• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 13, 2014] Rebel Up (Walnut, California)

Yeah it doesn't look like ill be hanging out either (dispite being across the street at the college right now) Gonna be busy till at least 4 then i have close friends who have birthdays today. Maybe ill stop by and say hi during a smoke/lunch break. Goodluck guys hope we wont be too thin for entrants.

Ah nice shit dawn won it. Too bad i wasnt there to totally beat and stop him get my ass annihilated but man. I cant believe i had to miss out on that beowulf devkit mike mentioned on stream (was listening for a bit)

Reactions: DawnHibiki
Speaking of Beowulf, here's the archive of yesterday's Mike Z's Update Corner if anyone missed it

Rebel Up this Saturday 10/18

The times have changed for some games. See the opening Post for more details.

There will be stream for Skullgirls tomorrow but a potential experiment for tomorrow with be to have games alternating on stream for games each rebel up for the sake of time. I've spoken to Delta and nothing is set in stone permanently.

For the meantime, Skullgirls community, come tomorrow and expect screentime!

In other news, entrance fees increased by 2 bucks so now games that were $3 are now $5.

See everyone tomorrow!

TL;DR: Skullgirls isn't getting dropped from Rebel Up. Calm the fuck down.

Last edited:
Reminder to all that are attending Rebel Up:

1) Try your best to show up on time. If your tournament starts at 5PM so you should arrive BEFORE 5PM.

2) If you're leaving for food or in another tournament match, tell a TO. Notify Me, Delta or Rotanibor or Numakie. Letting us know can help us make adjustments to brackets and keep it running in an orderly fashion.

3) Wherever you go, please don't take too long. We want you to join in tournaments but we also don't want to take too long with games more than necessary. We don't want to DQ anyone for running for food or going to the bathroom since this is basically an all day event. So don't please don't force our hand.

Last edited:
There's a Rebel Up this Saturday 11/1 but I will not be able to attend due to me having to take an exam that day.

If someone would like to fill in, please let me know. Thanks. And my apologies for the late update.

I will however be at Super Arcade on Friday 10/31 for the event being hosted there.

Ill be there around 4, hopefully to make to the tournament on time.

Anyways, about the dustloop thread, ive noticed for alot of the smaller games at rebel up tend to run themselves fine. This seems mostly to be the bigger games issue, and i say increasing the 5 dollar entry would help the urgency for that game.
I really think the SG group their hold themselves really well, and i would be upset if they focus more on tournament play over casuals. The entire reason i go is for all the casual fun matches and the experience to get better.

Its probably none of our concerns, but whatevs, see yall sat.

I was wondering if there was gonna be one today too! good stuff

Rebel Up.
Next Saturday.
11/15.
Show up.
Preferably early/on time.
Beowulf changes.
Other changes as well.
Probably.
Pizza afterwards?

Shoooooow uuuuup ye buuuuuums.

We had 21 players show up for this week's event. AMAZING! Thank you so much for everyone that was able to attend. It was great seeing everyone and getting to chat & have pizza with.

We're set for the next tournament on 11/29! Hope to see y'all there!

I'm glad you had a chance to come back Kiyobi, missed ya! I'm also glad we had huge numbers this time-- really good turnout and I hope we can keep that afterparty power strong

Rebel Up this weekend, right? Brand and Inferno are planning to drive out from Vegas for it(!), so I want to make sure they're not driving out for nothing.

Last edited:
Ya Rebel Up is still happening.

I plan to finally make it out there, since july, and show off some of my beo lameness.

Yes there is plans for this to happen on Saturday.

That said, I'm going to need someone to volunteer to show up early on Saturday as I won't be the one to do it because I won't be able to attend.

Think you got that the other way around Mike.

Yes there is plans for this to happen on Saturday.

That said, I'm going to need someone to volunteer to show up early on Saturday as I won't be the one to do it because I won't be able to attend.
I can try and show up a little earlier than normal, can't guarantee anything yet.

Reactions: Shin ATproof
I am, it's freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing in here!

Wait, Brand, you're coming?!

Yep. Me and @Inferno have the weekend off so we will be coming!

Also I got another pin to give ya mike lol

Reactions: mcpeanuts
wont be out today afterall. family stuff came up. going to pick up the kiddo from grandmas house. missing out on brandx tech :(

Reactions: No longer exist
Thanks for comin' out, Brand!

Rebel Up this Saturday 12/13

Some of you will see this, most of you won't and will only know because of Twitter or I personally tell you/someone else tells you!

Show up early to warm up!

SoCal pizza conference afterwards.

Gonna beat down @BANG! in Vanguard Princess

Reactions: No longer exist
Changed OP

Basically Rebel Up is on hiatus until Super Arcade changes venue.

So yeah...find your usual Skullgirls & Anime fighters fix at UGC the next couple week until then!

Yep. Povertstation is REAL