up at the end of the first episode:

I enjoy the fact that this anime derives most of its humor from satire (no cheap gags/fanservice so far). The female lead is smart and pretty snarky, and the fairies are great. Lastly, I dare you to try doing the dance in the opening without breaking your back.

Hmm, I seem to have missed Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita. I should check it out, satire and black humor sound right up my alley. Not to mention a rather interesting genre: Post-apocalyptic Comedy :D

Reactions: Lemonade Grenade
I was wondering when someone was going to mention Humanity Has Declined.

The light novels are really sick.

Is The Heroine as depressing in the anime as she is in the novels?

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita was great. It's one of my personal Top 10 anime, but it's really not for everyone.

Plus it did the Endless Eight right, almost as good as Tatami Galaxy did.

Speaking of Anime, all three of the "Big Animes" this season are ending in very quick and successive order.
Free, SnK, and the Dangan Ronpa Anime.
I fear for tumblr without their guidance.

So, Free, SNK, and Dangan Ronpa ended in quick succession.
Their age is over, right?
Well...
Second Season of Free, SnK has another Season to go, and they confirmed Super Dangan Ronpa 2's anime.

Was there ever any word of some kinda of new season/characters/story arc for Angel Beats? I remember seeing rumors a year ago or so. Havent heard anything of it since.

Was there ever any word of some kinda of new season/characters/story arc for Angel Beats? I remember seeing rumors a year ago or so. Havent heard anything of it since.
About that look what got recently announced...
50098a4890cc94de899bf3f88610969d1380310509_full.jpg

An adventure game of Angel Beats! (was expecting visual novel) is coming Spring 2014. The rumors of a game was expected for a great while but this is the first time anything official was mentioned about it since then. Expect the game to cover details that the anime/manga adaptions didn't go over. Like over half of the SS cast didn't have no character development and they badly need it.

I'd get it but Im going to connect a few dots.

Game based off of an anime that isnt big 3. Probably wont leave Japan.
I could import. But that's expensive. Also dont speak moonrunes.
Most JP devs couldnt give two fucks about xbox. I dont have Playstation or Nintendo.

Chances are I wont be able to play it.

EDIT: Wait a minute. I forgot we have a man on the inside. Ill have to ask Cellsai to translate shit from that magazine come november. I need them details. Also who the fuck is that blonde chick? I dont recognize her. Its also been over a solid year since I watched Angel Beats so my memory could just be fuzzy. Is that the playable protagonist in the game?

I could import. But that's expensive. Also dont speak moonrunes.
Heh, Moonrunes. I've never heard that one before.

Heh, Moonrunes. I've never heard that one before.
You havent? Last time I checked it was meme slang when referring to the japanese language. I thought everybody knew that already >.>

Unless you were being sarcastic. English language desperately needs an accent symbol or something for sarcasm. It makes the internet difficult not having one.

You havent? Last time I checked it was meme slang when referring to the japanese language. I thought everybody knew that already >.>

Unless you were being sarcastic. English language desperately needs an accent symbol or something for sarcasm. It makes the internet difficult not having one.
I hear Moon'speak' all the time. I've never heard Moon'runes' before.

I think moonspeak is the spoken language, and moonrunes is the written part which honestly is kind of redundant. Its the same language regardless.

i need to google where this shit started now that i think about it.

English language desperately needs an accent symbol or something for sarcasm. It makes the internet difficult not having one.
That's funny, because the closest we got for a sarcasm symbol is the irony mark -> ؟

Anyway, anyone excited for the new Shinichiro Watanabe anime?

Also who the fuck is that blonde chick?

Right before Angel Beats it says "Little Busters! ~Refrain~" in your so called moon runes, so the blonde chick might be related to that.

Reactions: XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Oh and there is a "&" symbol between them so she is probably not related to Angel Beats then. That makes sense. I seen a high school looking girl holding a gun next to one that I already knew and assumed they were connected somehow.

Where did we get word of a second season for SnK? Someone hook me up with a link.

Oh and there is a "&" symbol between them so she is probably not related to Angel Beats then. That makes sense. I seen a high school looking girl holding a gun next to one that I already knew and assumed they were connected somehow.
I'm no expert on moonrunes, but i think it says "Little Busters ~Refrain~ & Angel Beats - Scoop! AB! Game confirmed!". Can't figure out if its a mashup game of those two series, or just two separate games.

So....

How about that Kill la Kill? Like, dislike, no strong feelings one way or the other?

Can't say about kill la kill yet. It looks like a decent actionish fanservicy anime.

Mostly reminds me of Star Driver so far, with less gay. :P

Where did we get word of a second season for SnK? Someone hook me up with a link.
I heard they havent talked about making one so that way the manga can get ahead, so it can kinda be viewed as a way of saying "we want to make a second season but we will be patient about it"

wouldn't mind a movie to help us with the wait though.