• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beta Wulf Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too forget all about Wulf Blitzer

I'm too much into using Beowulf's GIANT GRENDEL HAND, chair toss and dash grab to bother with Blitz

It's so tough though and I'm lazy as fuck. Like more often than not I'm late into a match and only then do I remember that I even have the move. I have to recondition myself to use it more often.

I don't understand how you can play Beowulf without the wulf cannon. Probably just j.HP? lots of j.HP I assume.

You can still j.HP all day, but with Wulf Cannon you can convert of any stray hits/get pressure of any block, so abusing it is pretty great.

A fuck-ton of j.HP, plus I tend to play chairless a lot so the arm helps.

So with the hit invuln, is it safe to call HP Chair Toss as Beo's current Assist to Watch Out For (tm)? Looks like it could be a pain to deal with.

Spamming Wulf cannon is not a very nice idea either since it becomes predictable fast and recovery takes a lot of frames. Miss one time, you're fucked

Spamming Wulf cannon is not a very nice idea either since it becomes predictable fast and recovery takes a lot of frames. Miss one time, you're fucked
Don't whiff it? Or you know, use the fact it is a beast cannon and retreat with the last one? It's + on block when done properly so its recovery only matters when you seriously mess up the last one in the series.

does beo have his voice yet? I dunno i'm kinda getting impatient waiting for him lol...

No not yet, I'm losing patience as well. I have a good feeling about this Saturday though.
Or Friday? I can never remember.

This Saturday? You mean tomorrow? (GMT +7)

This Saturday? You mean tomorrow? (GMT +7)
Technically yes, even for me.
It still feels like Thursday for me though.

At least in my time zone they show new updates on Fridays, it is currently Friday now, 3:47 to be exact. Maybe we'll see some new stuff tonight, like a voice.
Last week Mike said "Beowulf's voice and stage music are more ready then they were previously" and "No I'm not going to tell you who Beowulf's actor is... or actress."
Based on that comment at least we know he is cast and we can speculate they've made some progress recording or at least writing lines.
Also last week Mike had said he had spent most of the week making the game render better to reduce framerate drops and all that, and so he didn't implement a lot of the new stuff they've gotten ready (presumably some polished frames and some colored frames). So I'm going to guess that this week he'll have implemented a lot of stuff that was due last week along with this weeks stuff, but what the hell do I know?

This might seem naive of me, but I always assume they are more ahead than we think. It has proven true in the past.

Greetings. I don't have access to betawulf, so I'm asking ppl who do. Just curious. . .

What happens to the "hype meter" when both players pick beowulf?

I'm assuming it's palletizied (like everything else in this game) but do explosions shoot out of both sides of the screen? I think it might be confusing when I picture 2 beowulfs taunting or dropping thier mics and a whole bunch of stuff flying on screen.

I'm sure its taken care of, but I'd like someone to reassure me that it's EASY to keep track of both betawulf's "hype meter" in a mirror-match.

well the hype effects are the same but with each palette the colours are different so it does help tell the difference. Then again this is subject to change, that Mike might make the effects a little more mirror friendly. One small problem is colours 1 and 15 for the effects are both a similar orange colour to the explosion.

@Mike_Z, I wonder if there's any chance at all for Beowulf to have access to chairless assists from the beginning, without tossing out the chair first (with a different command in the custom assist menu, analogically to held SoIDs, for example).

I played with them for a bit with a point Beowulf eventually switching to another character while chairless. They're fun assists, pretty good, yet don't really seem better than some of the other already available assist options in the game. It would be cool to have the possibility to have them from the start for a non-point Beo. Or are they considered OP for reasons I haven't yet realised?

I'm mostly curious if your stance for implementing that option is a "no", a "yes, eventually" or a "hm, maybe".

c.hp looks fearsome.
c.hk also, if you're against a Peacock/BB.

I like the littl note.
Oh by the way, will there be solowulf in arcade mode?

They're fun assists, pretty good, yet don't really seem better than some of the other already available assist options in the game.
You're downplaying this a ton. Chairless c.HP is the best assist in the game. Unlike the other anti-air/reversal assists, c.HP puts you into a billion years of blockstun if you do block it, so it's also a lockdown assist.

You're downplaying this a ton. Chairless c.HP is the best assist in the game. Unlike the other anti-air/reversal assists, c.HP puts you into a billion years of blockstun if you do block it, so it's also a lockdown assist.
It only has 1 hit of armor though, right? The slow startup combined with that aspect doesn't seem like it would really fit in as a reversal assist.

It only has 1 hit of armor though, right? The slow startup combined with that aspect doesn't seem like it would really fit in as a reversal assist.
I'm pretty sure it's 2. I've seen it get beat by stuff like Painwheel j.MP, but I haven't seen it lose to stuff as often as I've seen Beat Extend get stuffed during its extra vulnerable frames. If Beat Extend is a good assist I think c.HP is better.

I just ran a set trying to use c.hp assist as much as I could and can confirm it's really godlike, beowulf point > chair toss combo > DHC is REALLY good.

I just ran a set trying to use c.hp assist as much as I could and can confirm it's really godlike, beowulf point > chair toss combo > DHC is REALLY good.
Can confirm.

I'm pretty sure it's 2.
Chairless c.HK has 3 hits of armor while chairless c.HP 1 hit.

If you can combo into s.HK by itself and get the stagger, it's pretty easy to combo into a tag, which lets you get another character in without spending any meter. I've been using Beowulf/Double for this, but it probably works best with Fukua.

The idea is playing beowulf on point really, I was running beo/bella. It's just that it's easy to make sure beowulf is chairless when you switch and having that assist is enough incentive to do so even if you wouldn't DHC otherwise.

It is a really good move, but I'm liking the consistency of HP chair toss much more now.

Chairless 2HP leaves the team in too much trouble if things don't go well from the outset.

I think that ONCE you have it, it is exceptional, but LP beat extend is still king because you can just slap BB in the back and have it to begin with.

It is a really good move, but I'm liking the consistency of HP chair toss much more now.

Chairless 2HP leaves the team in too much trouble if things don't go well from the outset.

I think that ONCE you have it, it is exceptional, but LP beat extend is still king because you can just slap BB in the back and have it to begin with.
I mean I don't disagree with any of this. My original comment is in the context of being able to pick chairless c.HP as an assist without needing to play Beowulf on point, get the chair off, and tag him out.

Reactions: Mr Peck and Tomo009
I was using point beowulf>chairless combo>raw tag a while ago.

Chairless cr.hp is a great assist but whether it is the best assist in the ga e is high end debatable.

It has huge startup frames combined with only 1 hit of armor which makes it super easy to stuff when used as a reversal assist. Combine that with its lack of range and though a damn good assist it pales to beat extend or brass as both are better assists in function if not in all aroundness.

I kind of like having the choice of a less reliable assist that requires setup but is incredibly powerful or the slightly subpar DP assist with a little extra utility.

My team right now, as is, I can combo into either hard tag off a 5HK stagger which is right in my BnB so in the future I may still decide that 2HP assist is worth the risk at the start of the game.

Especially because HP chair toss on point means you could always do it, cancel into super then DHC.

Has Salty even started yet? Maybe we'll get entertaining news Friday night aside from Robo-Fortune's progress.

Chairless c.HP seems to get beaten out too often as an assist due to its speed IMO.

HP Chair toss is a dandy projectile/invincible assist however...

I like the littl note.
They haven't anyone else solo in arcade since the outset >_> It'll probably still be Solobella (sounded more punny in my head) and Filia only forever. I wonder if there is a reason for that?

I haven't delved too much into *ahem* Betawulf, but I have to say, he's an entirely different beast than Cerebella. He's got a lot more setup than her, but still works without setting up. It's pretty impressive. I, however, will probably never even gain a drop in the pool that is grapplers, because I am horrid at them XD

Last edited:
@Mike_Z, I wonder if there's any chance at all for Beowulf to have access to chairless assists from the beginning, without tossing out the chair first (with a different command in the custom assist menu, analogically to held SoIDs, for example).
Nope. See: Fortune. Held SoID is something you can do without setup from round start.

Don't whiff it? Or you know, use the fact it is a beast cannon and retreat with the last one? It's + on block when done properly so its recovery only matters when you seriously mess up the last one in the series.
Pushblocking the one before he changes direction to land leaves him like -8.

I'm losing patience as well.
WELL SIR I'LL GET RIGHT ON THAT THEN. :^|
He's had a voice chosen for a LONG time, since last year even, but setting up a recording date has proved prohibitively difficult. So, you'll wait.
Quietly.

Though there may be some other surprises.

They haven't anyone else solo in arcade since the outset >_> It'll probably still be Solobella (sounded more punny in my head) and Filia only forever. I wonder if there is a reason for that?
Eh? You mean regular Arcade mode? I just looked at the random team code, and it LOOKS like it's just picking random everything. Are you like, 100% sure there's never been solo anyone else?
>.<

I was secretly wishing that Mike would have quickly recorded himself so we can have some placeholder lines for Beo. You know, Russian Mike Z as BeoWulf. I would have liked that. oh well. I'm just content putting sound clips of Kanji or Wolverine to Beo cause they fit just as well.

I cant remember ever having played a solo that wasnt filia or bella in arcade mode. I think MAYBE one time in vanilla it may have hapoened but im probably tripping.

However i do constantly fight against solo filia and bella in arcade mode, ot wouldnt matter if solos werent my most hated ratio to play against, but in all my arcade runs i ALWAYS fight one of them. Sometimes i even fight the same character twice in a row and sometimes i will fight both of them twice in one arcade run.

-edit

It may say random, but if the solo selector always starts at the same place, and always rolls for nearly the same amount of time before making a choice, then perhaps its the "random" timers as well as the pattern being a set pattern.... That could be the culprit.

Probably not since thats so obvious, but its pretty easy to tell that the random solo select is broken in some form since few people have ever played against non filia/bella randoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.