• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beta Wulf Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, theres the ryker palette... I remember it being said it was there for certaon reasons, but that coulda just been his chair snapback

I mean I may be wrong because I don't know when previous characters like Eliza and Squigly had their VAs announced. Were they introduced before the VA reference palette or after?

I mean I may be wrong because I don't know when previous characters like Eliza and Squigly had their VAs announced. Were they introduced before the VA reference palette or after?

When they found out michelle was voicing eliza they wanted a viper palette

Wolverine palette? Steve Blum

Batman palette? Adam West or Kevin Conroy

Snake palette? David Hayter or Keifer Sutherland

I am okay with this list. Especially Steve Blum.

Totally Steve Blum. His voice is dreamy~ (if i was a 13 year old anime loving girl, I would totally have dreams dating Spike from Cow Boy Beep Boop.)

I don't know why, but I imagine him with either Ragna's VA or Yuri Lowenthal XD Despite neither really fitting...

Adam West as the Hurting please.

Reactions: Ktulu
I already mentioned this on tumblr but Beowulf finally has a logo (what took it so long?) on the latest Salty! stream:

tumblr_inline_njejytE8vq1qbjoz9.png

Can't wait until it appears in the forums (and replace Cerebella's logo with it on my status).

Oh, Jonathan Frakes for BeoVoice? That could be sweet. And could open up a couple Gargoyles palettes.

You beat out Steve Blum bro!

Reactions: Kai
Holy fuck I didn't realize how much I wanted Night Phyre until now, this is amazing.
I gotta say something long winded and sappy to him.

Reactions: Kai
This just so right! I'm been scared for months on which lame anime dubbing guy would voice Beowulf, the kind that have had all the raw talent directed out of them after one too many roles... But this is just so great! It's like Rich Brown and the original cast, people I hadn't heard I million times before and won me over with quality acting and a distinct voice! You being a Skullgirls player and maining Bella just makes all the better! Congratulations!

Reactions: Kai and SanoBaron
I remember seeing his voice reel ages ago, going "wow, this would be so badass" and it become my favourite reel.

but I'm not used to things I find really good cropping up in games, so I blew it off of having any chance to be in the game.

between this, and wanting beowulf to have chain throws for him to then get some form of chain throws feels so surreal but awesome.

not tooting my own horn obviously, but it also technically means I've been rooting for this voice since the very beginning, and the pay off is fucking amazing. 10/10 would fawn over another mans voice again.

also, this means night pyre is a HUGE part of my skullgirls life, my whole bella is essentially his flowchart, and now his voice is on my new main point. Spooks >_<

Last edited:
uh i think the most you can get off is like two chair slams. and the combo would be kinda scaled to heck.

because if you combo off of a chair slam via an assist it takes away your otg and the next grab mode you do the finisher of that the opponent will be invincible just like if they were hit by two or more sound stun moves from Big Band.

How many chair slams can you fit into one combo?

For the reasons Ninja mentioned, you can only get 3 chair slams in one combo. Using your OTG from a chairslam throw or post-Hypeslam dance is one, using your once-a-combo knee/headbutt finisher after a hypeslam is 2, then you have to finish the combo on your next grabmode.

To my knowledge, the combo at 1:09 here is still possible, so this is basically what yer looking for. It just does less damage since LP-Chair got a damage reduction.

oh i was thinking about getting two chairslams in a combo that did not use hype, or meter in that case. So yeah using hype to help get the last slam from an Alpha Wulf super works too.

It seems to not just apply to Beowulf and should be put on another thread instead.

Its only occured when selecting him from a quick match so i thought it appropriate. Any other threads you suggest?

So I just found out how annoying a 3/4 fullscreen sweep with 3 hits of armor can be against Peacock. Especially one that uses an armored assist, it's not fun.
BAD MATCHUPS?! PogChamp

Reactions: RAT__BABY
Yeah beowulf without the chair will blow up armor assists and peacock zoning. She has to play way more cautiously, but it doesn't feel like its a big advantage for beowulf atm. Blocking argus chairless does a ton of damage, and if you get hit then you end up not having enough health left to sweep them anymore. Landing a hit without the chair equipped is still super weird to me. Does anyone have any combos you can do when you combo without having the chair in play?

You can do like c.lk, c.mp, s.hk, L blitzer, 8k, 2k, stuff

Reactions: Tomo009
You can do like c.lk, c.mp, s.hk, L blitzer, 8k, 2k, stuff
This except 2MK instead of 2MP beacuse +4 mmmmm

Then pretty much whatever into reset into hopefully get the chair back, alternatively end in a 5HP and slam them on the chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.