• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

Just give a canon reason why Jubei suddenly developed a fascination for wearing a 10-gallon hat.
Fifty+Gallon+Hat_14x20.jpg

Reactions: Kongk4
He's not tiny enough that most attacks would miss him.

Combos wouldn't work on him. His hurtbox would the most broken thing in the world.

Just give him some of those ridiculous Geta that Tengu wear, and if need be extend his hitbox to the sheath of his sword.
geta_ashida_height20_2.jpg

Remember that a couple months ago Mori stated that it would be a stretch to make Celica a playable character. He's trying to get his trolling levels up to Ono and Sakurai levels.

Mori saying that a few months ago is an obvious lie now. And the "too small" excuse isn't even the first from Arc. The original excuse is that Juebi was in Tao's Astral, so it wouldn't make sense for Jubei to kill Jubei. It's obvious the don't intend to make Jubei playable in his current form. We either won't get him or we'll get a very different version of him that everyone will hate because it's not actually Jubei.

Remember what happened with Kokonoe before she was turned into DLC. Wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be DLC for the last game.

I have a crazy theory that Kokonoe was supposed to be added in Extend with Relius, but wasn't for some reason.

Last edited:
So, noone actually want Jubei to "float in the air"? Like Cirno "The Smallest" from th12.3? :PUN:

I have a crazy theory that Kokonoe was supposed to be added in Extend with Relius, but wasn't for some reason.
actually im pretty sure Relius was supposed to be in CSII as DLC but then stuff happened

actually im pretty sure Relius was supposed to be in CSII as DLC but then stuff happened

Wasn't his emblem in CS1?

Wasn't his emblem in CS1?
Yah i believe it was keep in mind CSII was just a digital upgrade for free and not the 3 characters in it

Yah i believe it was keep in mind CSII was just a digital upgrade for free and not the 3 characters in it

I know. I'm just saying that he was probably already being made when CS1 came out, though nowhere near as close to being finished as the other 3 characters. His theme and character portrait weren't in the game files, unlike Makoto, Valkenhayn, and Platinum.

Overall, I don't like the design of the women, with the exception of Tsubaki, Tao, and Lambda (who is my favorite character design wise). I think Guilty Gear has better designs.

Overall, I don't like the design of the women, with the exception of Tsubaki, Tao, and Lambda (who is my favorite character design wise). I think Guilty Gear has better designs.
Thank you for acknowledging there are different preferences for different people (no, it's not sarcasm).

I think Guilty Gear has more variety in the designs, too. Most of the Blazblue girls are just... kinda naked overall? When you look at the GG character designs, you not only get a huge diversity of visual and playstyles, but in the characters' personalities and mannerisms too. Blazblue on the other hand kind of just ticks off a checklist of tropes... which I guess is kind of the point? BB is meant to be a parody of Japanese anime anyway.

Anyway it's not to say I dislike BB's character designs, but I see where you're coming from. Even discounting the whole Saya-clone business a lot of BB's female cast just kind of dresses similarly. Kokonoe and Tao share the whole cat motif, Noel and Makoto have exposed shoulders and skirts + stockings, etc. And it's not like the male characters are exempt from this, either, since a lot of their clothes have very clear influences from traditional Japanese clothing, and there are a lot of flowing, extravagant flourishes on the cast in general such as scarves, coattails, capes, and those things on Jin's shoulders.

Compare this to the differences in style, gait and attire like night and day between Baiken, May, and Millia, who are three of the more normal-looking GG characters as far as I'm concerned. GG is just kind of weird and eccentric in general, not a lot of games can top it.

Last edited:
Not yet. I imagine we'll get gameplay of her very soon, with loketests coming up and all.

Reactions: Hemijack and Arcana
Using youtube makes me glad that nico supports 60fps

say... who's the gray hsien-ko prototype in the screens?

ok, trolling is off but... why can't legendary heroes fight with a tad more class in this game! we already have platinum for the silly stuff!

say... who's the gray hsien-ko prototype in the screens?

ok, trolling is off but... why can't legendary heroes fight with a tad more class in this game! we already have platinum for the silly stuff!
Celica isnt a legendary hero, infact canonically she is pretty powerless last I checked

In fact, to the point where they said she'd likely never be playable.

Reactions: Hemijack and Arcana
Mori is a schmuck and chose his words carefully. "Pssh she can't fight," and then they announce Celica and have Minerva fight instead. Mori is a Japanese Randy Pitchford.

Reactions: Hemijack
So someone on one of my Blazblue RP accounts was digging through the BBCP voice sets.
And found at least three instances of Terumi/Hazama mentioning Kazuma.
And one of them was in the battle lines.
Curious, maybe Kazuma was planned at one point?
I smell BB4 character bait.

you can just uh
have Kazuma replace Hazama
what with them two being uh
written out, if you wanna call it that

you can just uh
have Kazuma replace Hazama
what with them two being uh
written out, if you wanna call it that
Ruin if fucking Lambda can come back from the dead I see no reason why Hazama and Terumi can't hang around in BB 4.
THey'll bullshit up a reason and you know it.
Ark Sys hates removing characters for story reasons.

yeah but this is like
next level trolling when you think about it
Trolling from beyond the grave by getting replaced
it's so meta on so many levels that I feel like I'm suddenly in a dimly lit coffeehouse on poetry slam night

Dustloop reports:

"Mori just said the OP will be getting changed. This was after they showed the old OP and the host called it a "PV".

Lambda's theme is the original Awakening the Chaos from CT/CS. Her stage is the same as Kokonoe's, Factory.

Celica's stage:

Name: Magister's City - ISYANA

Quote: Just trust yourself, then you will know how to live.

Lambda's drive hits twice per button press.

Her theme is the original Awakening the Chaos (she deserves this. Nu can stay with the bad version).

Lambda's 6B is Nu's 4B.

Lambda and Celica gameplay from the stream:

So guys, remember how that guy I mentioned found two lines talking about Kazuma?
Here they are
Curiously, they were found right next to some Celica lines.
Kazuma is either confirmed or coming in the next game.
Maybe he's getting added to another Arcade update?

I'm going to love explaining to people how Hazama, Terumi, and Kazuma are all playable. Half this games cast consists of four people.

I have an undying boner for Hazama so I'm 100% fine with yet another version of him playable.

#whensmoreversionsofamane