• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project Annie of the Stars fangame

Possible villains
How about EVIL lawmakers trying to shut down Canopy's Space Program CAPA!
That turned out better than expected.

Hrm...

- Peacock's minions like bombs
- Skullgirl skeletons (this itself has lots of room for variety - mob skeletons, gigan skull skeletons, flying skulls)
- Medici mobsters
- Double catellites
- Other mini-Double offshoots
- Samson hair monsters (like fenrir wolves, hairballs, etc.)
- Dagonians (like the tougher ones in the background of Little Innsmouth)
- Ottomos (sure, there's onl
- Dahlia's bunny girl minions (see Squigly story mode)

Some ideas off the top of my head.

Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
On the topic of enemies...
tumblr_mt175y0VJk1sfyz7mo1_400.png

Who fears mutated bats more, Annie or Painwheel...?

Reactions: No longer exist
Annie of the Stars fangame Contest #1: Anomalous Abominations

...Skullheart edition post

tumblr_inline_mt4pt12XrI1s7up50.png

Lab 0, full of mystery and secrecy. What lies ahead in this mysterious Laboratory? What other immoral experiments have they done…?

In this contest, you must create a freaky enemy design for Painwheel’s stage. Simple huh?

Here are the rules:

Contest begins September 14th and ends on September 24th.

You must include a color palette, name, and attack pattern for your enemy design. COLOR PALETTE CANNOT EXCEED 5 COLORS

Pixels/Hand/Computer drawings are all allowed

You can submit up to 5 designs. other submissions past 5 will not be judged.

Post your design in this thread. Yes, this one.

The most important rule: Have fun!

Prizes? Prizes!

Name credit in the…credits.

Your design will be sprited and used in the game

Your design drawn by a member of the Annie game team

Love and admiration from the Annie game team! We love you all.

Reactions: No longer exist
Your design drawn by a member of the Annie game team
I'm a member of the team and I've been taking lessons from a man named Oliver (age 24), here's some quality assurance:
kISoKXd.png
I kid, we'll get one of our more artistically adept members to draw your design.

Last edited:
I'm a member of the team and I've been taking lessons from a man named Oliver, here's some quality assurance:
kISoKXd.png
I kid, we'll get one of our more artistically adept members to draw your design.

Aw man really? That's some quality in game art.

I might try and make an enemy! I'd love to have my name in the credits! Oh wait...

I'm a member of the team and I've been taking lessons from a man named Oliver, here's some quality assurance:
kISoKXd.png
Metal alligator Harry Potter?

Looks really good so far. :)

Not much else I can say on it, as I personally have the drawing ability of a burning chocolate tractor... with no wheels, but it definitely looks like a great potential title screen.

I hope you guys put a good tune for the title screen like this:

Also will there be more midbosses that we'll get a chance to audition for besides the bat?

We'll probably need some monster/enemy noises eventually, but I imagine these'll mostly be grunting noises.

We'll probably need some monster/enemy noises eventually, but I imagine these'll mostly be grunting noises.

I'M REALLY GOOD AT MONSTER STUFF!

Think like... L4D zombie/special sounds and Gears of War Locusts... especially boomers.

That's my specialty!

Gimmie a ring when you need them!

I would like to be of assistance as well.

Quick poll: Should Annie be able to chain her attacks similar to Zero? (3 hits of course)
3533.gif

Major difference from Zero is her ability to chain air and crouching attacks as well, similar to Skullgirls.

chaining attacks would require tougher enemies, and it'd keep her more time in the attacking animation

still, it's cool as hell. if you can do the sprites for it, i say GO FOR IT!

chaining attacks would require tougher enemies, and it'd keep her more time in the attacking animation

still, it's cool as hell. if you can do the sprites for it, i say GO FOR IT!
or it could be for attacking enemies ina row!~ =w=

Quick poll: Should Annie be able to chain her attacks similar to Zero? (3 hits of course)
3533.gif

Major difference from Zero is her ability to chain air and crouching attacks as well, similar to Skullgirls.
Depends on final gameplay decisions. Little things like, "do bosses gain temporary invulnerability after being hit?" (a la Mega Man) might make multi-swing animations totally superfluous.

From an aesthetic and functional standpoint, I think a 2-swing animation would be perfectly sufficient. Those first two swings in your test animation would loop perfectly, allowing the player to continuously swing without timing interruptions.

We could just make it so in boss fights the first 2 hits only do damage while the last one will cause them to flinch, granting them temporary invulnerability and giving you time to get out of the way of their attacks.

We could just make it so in boss fights the first 2 hits only do damage while the last one will cause them to flinch, granting them temporary invulnerability and giving you time to get out of the way of their attacks.
So what about catching them in the air? You'd have to hit them three times to stun them?

Stun from first hit in air, stun on third hit on ground, slow down how quickly any charging attacks charge, increasing damage with each of the three chained hits. Sound good?

Stun from first hit in air, stun on third hit on ground, slow down how quickly any charging attacks charge, increasing damage with each of the three chained hits. Sound good?
Sounds good to me.

So check this out: since this game has been announced, I'm pretty sure no one minds if I make an illustration to spread it's existence. :)
Toddabella sempai ;.;
Yeaah well, I guess that's fine, it's not like we wanted you to or anything >///>

Yeaah well, I guess that's fine, it's not like we wanted you to or anything >///>
yeah! its not like we want awesome fanart or anything! JEEZ!

It will be about Annie takin' stuff out and takin' names.
you. shut up. you do enough damage to our reputation as is.

Really cool can't wait to see more, keep up the good work.