• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

And plus I'm just fine with all these alternate versions of other characters.
That was something I loved about Melty Blood.
You had normal Shiki but if you wanted to be more of a insane asshole with awesome teleports you could just use Nanaya Shiki

If Kazuma does end up playable and the next game still doesn't have Jubei I'm gonna fucking die laughing.

I probably will.
I'm blaming this all on Gon from Tekken 3.
If he wasn't such a turd to fight the size might not have been an issue.

Somebody did mention that Jubei could fight in the armor he used during the first war. That could add some height to him.
q4wXpl.png

japan so you can get all the necessary supplementary material that you can't find anywhere else

Where does one go to catch up on BB lore?

Dustloop has some good threads discussing the story. The wiki also has lots of info, but I'm not sure on the accuracy of everything. There's sure to be a couple mistakes on there.

so, I really wanna play Kagura, and I'm finally gonna finish the story mode to get him.

any tips I should know before I unlock him?

There are some people who could give better tips but here is what I can say.

His projectile is good for oki set ups. Make use of his stances and there is alot you can do with them and they will be be important for some combos. 3c is a good poking move. That is just a little bit of info as like I said there probably people who could provide better information.

I use Tao and I'm learning Amane. Very fun characters. And also keep in mind that high mobility characters shit all over Kagura, especially Tao. She can also bait DP's very easily. Be scared of this matchup if you pick up Kagura.

well, considering I turtle more than anything, I think I may be more welcome with Kagura. plus, he probably can't be as bad as Tager in terms of mobility.

I also think Amane is probably one of the funniest characters. he's just so FABULOUS!~

Current changes (taken from Dustloop)
Nu & Lambda
- Lambda's Cresent Saber is a little different and works as a cross-up
- Lambda's D moves automatically do the follow-up moves Nu needs additional inputs to do, but in exchange Lambda can't cancel them in half-way.
- Their projectiles have difference in speed, but all Lambda's and Nu's projectiles appear from same places.
- Lambda's OD "Legacy Edge" searches the opponent and hits
- In addition to Nu's specials C follow-ups, she can now also charge her specials. Lambda can't.
- 4B removed from Nu
- Input window for C and D moves is increased. If you input 6C when 5C connects, the combo still works.

Bang
- "Fuu" gives an additional air dash and allows you to pass through the opponent
- "Rin" makes you disappear during the dash and has complete projectile-invincibility
- "Ka" gives you 20% damage boost. Combo rate boost has been removed
- "Zan" imroves the guard points in his D moves. Now it also allows you to block normally during Furinkazan.
- His Overdrive start-up has been changed to a shorter one. The classic activation only appears when he's low on health.
- "Volcanic Fury"s OD version no longer does lower damage than normal version if you're missing "Ka" mark. Still does more damage with "Ka" mark.
- "Iron Storm"s command remains the same from 1.1, but the command priority system has been returned to 1.0 so you don't accidentally use it.

Kokonoe
- Graviton gauge has changed. Now Kokonoe has 9 stocks of Graviton orbs.
- Both setting and activating consume 1 from the meter.
- Recovers when there are no Gravitons on the screen
- You can delay "Activate" by holding the button. You can build intesting stuff with it.

Hazama
- Ouroboros meter changed. Now it's more easier to follow the meter
- Increased stock to 3

Ragna
- "Gauntlet Hades" follow-up rises the opponent a bit lower into air.
- If you delay the kick, you can still pick up and continue the combo.

Jin
- Aim was to make Jin's neutral game a little better
- "Hishouken" now flies faster and on counter hit it downs the opponent.
- 5D and 2D are special cancelable
- 2D is jump cancelable on hit. This increases Jin's combo variations.
- "Musou Senshouzan" and "Sekkajin" are now more difficult to continue from
- Now Jin needs to use his 6C or D Specials in a combo to deal big damage

Valkenhayn
- "Himmel Wolf" is now a normal techable throw
- Special Cancelable on successful hit
- "Konig Wolf" and "Eisen Wolf" now have new variations that move to new directions
- "Konig Flug" can be done in Wolf mode

Makoto
- Lv2 D moves are special cancelable
- "Spacial Counter" now has a new command and it a normal move with guard point

Izayoi
- "Aegis Blade" is now a reversal move with invincibility
- "Strike Fall" can be cancelled to either "Valkyrie Astrea" and "Mirage Thruster"
- Izayoi has new cancel routes

Azrael
- "Growler Field" now has only projectile invincibility. In return, the move's hitbox is now active a lot more earlier
- You can also cancel "Growler Field" into "Phalanx Cannon" immidiately after absorbing a projectile
- "Leopard Launcher" now causes wall stick
- During "Valiant Chaser" both ground and aerial moves cause wall stick

You can now also cancel into Overdrive from block, and Arakune's Overdrive gives him curse.

I actually have not played Arakune until just yesterday mostly because I thought he would be too weird a character for me to want to play.

after playing him last night for the first time, I want to main him.

Hold on let me turn on my PS3 to check because apparently there isn't a complete list of the palettes online.

you don't have to do that. I was mostly playing in in that version anyway.

I appreciate the thought though.

EDIT:

well, shit. guess I better look at what other colors he has.

They took out a lot of cool colors in CP. I miss Tao and Valk's red and gold palettes.

Also the stupidity going on right now on Dustloop about Azreal only getting projectile invinibility on Growler is amazing.

To be fair "fun" should be top priority for any video game developer. Balance and the rest comes later. I wouldn't play Skullgirls for example if the game wasn't fun to me no matter how well balanced it may or may not be.

Shitty matchups indeed suck if your unfortunate enough to take a liking to a low tier character, but that doesn't mean the "fun" is taken away as an immediate bi-product.

Characters should at least be usable. I understand not picking the character if it's like Roll in MvC2 or something, but if you like Tager you shouldn't have to be Tiku in order to win some matches.

And low tier characters can be fun (as I mentioned before I love using Amane) but having so much trouble with things other characters do for free can be discouraging.

I will say, there are some characters in BB that don't feel fun but are viable that I would rather be fun.

Arakune is really fun and viable.

make more like that. fun, then patch it out to where they can become viable without sacrificing fun.

Back