• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Aug 28, 2015] Summer Jam 9 - $1,000 in Pot Bonuses & SG Pre-Reg (Essington, PA)

Seems like things are leaning slightly toward PS4, but hearing some desire to have PS3 as an option.

@ElkyDori - I'm just going to provide codes for both versions to Big E and you guys can decide which version to run. :P
Thanks, man. You guys are the best!

Also, I want to point out that nycfurby has us on the schedule for Saturday to stream some of our pools at 2:00 PM! Being a main game is so nice.

EDIT: I happened to be typing this as @IAmAphroDynamek was posting the same thing. So, yeah, what he said.

Knowing Arturo, it was probably gonna be him ditching the stream station in top 8 and overlaying Arcana Heart 3 casuals over the Skullgirls footage. Glad you're doing top 8 instead, @IAmAphroDynamek

My first reaction to seeing the announcement: "OMG YOU GUYS ARE GONNA BE AT 6:00 PM ON SUNDAY!!!! PRIME TIME BABY!"

My first reaction to seeing the schedule: "Oh... you guys are on at the same time as Marvel. That's... like having your commercial on during the Super Bowl... on another channel. I almost feel sorry for Marvel."

All of this is a complete 180 from Summerjam last year. Really happy for you guys! Will be sure to tune in.

I am really hoping I can arrange something with my room and days off right now, because this is a huge kick in the pants.

I was expecting Fri-Sat then Sunday is the w/e day like SG has been doing the last few other tournaments.

Not trying to sound unappreciative of the stream time and all, it's super hype, but I'm just annoyed at my situation right now because normally I book thurs-mon and things are usually done by Saturday, and then the one time I go with fri-sun, i risk missing out on stuff on sunday.

Reactions: No longer exist
Thank'ee kindly for the encouraging words, @erkicman

The fact that SG Top 8 is closing the show for us on Sunday night makes it our main event, which is what I wanted. What works best in our favor is that, by comparison, KPBLive is gonna have the better stream for the simple fact that we're more involved with it... numbers be damned. End of the day, it's all about heart.

I'm just waiting for 6:00p, 8/30... gonna take the stage, grab the mic & give that crowd the best damn Beowulf impersonation I got in my lungs:

"Finally, Kick-Punch-Block has come back to the Clarion! SGNation, stand up & get hype! It's time... it's time... IT'S SKULLGIRLS TIME!!!"

Glorious...

Last edited:
Reactions: erkicman
So if i happen to bring all of my kusoge (melty blood, Ef's laf, Histensoku and other shit) who's willing to play with me?!?
I will money match anyone in soku or pofv.

Also, where is splatoon on the prereg page? Every other side game is on there.

Reactions: Cadenza
Knowing Arturo, it was probably gonna be him ditching the stream station in top 8 and overlaying Arcana Heart 3 casuals over the Skullgirls footage. Glad you're doing top 8 instead, @IAmAphroDynamek
Not that I don't prefer being on KPB but I don't really think this is justified. Art streamed Skullgirls when it was at TSB, and he treated us the same as any other game.

Reactions: Vadsamoht
WHO HAS A ROOM AT THE ACTUAL HOTEL!?!?!?!!!

B A L C O N Y B O Y S B E T T E R B E R E A D Y

I'm in on a room with a bunch of friends at the venue and we always tear it down

I'm getting there around 7Pm Friday. Is anyone else getting there around that time so we can share a ride?

Do we have any update on what the numbers look like? If we're not 64 entrants yet we'll have to start pushing pretty soon, otherwise it could be too late for potential players to change their plans.

It seems to be 40-45 right now.

Remember there are those of us who pre-regged before Skullgirls was an option as well. And that I might force my one friend to sign up if he starts annoying me again.

When I say 40-45, that's my personal estimation. I made a list of players that expressed their intention of entering, and the total fell between those two numbers.

A question. I just started playing Skullgirls and I want to go to this just for the heck of it, but I was wondering what Skullgirls will be played on?

Seems to be shaping up to be PS4, but there are some people wanting PS3.

So....I currently use an Xbox 360 controller since I play on PC and that's what I had lying around. What do I need to do to be able to play on either PS3 or PS4. Is there a way to still use an Xbox 360 controller just so I don't have to adapt to a new controller?

If you lose, that's not a problem. :^)
But, I don't want to just dip and miss top 8 either way.

I was able to get the extra time I needed, now I just need a place to sleep Sunday night.

So....I currently use an Xbox 360 controller since I play on PC and that's what I had lying around. What do I need to do to be able to play on either PS3 or PS4. Is there a way to still use an Xbox 360 controller just so I don't have to adapt to a new controller?

So I am in the same boat as you are. There is an adapter that you can buy that just came out, and works pretty damn well. its called Cronusmax. I used the last version for when I needed to play on the ps3, and it worked wonders. No lag whatsoever. I post the link for ya.

http://cronusmax.com/cronusmax-plus/

I got mines recently, and there is a method to making it work with the ps4 with my 360 controller, to which I also post the link on how to do that in here as well.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAAahUKEwioqLHcvbDHAhXJmh4KHT72Cco&url=http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141629&ei=ZATSVajmNcm1er7sp9AM&usg=AFQjCNHcbLdFR1VLoxR1OEmeoN6RpKxSHg

hope this helps!

UPDATE: oops scratch that, they are banned at tournys :(. sorry!

Last edited:
I'm getting there around 7Pm Friday. Is anyone else getting there around that time so we can share a ride?
I should be getting in to Philly about 6:30, so if you still need a ride, I got you.

Telling you right now. On site is gonna get us in there. TRUST FAM

Loving the intensity, brother... let's make this happen!

So I am in the same boat as you are. There is an adapter that you can buy that just came out, and works pretty damn well. its called Cronusmax. I used the last version for when I needed to play on the ps3, and it worked wonders. No lag whatsoever. I post the link for ya.

http://cronusmax.com/cronusmax-plus/

I got mines recently, and there is a method to making it work with the ps4 with my 360 controller, to which I also post the link on how to do that in here as well.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAAahUKEwioqLHcvbDHAhXJmh4KHT72Cco&url=http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141629&ei=ZATSVajmNcm1er7sp9AM&usg=AFQjCNHcbLdFR1VLoxR1OEmeoN6RpKxSHg

hope this helps!

UPDATE: oops scratch that, they are banned at tournys :(. sorry!

No problem! I actually just recently bought a Hori Fighting Commander 4 so I'm set! Still getting used to it though :P

There are currently 42 people registered for SG from pre-registrants.
I know a few of us pre-regged before SG got announced.
I'm completely confident we can hit that magic number

Who is bringing hard liquor. I can bring the Kracken

Ayo yeah i'm trying to try that stuff and I dont even drink i'll throw money in for that.