• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Cerebrawl

Is it just me, or is Battle Witch's walking too slow. Maybe they could speed it up a wee bit?

Last edited:
"Everything knocks down vs air" is not a good place to start...
well air lp lk s.mp all have blow outs so player 2 does recover in the air. so it's not ALL moves vs air = knock down. But yeah I can see where juggles can get kinda silly and broken. I tried to keep the combos a little more practical in how Zero Dimensions want the game to be. Should I relay what you said back to the them?

I don't get any enjoyment out of training mode so its hard for me to really recommend it much until I can fight people. My main reason for supporting it so far has been to support 2mello since his work is amazing. I also enjoy the character designs a lot but I've been shaky about the planned mechanics since the start but I'm eager to see where they're going with it.

Its a huge shame that cauldron rave doesn't actually play in the prototype yet. Also I can't really see for a way to combo into assists currently, that would be interesting to see but I imagine that's a big thing they're planning.

Does anyone know how to do Helen's Punch Super?

Does anyone know how to do Helen's Punch Super?
sigh... Mike's not going to like it but... To do super you do Quarter Circle Forwards Triple Punch. Now in the current build there is a bug where if you press s.hp and then do qcf lp afterwords both on hit or whiff you get super 100%. The next Alpha build will have the game take in the triple punch and kick macros so there's that to be happy for... later on... :S

are you in the discord group?

Reactions: SkullMan
Thanks for the tip. I am going to join the group in a bit. Sorry if I have broken a rule.

Thanks for the tip. I am going to join the group in a bit. Sorry if I have broken a rule.
oh no. No rules broken. The only rule with Cerebrawl is that if someone says "Sick" you have to reply likewise or "Hella" other than that yeah we can have CereBrawl stuff here on SkullHeart and you can talk to the Dev guys over on the discords. Really you can talk to them about whatever they are totally relaxed and chill about everything.

I'm still a little sad that this wasn't OP28's neutral pose

B7sGp20CIAEWat6.png

instead we have him in this much more scrunched up pose which has him in a little more awkward position especially when wielding a broadsword. Not saying that his current one is bad, but i feel to really capture OP28's size having him stand a bit more straight and with a slightly wider stance really makes him tower over the other cast members. [the dude is 7 freaking feet tall!]

Here is a video on the type of sword style OP28 is using with his broadsword, "Kunst des Fechtens":

This Germanic Medieval Style of Fighting mostly focuses on the two handed broadsword. Now as you can see these guys fencing in the video have their body out in a very wide stance so that they can keep balance with the sword. Most of these strikes are done with a high parry into a strike at the head/throat. And although both poses of OP28 are technically incorrect for this style, his first one is the closer of the two because of his wide stance and slightly more upright position. Again this style is for two handed blades but really OP28 is 7 feet tall and nearly 300 pounds and he's lumbering around in tactical armor. My guess is that the guy is strong enough to swing that blade with one hand no problem.

[We also get to see how Susan will size up. Was expecting her to be a tad shorter, a littler more like Peacock in size. But she's still small and ready to break some bones.]

NIW: hahaha yeah, that op28 pose feels more stable, but i changed his pose because it was taking up soooo much texture space

Shoot...

I'm actually kinda curious now... hey @Mike_Z how exactly did you optimize the Z-Engine so it could handle Big Band and his size. I'm kinda curious because he is a very large character and I'm guessing his animations took up a far amount of memory. It would be cool to see you help out these guys [If they ask for it, i know.] to make this game as cool as possible.

Last edited:
I don't find the characters appealing and the animations look thought before the gameplay, which is never a good idea. Must be that I'm cynical by now for these "Skullgirls made it, now let's make our own indie fighting game based on another fighting game!" but I wish them the best. I might even buy it once it comes out, who knows.

Reactions: Ninja
I don't find the characters appealing and the animations look thought before the gameplay, which is never a good idea. Must be that I'm cynical by now for these "Skullgirls made it, now let's make our own indie fighting game based on another fighting game!" but I wish them the best. I might even buy it once it comes out, who knows.
I understand and respect your thoughts. But hey these guys are super intentive and are willing to listen to people and will try to adjust to make it as best as possible. So automatically these guys are better than some other dev guys who were trying to make a fighter off of the heels of SG...

I understand and respect your thoughts. But hey these guys are super intentive and are willing to listen to people and will try to adjust to make it as best as possible. So automatically these guys are better than some other dev guys who were trying to make a fighter off of the heels of SG...
inb4 Skullgirls 2 Deadly Airport

CEREBRAWL Alpha v.1 f
Changes are as listed:

• New Hit Effect: "KRACK~!"

• Stage Background has been added

• Moves have been updated: Super Witch Knuckle is now QCF+PPP and Hex Blaze [Fireball] is QCF+ Lp

• Gravity has been increased and Juggles have been changed

• New Health Bars -They look better-

• And a Combo Counter~!
Enjoy~

[I guess I'm going to be the only person posting stuff here about this game... oh well, gonna hold onto the torch then.]

FAN MUSIC TIME:

And actual music by 2Mello

https://instaud.io/kzt

Welp I'm off then, buh-bye.
[drags face on shattered glass...]

Good lookin' out posting my video.

Your services are greatly appreciated

CEREBRAWL STREAM
Come join us on the PIZZA PARTY. You know how SG has the phrase "Everyday is Launch Day for SG"? Well with Cerebrawl being the kid brother to SG that phrase is "EveryNight is a Pizza Party, 24 hour~!"

So come join and listen to some funky music while the Bridge Stage gets built~!

https://soundcloud.com/matrixmariox/oldies-but-happiest

CEREBRAWL ALPHA V 0.2

To go with the themes of Mike's Update posts on the Endless Beta you'll get some cool jams to go with each update post.

• Stage Improvements: We have Lamp Posts and an actual Skyline. City Scape Stage will be gaining more parts to it in due time.

• Gravity / Juggle changes. Launchers now have the opponent in the air longer. Aerial juggles now last longer due to changes to the AJS [Anti Juggle System]

• Changes to normals: Standing Fierce now has Helen moving not as far forward. Cancel periods on normals have been improved.

• Minor Bug fixes like moves getting stuck, KO animation not playing sometimes, ect.

[Toot toot]

Reactions: Gamrdogg and Fumako
Super Fun Update Time~

Aaron
goodnews.png
and Eliot
download.png
get Interviewed:

and here is Helen The Battle Witch's next move some kind of Crescent Scythe Kick. It's planned to be a DP motion with a Kick button and can be done both on the ground and in the Air.

Last edited:
Been following this game it looks very good. Though I will admit some things about it do raise red flags. Most notably the destructible stages and the fact that the developers stated that they don't care about balance. Then again Skullgirls got a lot of shit when it was first announced too.

Yeah... I think they guys are starting to realize that maybe they do need to balance a few things... This is why currently the Juggle system is turned up pretty high. Like compare Alpha v 0.1 E to Alpha v 0.2 A, In Version E you can do juggles for days... [ and I think Mike was none too pleased about it ] now in Version 0.2 at the start of a combo you can do some pretty good juggles but after 5 hits your opponent is going to slip thru unless you know which normal to use to keep them in the juggle. [ Also after that point it's nearly impossible to combo into a super unless you juggle the opponent with a normal Which Knuckle then cancel that into the Super, and my gosh the timing needs to be just right. ]

Yeah... I think they guys are starting to realize that maybe they do need to balance a few things... This is why currently the Juggle system is turned up pretty high. Like compare Alpha v 0.1 E to Alpha v 0.2 A, In Version E you can do juggles for days... [ and I think Mike was none too pleased about it ] now in Version 0.2 at the start of a combo you can do some pretty good juggles but after 5 hits your opponent is going to slip thru unless you know which normal to use to keep them in the juggle. [ Also after that point it's nearly impossible to combo into a super unless you juggle the opponent with a normal Which Knuckle then cancel that into the Super, and my gosh the timing needs to be just right. ]
I'd be okay with infinite juggles if they were going for an American version of Hotoku no Ken.

With the focus on juggles as they are now, with it being so open ended, almost seems like a few characters could benefit from some Arcana-Heart styles air control. Though may be not the exact same level of vertical-focused air combat that wasn't really all that fluid or intuitive, but I think you all kinda get what I mean. If air combos and/or juggling becomes a big part of the combos, why not go all out and make war in the air generally easier?

Itd also work with the premise, with all these characters getting insane powers based on their inner dreams So they can fight for dominion for this city.

Of course I have no way of actually watching the streams outside the vids posted here so everything I've kinda rambled here is more suggestion than discussion, but eh, game looks fun rn anyways.