• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Apr 24, 2015] Northwest Majors 2015 (Des Moines, WA)

Just cancelled flight and hotel tickets as well as registration, staying home.
CAkfVBJWsAAFGgF.png

I'm taking a flight at the buttcrack of dawn Thursday morning, I'll get there at like 1:30 PM local time probably. Somebody PLEASE play Skullgirls with me on Thursday so I'm not bored all day (I probably won't have a setup)

Hey everyone, today is your last day to get in on our early registration period. If you register before tonight (Tuesday, March 24th) at 11:59pm Pacific, you save $15 for food, money matches, and more.

If you've already registered or are unable to attend, please help us out in spreading the word!

To keep up to date our Facebook event is at https://www.facebook.com/events/1476682912587898/ and we're on twitter @northwestmajors

We'll have a tentative schedule out in about a week's time. As always let me, @Hilary, or @Domo know if you have any questions!

someone pack Mike in their luggage and bring him

@Hilary, @Domo, @Loz: I'll be arriving in Seattle on the 16th. Where can I enjoy some SGE or XRD casuals while I'm in town before NWM?

Xrd, I would check the PNW Airdasher group on facebook. They'll have a much better idea.

SG is a little tougher to arrange since we're usually pretty spread out and rely on meeting up at monthlies/weeklies which aren't happening until after NWM, but let me know what part of town you'll be in.

So I can bring a ps3 for sure, It sound likes Jayford can bring one as well. At the very least we will have a setup for casuals and stuff.

Also I propose we play casuals in a hotel room while playing the Emperor's New Groove in the Background

Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
So I can bring a ps3 for sure, It sound likes Jayford can bring one as well. At the very least we will have a setup for casuals and stuff.

Also I propose we play casuals in a hotel room while playing the Emperor's New Groove in the Background

We'll need 2-3 PS3+Monitor setups for brackets, but we've got two at least between PNW, which doesn't include the laptops we all have anyways.

Laptop casuals would be more than easy to facilitate, plus whatever stations free up.

That's one of my favorite Disney movies! I still haven't seen the sequel but I hear it is pretty good.

Will you be there on Thursday? I get there super early and will need something to do

NWM SG room confirmed to have my laptop playing The Emperor's New Groove and Kronks New Groove in the background

Last edited:
Xrd, I would check the PNW Airdasher group on facebook. They'll have a much better idea.

SG is a little tougher to arrange since we're usually pretty spread out and rely on meeting up at monthlies/weeklies which aren't happening until after NWM, but let me know what part of town you'll be in.
I'm in Tacoma. Game Clucks sounds like a pretty cool place. I'm going to check them out tonight. I'll check out PNW Airdashers on FB too. Thanks for the info.

That movie really is incredible though

We almost in there, folks

So I'm getting there Thursday afternoon at like 2 PM. So I'll need things to do on Thursday or Friday. If anyone wants to hang out/play games/watch both Emperor's New Groove movies/get food/converse about life/talk about headless Fortune/drop the hottest mixtape of 2015 holla at yo boy. I didn't realize that there was basically nothing going on until Saturday (oh well, more time to hang out with you people!)

I imagine they'll be a station set up for casuals SOMEWHERE?

So I'm getting there Thursday afternoon at like 2 PM. So I'll need things to do on Thursday or Friday. If anyone wants to hang out/play games/watch both Emperor's New Groove movies/get food/converse about life/talk about headless Fortune/drop the hottest mixtape of 2015 holla at yo boy. I didn't realize that there was basically nothing going on until Saturday (oh well, more time to hang out with you people!)

I imagine they'll be a station set up for casuals SOMEWHERE?
Friday is just for casuals and cool exhibition matches at the venue

So a better question to ask: who will be there on Friday?

Jay and I will arrive friday morning at 11:20AM

EDIT: Just a bit of a PSA

WE WILL ACCEPT CASH ONLY AT THE DOOR!!!
There is no convenient cash machine in the area, so BRING CASH
This is important

OR/WA folks that are driving:

If you have a low input lag monitor that you can bring, please do. If you don't know if your monitor is sound for tourney play, check the db here: http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

I would recommend labeling it with your name+cell beforehand and using packing tape to secure the label, but we should have a means to label them at the venue as well.

You can let me know in this thread, but it'd be appreciated if you could sign it in here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16lEz4KP9qpy3m_v9pV64E07_YYEvENsnc-CtxJknQvE/viewform