• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Aug 28, 2015] Summer Jam 9 - $1,000 in Pot Bonuses & SG Pre-Reg (Essington, PA)

Man, after barely popping my head out of my little hole for Combo Breaker, and even then I'm sure absolutely nobody remembers my beautiful face, I really wanted to go to this. Sure I'm a trash-tier player, but turnout is turnout right? Anyways, I've put in too many requests for time off of work in the last few months, which really sucks, cause this was close enough to me that I could drive and be there in a day and be ready to go, which hard given the location of most other tournaments. D:

Put in a request for time off from your immune system.

Reactions: No longer exist
I can't think of a more on-topic thing to post:

SJ9-and-NEC16-pot-bonus.png

Show up.

Last edited:
Finally, these are announced! Lab Zero put the money where the community wanted to go, and I think that's amazing :D

Thank you, @render!

A heads-up to everyone that the cost of pre-reg goes up on the 1st of August (~1 week from now).

A heads-up to everyone that the cost of pre-reg goes up on the 1st of August (~1 week from now).

^^^ This... we're getting the push, gentlemen & ladies, so let's not stand on ceremony. It's almost time to put a show for the whole FGC the likes of which they've never seen before!

Speaking of pre-reg, I'm fairly certain that I did. Should I shoot an email Big E's way to double check?

Reactions: No longer exist
Put in a request for time off from your immune system.
If only it were that easy D: I'd need at least 2-3 days off to be able to do, and my work is an asshole. You have to call in sick and then make up time you missed otherwise you get an occurrence and are penalized for it. We only get a full sick day once every 4 months D:

With the extra $500 added and the whole 64 ppl requirement I really wanted to come out to a fairly close by (15 hour drive may be a bit of a stretch for "close" but I've done worse) event, but it just aint gonna work out. Hopefully yall will be able to get the numbers even without my skilless face being present. Good luck is all I can really say at this point Q_Q

Next paycheck, definitely preregistering

Also need to get my plane ticket [emoji14]

So if i happen to bring all of my kusoge (melty blood, Ef's laf, Histensoku and other shit) who's willing to play with me?!?
afk

Reactions: Cadenza
pretty sure I registered for this event before SG was on the game list. I'll check tonight and register lol

I registered, now please tell me if we're going to be playing on PS3 or PS4 so I can actually know this time and practice with the correct controller =p

DS4s work on PS3, my advice is use a DS4. :^)
But I prefer the ps3 controller D:, at least for skullgirls.

How do people feel about the tourney being run on PS4 instead of PS3? I'm talking with Big E about providing codes and he's wondering if he should stick to PS3 for Summer Jam and moving to PS4 for NEC.

I suggested running SJ9 on both PS3/PS4 and then top 8 on PS4, like we did for EVO. Thoughts? Please chime in if you have an opinion on it.

I'm running the Xanadu monthly before Summer Jam on PS4 & PS3, with bias toward PS4. We're clearly migrating toward PS4 and we should definitely prefer it, but I don't want it to be hurdle for DualShock 3 users who would otherwise be willing to enter.

Reactions: earlfriend
I prefer ps3 because I have a lot of input problems with the ps4 controller. Even though ps4 controllers still work on ps3 I can still respect it if we default to Ps4. I won't like it, and I'll have to try and get used to a new controller in a months time but what can you do.

in a moments time bae

I'm going to be bringing both my ps3 and ps4 setups for casuals/tourney/testing/whatever so people can do what they want. If people find they can't use the ps4 for whatever reason I guess we can just set it aside for casuals but I'd really prefer ps4 because it means it will actually get some long term use.

I think I prefer PS4 because better hardware.

Whatever you choose to do I strongly recommend keeping the entire tournament on one system. The Input differences are real.
Yeah it felt weird playing PS4 compared to PS3.

Seems like things are leaning slightly toward PS4, but hearing some desire to have PS3 as an option.

@ElkyDori - I'm just going to provide codes for both versions to Big E and you guys can decide which version to run. :P

As @Pickles has already displayed, you have seen the event/stream schedule for Summer Jam. KPBLive (sadly) won't be able to broadcast any pools play on Saturday due to our having to take on TTT2 & SC5 on the second stage. However, we are going to stream Top 8 & that's usually some of the most entertaining matches one could hope for... so I'm not too bent outta shape.

FYI, though, they were originally gonna cut us out of streaming SG altogether & hand it all over to Arturo (NYCFurby). As I'm betting some of you could already imagine, that didn't sit too well with me. The great irony is that this confusion came about because Big E's staff confused "anime" with "animated". My initial outrage notwithstanding, I can understand how those particular wires can end up crossed.

Once everything was sorted out, the schedule you see now came to fruitition. As much as I wanna be totally involved with Skullgirls at SJ9, this is for the best. While I may not necessarily care for his production, Arturo gets much better numbers than we do on a regular basis. My pride notwithstanding, I've been working both behind the scenes & with all you wonderful people so that your game... OUR game can get the shine it deserves. In that aspect, I couldn't be happier for SGNation right now.

Hopefully, I have (thus far) lived up to the promise I made when I first joined these hallowed forums. For anyone who won't be at the next Slam Jam, I'll look forward to seeing you in Philly!