• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Baby Got Boots: Parasoul Combo Thread

Yeah, that burst bait was on point.

Be careful when using those. They can get you easily happy birthdayed on block depending on the opponents position.

The most use ive found for them is to make pillar more or less safe on block against a ground blocking opponent with lk bomber and cerecopter.

Using updo is cool and all... But if you get blocked... Its happy birthday time.

Still cool though. But yes, all specials can have assists called during there startup. There are some really awesome synergies actually. Unfortunately none quite as good as just calling updo or bomber and using them to hitconfirm.

Be careful when using those. They can get you easily happy birthdayed on block depending on the opponents position.

The most use ive found for them is to make pillar more or less safe on block against a ground blocking opponent with lk bomber and cerecopter.

Using updo is cool and all... But if you get blocked... Its happy birthday time.

Still cool though. But yes, all specials can have assists called during there startup. There are some really awesome synergies actually. Unfortunately none quite as good as just calling updo or bomber and using them to hitconfirm.

Yeah i've eaten happy birthdays bunch of times you just have to be smart with it
I use it cuz squigly is my second with drag n bite. I got upset cuz most ppl could get stuff off of reversals or a reversal assist like updo but all i could get off of pillar was bike super

so i improvised and started using this

I've been doing that with Filia/Bella doing updo + copter assist. It's even dumber with hornet bomber assist.

Here's a little something I do sometimes

Obviously you can end the combo in a number of ways and there are some decent reset spots in there, but really I just like to do (j.mk -> j.hp) x 3. It's only useful against certain characters and in certain situations, but it's pretty easy to confirm off of j.mk.

Sometimes I hold forward while doing the third j.mk. This puts me on the other side for a simple back-j.lk crossup.

Reactions: TheFishWizard
Hhh
More combos!!! THEY DO NO DAMAGE THO

[/QUOTE how are you able to do tear shot after F.HP???

Early chain. Press 6HP asap after you press the button before it -even before it's active-, then charge back instantly.
Inputs look something like this:

5LPLP 6MKMK [Instantly] 6HP [Instantly] [4], wait for 2nd MK to go through full animation, wait for 6HP to go through full animation, delay slightly, 6LP.

I knew that worked but thank you for confirming so @IsaVulpes maybe we'll see more of it now. But does it work with clk cmk?

So... I was fiddling with s.HK after seeing this thread and came up with this...

Since Double and Parasoul are the only characters I play, is there other stuff that can be done with this kind of setup?

The undizzy bait with double raw tag was something Fuzzy_Snugs originally found/used with his Squigly/Double duo. I'd check out his archives and see if he has other setups with it.

Reactions: noaa and gllt
How much are you guys getting midscreen with Parasoul using...

C.LK, C.MK, S.HPx2, LP Shot starter?

With 1 meter I'm getting 6027

I always launch off a c.lk, c.mk hit confirm. This tends to cause problems when they're too far to followup after launch, but I'm not 100% certain LP shots will help. Will test in the lab later tonight though

I always launch off a c.lk, c.mk hit confirm. This tends to cause problems when they're too far to followup after launch, but I'm not 100% certain LP shots will help. Will test in the lab later tonight though

I dont though so help

Well with that exact starter i dont know... But for a starter that is quite close i get around 6500 with a fantastic reset spot at the end since the combo doesnt end with super:

Cr.lk,cr.mk,st.hp x2 xx mp shot xx sniper
dash, cr.hp, j.mp,j.hp,j.hk
St.mp,st.hp x2 xx lp shot, st.lp,st.mp xx lk egret
Dash st.lkx2, st.mk x2, st.hp x2 xx lp shot

But you can end with whatever you want... Ie super or cr.hk or launch into reset etc etc i was just going for damage here.

Reactions: Staples

Since when do you care about your combo damage anyways
Go play around with LJ starter, it's right up your shtick

Since when do you care about your combo damage anyways
Go play around with LJ starter, it's right up your shtick

LJ?

LJ?

LJ.

LiveJournal. Light jumping (move). LcaioJlugon. I don't know.

Nah Vulpes hooked me up in IRC.

6k or so. Plus the resets you get is just naasty.

Reactions: gllt
If you want a little more damage but not amazing reset potential, you can try:

c.LK, c.MK, HPHP, LP Napalm shot,
MP, b.HK, LK egret, dash c.HP,
j.MP, j.HP, j.HK,
LKLK, HPHP, LP Napalm shot,
LP, MP, HPHP, HP Napalm shot, Sniper

Did like 6.5k I think? I'll look to see if I can beef it up any

EDIT: This one only does like 6.2k but has a lot more reset potential

c.LK, c.MK, HPHP, LP Napalm shot,
MP, b.HK, LK egret, dash c.HP,
j.MP, HK tear toss, j.LK, j.MP,
dash jump j.LP, j.HP (trigger tear)
dash LKLK, MKMK, HPHP, Napalm Pillar, Sniper

Last edited:
I only tried it on Parasoul so at least it probably works on everyone not Cerebella and Double.

Well and I guess bigband now but you can do silly jump stuff on him because he's so tall.

Combo with lock n load assist for lights.

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/131567 still very unfinished, for now it's char universal and probably the max damage you can squeeze out of a route like this.

Will probably toss a bunch of damage away to get more, better resets in this

Mostly posting due to
- Not having seen a lot of wrong launch (c.HP Detonate) combos
- TK Toss
- j.MK j.HP Toss s.LP

Maybe someone else wants to use (some of) this stuff.

wats the optimal corner combo off a light with no assists?

wats the optimal corner combo off a light with no assists?
pls respond
This is looking pretty good though
(Never mind it just looks cool)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayford
@IsaVulpes Anyway you can update the original post with all the current working combos? Would be much easier to find stuff that works.

Trying out 6 HP after seeing some of Severin's combos.

Just another combo. Corner only, don't know if it's particularly good since the combos I usually use are ass.

For 6956 damage meterless damage in the corner:

c.LK c.MK s.HK Napalm Pillar
c.MK s.HPx2 LP.Shot
s.MP s.HPx2 LP.Shot
s.LPx2 s.MKx2 s.HPx2 LP.Shot
s.LKx2 s.MKx2 s.HPx2 Napalm Pillar

And one more meterless corner combo using updo assist.

7652 damage
NOTATION:

s.LK c.MK s.f.HP Napalm Quake + Updo
s.MP s.HK Napalm Pillar
c.MK s.HPx2 LP.Shot
s.LKx2 s.MKx2 s.HPx2 LP.Shot
s.LPx2 s.MKx2 s.HPx2 Napalm Pillar

Against Double (and probably Big Band?), 7603 damage:

s.LK c.MK s.f.HP Quake + Updo
s.MP c.HP Napalm Pillar
c.MK s.HPx2 LP.Shot
s.LKx2 s.MKx2 s.HPx2 LP.Shot
s.LPx2 s.MKx2 s.HPx2 Napalm Pillar

Last edited:
Reactions: gllt and Dime
with a level 1

Having issues with the execution of this combo..

The main thing is after the air chain..cr mk- (start charging the egret cancel) st HP x2 - forward LK is giving me a tear shot instead of the cancel a lot of times. I was thinking cause i was being mashy and pressing HP too many times, but I've been makin a conscious effort to only hit it twice..but still...so it must be a timing thing on my end OR if that doesn't happen, after the air chain, my cr. Mk doesn't register meaning I'm pressing it too early right?..I've actually gotten thru the whole combo at a success of about 1/25 but I'm just looking for a little consistency here...my execution obviously can be cleaned up..

Last edited:

The main thing is after the air chain..cr mk- (start charging the egret cancel) st HP x2 - forward LK is giving me a tear shot instead of the cancel a lot of times. I was thinking cause i was being mashy and pressing HP too many times, but I've been makin a conscious effort to only hit it twice..but still...so it must be a timing thing on my end OR if that doesn't happen, after the air chain, my cr. Mk doesn't register meaning I'm pressing it too early right?..I've actually gotten thru the whole combo at a success of about 1/25 but I'm just looking for a little consistency here...my execution obviously can be cleaned up..

Is c.MK just not coming out at all or is it whiffing? If it's not coming out... yes, it's a timing issue, probably pressing it too early. If you're still struggling with the combo, using s.MP instead of c.MK is a bit more lenient for a small loss of damage.

Do you have your input display on? The only way you'd be getting tear shot after the SHPx2 would either be you inputting in an extra HP as you mention, which could easily be found out by turning on your input display, or you are like me and have the habit of just going into Tear Shot after HPx2. The former means you might want to slow down or be more careful with your HP inputs, and the latter is just more of a case of just getting out of the habit so you'd just have to practice it more (you could just practice doing HPx2 into RC soldier to get it down).

On the "can't get cMK after air chain" part, weirdly enough, when I try practicing this combo and miss that part, I just mash the cMK more and it magically connects more often, so maybe mash it harder? Assuming our problem as the same, where for me it was that the cMK was too slow and never landed before they could ground tech away.

Yea cr. mk just wasn't coming out or if I delayed it it would whiff, I had trouble findin the sweet spot..

Substituting st mp for cr mk helped a great deal last night, i I was able to do the combo a lot easier... didn't get to practice much tho cause work n sleep....but ill see today when I crank my SGs back up

And yea I got input display on and it shows hp hp forward lp..so I dunno...ill just hit the lab harder..thanks u guys...I think its just my scrubbiness trying to hold on for dear life

Damn...typo...that's what I get for writing notation on my smartphone...I meant lk...next day update...I can pretty much land it everytime..just needed moar practice...we talkin bout practice..not the game...

Last edited:
Hello again, just another combo quickly thrown together. Corner carry featuring Bike + MK Hornet Bomber, carries slightly less than corner to corner. I'm sure it can be improved.