• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

I like how Lambda is missing parts in her art
it'd be great if the sprites reflected that but lol extra work (i like her new swords though)

Some info on Dustloop:

Celica:
- The anti-air move is a special called Ash Rotir.
- Her OD lets her heal herself.
- She's made easy to pick up since people might be interested in Celica despite being afraid of BB's difficulty.

Lambda:
- Built around her Act Parser Zwei. The main purpose of the Drive is to stop opponent's advance, connect it into Zwei and get going from there.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Stylish mode is for one handed players.

Why is Minerva so pretty now? Goddamn.

I had a theory about that.

Minerva is a rebuilt Lambda. she's got red eyes, a black/silver color scheme and her hair fades from black into a lighter blonde color.

how would this even work? no idea, but i stopped trying to make sense of things after Kokonoe pulled her aunt 100 years into the future.

And now her new design has a pony tail/electrical plug where Lambda's braided hair is.

I seriously almost posted "That can't be true because they can't have two of the same person as playable characters in Blazblue."

Then I went to the corner and thought about how stupid I am.

Reactions: Magnet Tech
this new css color scheme seems to remind me of CSE, sorry but I think it may be a new version on disc entirely with Jubei and Nine as day one DLC, Arcsys people are going to think of you worse than capcom, atleast ultra had the decency to not take apart a current moveset and put it in 2 different characters

Nine is a bit of a stretch and I'm starting to doubt Jubei will ever be playable. The reason he hasn't been added yet is because he's too small. They can't change that unless they change the character, which will piss people off.

Nu 13 loosing mode change is weird, but I don't think she's been split. Nu will probably either be like CT Nu with CS1 Lambda, and Lambda will be a new playstyle. We're going to have to wait till gameplay and loketests start before seeing how Arc is handling this.

I honestly don't think CP 2 will have day one DLC.
When itself is already DLC.
Plus, Continuum Shift's final amount of new characters was 8.
Counting Terumi, Kokonoe, and Celica, CP's final amount of new characters was 8.

$3 Noel costume DLC. All DLC argument are invalid. They'll do whatever they want.

You guys are forgetting CSE existed arc is ruthless

That was a special case, I think. I don't think they understood good DLC at that point.
They've definitely at least gotten better.
And I think they'd save Jubei and Nine for the next game

Again, I highly doubt Jubei will ever be playable. They've noticeably have been making excuses for why he's not in the game since CS came out.

Unless you want him with a top hat, platform shoes, and comedy relief minions, we won't get Jubei.

For perspective, Carl is 4'8" without the hat. Rachel is 4'9" without the shoes. Jubei is barely over 4ft (123cm). He can't ride the Blazblue ride because he's the size if a small child. The poor bastard.

i want jubei with all those things
It'll probably be Jubei gets seriously injured and Tora has to sub in for him. Time for more sprite redraws!
I seriously almost posted "That can't be true because they can't have two of the same person as playable characters in Blazblue."
BB is the series where people can main their favorite character TWICE.

Note: this is only applicable if your favorite character is Noel, Jin, Tsubaki or Hazama

And Ragna in the next one, probably
Its going to be that girl Ragna isn't it?

There's a post from a month ago at Dustloop saying girl ragna is Alpha-01.

Whaaaaaa?

I wouldn't say that, it's ending related.
Ragna would not be Alpha-01 what.
And I was mostly talking about the partly Black Beast Ragna at the end of the game
Ragna isn't Alpha-01, but apparently girl Ragna's art was from mori's twitter banner or something

so it could be a troll. because mori.

its all in the last few pages of the "official BB art" thread at dustloop.

Once on one of my (very many) Tumblr RP accounts, someone got an event to RP that Girl Murakumo Ragna.
It was a fucking experience let me tell you.
I do wish it was canon, but we have enough time travel bullshit with Bloodedge.

And I swear if Bloodedge is ever playable I will shit my fuck.
Like I said I'd be down with Evil Ragna in the next game

Oh good. Now we'll be able to play as 5 different versions of Noel.
Noel, Mu, Nu, Lambda... Who else? Techincally they are all Sayas.

the final game in the series Christina Vee voices 90% of the cast

Noel, Mu, Nu, Lambda... Who else? Techincally they are all Sayas.
I was counting Classic Costume Noel as a separate thing.

Is Kokonoe still a problem? I was hoping the nerfs a while back would have helped. Watching streams a few months ago BB:CP looked like it had one character.

Dustloop:

"When someone asked whether Minerva works independently like Nirvana or subordinately like Ignis, Mori replied saying she works in unison. I probably would have guessed that already from the screenshots anyway as Celica seems to interact directly with Minerva in many of those moves. Still, confirmation is good."

Reactions: Ktulu
Is Kokonoe still a problem? I was hoping the nerfs a while back would have helped. Watching streams a few months ago BB:CP looked like it had one character.
She's still good, but manageable. If you know the matchup you can beat her, but that's part of the problem some people have with her. Learn her setups and you'll be have a much better chance of dealing with her.

Nine is a bit of a stretch and I'm starting to doubt Jubei will ever be playable. The reason he hasn't been added yet is because he's too small.
Too small? According to his wiki profile he's 123cm and unless the converter I used maculated that puts him at little over four feet tall. To me, that does not sound small.

Ok, Jubei's height is the red line:
3oWaD3H.png

The shortest character in the game, who's height they had to increase with a huge hat, looks down on Jubei. He's too small.

1zMPOSA.jpg

That's not too small. Too small would be Koromaru big in P4AU.