• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

diario de dMags

This is some seriously theory shit but can L Shot make H Brass safe?
Call assist + H Brass > They Block > Just as they want to hit you Napalm Shot hits them > You recover.

Napalm shot in general is good vs Peacock so if you call that while charging j.Hp armor as PW and the shot hits she's forced to do something risky or block and let you get close.

I think H Brass + Napalm Shot would be hilarious if it actually worked though. Keep c.MP for Painwheel, it lets you hit them and on block you call it to stay in longer and keep Peacock from slipping away.

Reactions: dMags
I'm REALLY digging this arrangement -> PW (cr mp) / Parasoul (H napalm shot) / BB ( L Beat Extend )

The only change I'd make is playing against Peacock, probably do something like -> PW ( L pinion maybe? i dno ) / Parasoul ( Pillar ) / BB ( H Brass ) , or probs push everyone down a spot so BB is on point, PW 2nd, PS anchor w/ napalm shot assist...
Something to note is that LP shot is a lot better for BB than HP shot, and it does indeed make brass knuckle safe
Painwheel/Big Band/Parasoul (LP shot) is probably worth considering, since Big Band benefits a lot from a horizontal assist

I like the idea of BB second, but I really really like the idea of having a safer option to DHC PW out if shes low on life, I'm trying both but leaning towards BB anchor for now.

and LP shot definitely does make rush punches much safer, H brass is safe against normals from just over 1/2 screen or further using L shot assist, so I'll probably make the switch and see how I like it

I like Parasoul/Painwheel/BigBand for two reasons.

First, Parasoul is more safe for feeling an opponent out since she has more ranged attacks and faster projectiles. Second, it lets you DHC into Hatred Install and that opens up some combos and a safe entry for Painwheel.

For the Parasoul/Painwheel combo I use right now:
Lk,Lk,Mk,Hp,Hp, (D, U+MK), QCF+PP xx QCF + KK, fly forward, QCF + HK, j. Mk, QCF + HK, j. Lp, QCF + HK, j. Lk, QCF + HK, dash forward Lp, Mp /\ Mp, Hp, QCF + MK (possibly cancel into air super).

mental notes to jot down before I forget:

- stop using light attacks to start punishes if I don't need to

- practice double snaps more

- practice getting out of air resets ( at the point of reset, characters with a double jump or AD/flight can jump out/dash out? This is where PSoul gets butthurt, combined with no air-super? )

- figure out what to do midscreen when I catch assist + point in a combo. Assuming I can't kill the point, just do max damage without a reset?

- practice getting out of air resets ( at the point of reset, characters with a double jump or AD/flight can jump out/dash out? This is where PSoul gets butthurt, combined with no air-super? )
Sort of depends on the reset. If Double does launch j.LP j.MK j.HP > c.LK, you can double jump out of that. If Valentine resets you with j.LK crossunder s.LP, you can't double jump out of that; by the time you recover in the air you're already in range of her jab. I only know this because I set it up in training mode and practiced ways of getting out of it.

With Painwheel you kind of have the god tier option select for air resets which is just quarter circle in a direction and KK, you'll either get air super or flight depending on what side they're on. Like it's not foolproof or anything, they can bait air super and flight doesn't get you out of every air reset, but this will get you out of a lot of stuff. Big Band can sort of do this, he'll get either air super or Cymbal Clash, but his air super isn't as good and Cymbal Clash will lose to stuff more often than fly does. Still worth doing sometimes.

- figure out what to do midscreen when I catch assist + point in a combo. Assuming I can't kill the point, just do max damage without a reset?
Depends on the situation but yeah I would normally just go for the full combo in this situation.

Reactions: gllt and dMags
Happy birthday combos are pretty great, yeah. Also, I'm never afraid to snap midscreen after a long one even if I'm not close enough to the corner to capitalize, but it's situational. Here's my criteria.

• Does my character HAVE a HB combo? (SonicFox's Filia has a great one that carries really far and effectively. Parasoul's requires abstaining from tear shots and doing jHK restand loops or something fancy like that. Painwheel has to leave out Buers. Not sure about Big Band but he can whomp them with damage with short strings anyways. YEEEAAAH.)
  • Does my character's super effectively carry/hit both the point and assist? Some supers are kinda bad about dropping the assist. Most level three supers don't and they're gonna WHOMP on them, so go for it.
  • A reset can really catch the opponent's point off guard, especially if you're NEARING the corner but know you aren't close enough. They are not going to expect it, usually. Also, in rare RARE RARE situations (I HAVE FOOTAGE) you can reset the assist and point at the same time. Or rather, reset the point without dropping the assist. It's probably character/assist specific, not sure if it can be learned. Did it accidentally to ShadeMoneh once and it was amazing. :^) Then I did jHK into Sniper>Diamonds and Sniper dropped the assist. :^( Still, so much damage, it pretty much assured me the match.
  • How much red health do they both have and if its a trio, how much red health does the anchor have? Sometimes, this is why snap is a pretty GREAT option. You also get to play the incoming game with a character of your choice and depending on your main + assists, you can have some pretty nasty options. Painwheel's incoming game against a Parasoul is horrifying, I IMAGINE, since poor Parasoul has such a lack of options in the air on incoming. Abuse that, etc. Matchup dependent, be wary of air supers. All that jazz. I typically think ambiguous left/right setups and the old assist and crossunder (if only into pressure) is the way to go. Parasoul is good about using tears for incoming situations and bike is cool to make them block something maybe.
So yeah, some HUNGRY MAN TV DINNER (tm) for thought. (Your daily value of sodium is about to sky rocket, please go drink some water.)

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Awesome stuff gllt, much appreciated :) I tried adding you on steam last night but steam was giving my issues, I'll try again tonight.

As far as the midscreen combos go, I think I have a solid idea of what to do with all of my characters now, just wanted to get some other opinions because this is one area where I don't really know what I should/should not be doing.

Lastly, just so I understand you correctly, you're saying even if you know you're too far from the corner to catch the assist after a snap, you'll do it anyway ( under the right circumstances ) because it sends in the anchor?

edit: clarifying words

Ah, I'm at my friends limit. Let me see who I can remove. ;3;

EDIT: And yeah, I'll snap them if it sends in the anchor and that's the best choice out of what is available. Say the anchor is Big Band or Double and I've consistently punished that assist to where it's red health is pretty significant.

Double on incoming with low health and no air super!

Big Band on incoming with low health BUT an air super option, did they have meter?

What's the matchup of the character I have on point vs who is incoming?

Parasoul on point, Double incoming. Might work out ok.
Parasoul on point, Big Band incoming. Pretty good matchup!

etc

Just gotta weigh your options situationally.

played a solid set against @mcpeanuts last night, I made lots of stupid mistakes but this was exactly the kind of practice I need, just some things I took out of it the set:

- Finally got my answer for how a Green Bounce is different than a Red Bounce
- Learned that BB's SSJ > H Giant Step > SSJ only works if you still have OTG AND Sound Stun ( I always thought you only needed OTG for the shockwave to bounce them, mind = blown )
- L Brass > L Beat Extend is a really good frame trap, good to keep in mind on both offense and defense
- Picked up a few tid-bits about playing against Double, specifically some of her reset points and harder links that can be punished
- BB Mirror Match is the best thing ever
- One thing I didn't capitalize on during the set, but realized after: I got hit with SSJ a lot for dropping links, but didn't really think to bait it for some reason
- Gotta remember the "trick" of Brass Knuckles going under a jumping opponent and instantly doing SSJ when you switch sides, definitely missing some opportunities here
- Keep in mind it's not always best to just go into super to end combos ( disengage autopilot ), unless it's providing better positioning or killing characters.
- Stop ground-teching so I land next to the opponent

Outside of all of that, I think the biggest thing I need practice with is recognizing my best options for when to get Painwheel OUT and how to do so safely. I found myself in a lot of situations where I'd do a combo and once we went back to neutral, I realized that PW is really low on health and I should have tried to DHC out. I hate to resort to just throwing out DeathCrawl DHC Bikes when I'm in neutral, so I have to start paying attention to this a lot more and really capitalizing on it. The games where I am able to get PW out successfully and am able to let her health regenerate are the games that I play much better in and have a much better chance of winning in.

Last of my word vomit, I didn't use this in our set, but I'm liking L Napalm shot better than H Napalm for my parasoul assist. It's great for BB to make moves safe, or to throw out in neutral since it can be really hard to see on screen behind BB or if he double jumps and you call it. I'm guessing it can also have good use in combos, taking advantage of the hitstun you get when shots explode.

- Gotta remember the "trick" of Brass Knuckles going under a jumping opponent and instantly doing SSJ when you switch sides, definitely missing some opportunities here
Remember last Friday when I said if rush punch whiffs against Peacock due to a teleport, you can make it safe with SSJ? It's good for this too. Honestly I think just get in the habit of always buffering a quarter circle every time you do a M or H rush punch, and be ready to super cancel if the punch whiffs for any reason.

Outside of all of that, I think the biggest thing I need practice with is recognizing my best options for when to get Painwheel OUT and how to do so safely. I found myself in a lot of situations where I'd do a combo and once we went back to neutral, I realized that PW is really low on health and I should have tried to DHC out. I hate to resort to just throwing out DeathCrawl DHC Bikes when I'm in neutral, so I have to start paying attention to this a lot more and really capitalizing on it. The games where I am able to get PW out successfully and am able to let her health regenerate are the games that I play much better in and have a much better chance of winning in.
Also, when you do successfully get a character out, don't immediately call them as an assist :P

Also, when you do successfully get a character out, don't immediately call them as an assist :P

but it's so hard to remember what two buttons do :-( but yea, just another thing I have to keep in mind switching from 2 to 3 characters on a team. Please feel free to point out all of my stupid autopilot mistakes at GU tonight

but it's so hard to remember what two buttons do :-( but yea, just another thing I have to keep in mind switching from 2 to 3 characters on a team. Please feel free to point out all of my stupid autopilot mistakes at GU tonight
Will do, cya tonight :)

random stuff:

- gotta do a better job with assist calls in general. Overall though I'm very very happy with L beat extend, L napalm shot, and cr.mp. I feel like everyone has something to gain from everyone and PW's neutral game is way better than when paired with Napalm Pillar + H Brass assists

- Remembered to start buffering SSJ after Rush Punch, hilarity ensued ( and more wins for me )

- Been having really good luck lately baiting reversals by charging armor on blockstrings, since PW can reversal super after the flash during charge. I'm also trying to use jHP ( armor ) xx Thresher more

- Gotta spend time in the lab getting better at using charged s.MP. I've been having a lot of trouble against squigly and filia when they get directly above painwheel. charged MP seems to be the best answer but I have trouble converting off of it.

- Parasoul is slowly but surely becoming a playable character, and not just an assist + deadweight on my team. I was playing her point for a while but I stopped doing that, I think I'll start doing that again until I feel like I can sort of play her

Reactions: gllt and mcpeanuts
more quick notes:

- at the start of the round with PW on point -> Dash low/throw works really well to beat some grounded options ( gotta be quick with the low, don't do full dash ), especially if you think they're going to do something defensive right off the bat, i.e. NOT going to jump in or rush punch or something similar. In general, I think PW's dash is somewhat underrated so I'm definitely trying to use it more.

- Need more peacock practice, specifically air-to-air. I feel like I always always always lose to her air shotgun ( j.hp? I think it is ), or getting hit with an item that magically appeared. @mcpeanuts - I saw your stream last night, specifically the anti-peacock part ( cool stuff btw, I picked up some solid tips ), so I may ask you for some help regarding setting up the training dummy to do solid peacock loops and peacock air stuff that people actually use.

- Need more Fukua practice, specifically against her blockstrings ending with shadows. I know it's not a true blockstring and I should be able to interrupt it with jab before the shadow goes active, but I mess up the timing and get CH a lot, so this is also on the agenda for the dojo.

- Need more peacock practice, specifically air-to-air. I feel like I always always always lose to her air shotgun ( j.hp? I think it is ), or getting hit with an item that magically appeared. @mcpeanuts - I saw your stream last night, specifically the anti-peacock part ( cool stuff btw, I picked up some solid tips ), so I may ask you for some help regarding setting up the training dummy to do solid peacock loops and peacock air stuff that people actually use.

- Need more Fukua practice, specifically against her blockstrings ending with shadows. I know it's not a true blockstring and I should be able to interrupt it with jab before the shadow goes active, but I mess up the timing and get CH a lot, so this is also on the agenda for the dojo.
np, I learned some stuff too, which was the purpose of doing all that training modeing. I think the main thing I learned is that item drop will interrupt anything you try to do so wait until you see item drop before you try to do anything other than blocking (the Peacock player could respond to this by just not using item drops, which you could counter by jumping at any point you want, which THEY could counter by starting to drop items again, etc, that seems to be how the matchup develops). Once you're any amount closer to Peacock than full screen you no longer have to kara your rush punches to hit her and it becomes dangerous for her to try to throw anything out.

The traditional Peacock rotation is like M bomb xx H bomb, s.HP + call assist xx H item drop, repeat. So you can set up the dummy to do that and set it up to play as "repeat". Make sure that you throw the first bomb as soon as possible after hitting select and that you hit select again to end the recording after the recovery frames on H item end completely, that's the way to get the dummy to do the smoothest rotation without any long gaps between projectiles.

I probably still remember how to play Fukua so I can give you some Fukua practice too. Just remember that interrupting her shadow is still a read, she can end a blockstring in command grab instead if she's expecting you to do that. If she's expecting you to do some sort of reversal she can do the slow armored grab and if she's expecting you to interrupt with a throw or another normal she can do the fast grab. If you interrupt with a reversal that IS a grab, like Ultimate Showstopper... that might beat all of her options? Need to test that. It's academic anyways since you don't have anything like that (although tagging to Painwheel might work).

yeah the big tl;dr I took from it was "wait for item drop, then do your jumpy button stuff". I'll give that peacock stuff a try in training mode. It's probably best that I try and play her a little bit, mostly just to get a feel for how all of her items/georges work, that way it's a lot easier to realize where the holes are and what they are actually capable of doing. Regardless, I should be at GU relatively early again this week so I'll probably pick your brain some more before the mining of salt commences.

Dear Diary,

GUTS is this weekend, and boy oh boy am I excited XD I feel like a skullgirl all over again, and I hear that people from the internet will be there.

Anyway, real talk, parasoul is far from ready for GUTS, so I'll be rocking BB/Painwheel mega team of death. I am excited for my first legit tournament, should be a lot of fun meeting some of east coast's finest and enjoying a beer or 13 with them.

Actual notes:
- Been practicing getting out of ground and air resets lately, still have a long way to go but I'm feeling much more confident than I did 2 weeks ago
- Bella's Grab Bag, how the hell do people get out of these air resets? I know there is a tech window, granted it's much shorter than normal air throws, but I get hit by this 10/10 times even if I know it's coming.
- I've been spending some time learning how I can tag to my teammates mid-combo rather than relying on DHCs. In general, trying to do a better job managing red health and making smarter decisions regarding overall team management.
- Lastly, keep practicing double snaps -> @mcpeanuts showed me an actual double snap combo for PW ( s/cr.lk, st.mp, charge cr.hp; as opposed to doing cr.lk, cr.mk, s.hp loops ). It's pretty easy, but the timing is a tad difficult on lights since you need to delay the charge cr.hp a bit. @ peanuts , a few days after you showed me the real snap combo, somebody did the ground loop snap on me online....needless to say, I gained back tons of red health, gained tons of meter, and they ended up dropping it after like the 19th rep so my char didn't even die. Now I fully understand why you told me to never do it.

Reactions: mcpeanuts and gllt
- Bella's Grab Bag, how the hell do people get out of these air resets? I know there is a tech window, granted it's much shorter than normal air throws, but I get hit by this 10/10 times even if I know it's coming.
Mash. If you know a throw reset is coming just hammer the fuck out of LP+LK.

I spent a really really really long time on this combo yesterday, since it's best to spend a lot of time practicing impractical, execution heavy combos......

Anyway, it took me a really long time to get this to kill on a 3v2 ratio, I was consistently coming up just shy and it basically came down to having BB use less undizzy during his portion. This combo also takes advantage of a gameplay thing I noticed with BB, he doesn't lose his taunt if it never comes out during the super animations, whether it be on hit or block or whiff.

Otherwise, I'm still messing with OBS, but it's causing my PC to overheat and also the sound glitches like crazy, so this is probably the only recording ill have for a while. Yes, this is a Monitor Capture ( you can tell at the very end ), but it behaves the same in a Game Capture, #OBSWHYYYYY

Parasoul:

- st.lp and st.mp - gotta use these as my go-to normals in combos, rather than cr.lk, cr.mk... st.mp does an excellent job of moving parasoul forward and explodes tears, while st.lp has amazing range, so something like st.lp, st.mp, st.hp(2) xx L shot, st.lp, st.mp xx Egret cancel, st.lk, st.mp, cr.hp ^ other buttons works better than my usual go-to

- gotta do a better job of holding the stick neutral with her, I end up getting L napalm shot about 80% of the time when I want her lp pistol whip overhead.

- stop doing pillar xx bikes against Bella - she can reflect this, she can also reflect sniper.

- Been having trouble converting off of Beat Extend assist ( but this is the easiest thing ever stupid ) - I should probably just cr.hp launch and save the OTG, rather than trying to pick them up for a ground loop, will practice tonight

- Converting off of throws - getting better at this, just gotta keep practicing the timing and remember to charge an Egret Cancel

Painwheel:

- continue practicing burst baits + air resets: I've found plenty to work with in TM, but I keep forgetting to try them in a match, or just choke and fudge it up at the last second. Gotta keep grinding those baby steps and make a more conscious effort here, this is prob the most beneficial thing my PW needs.

- against Eliza - doesn't seem to be a very good idea to meet Eliza in the air, unless you have a hard read and pre-emptively throw out j.mp or charge j.hp xx thresher. However, charge st.mp works well against her IAD attempts, Eliza has no multi-hitting air moves IIRC, just gotta watch for Sehkmet. If she does throw out Sehkmet outside of combo, fly away or block+grab punish.

Big Band:

- you dirty motha fucka i love you

Big Band:

- you dirty motha fucka i love you

I try my best babe. Also you must play all Slam Jam mix'alot Songs while playing the Ham Band.

Ninjaface.png

- stop doing pillar xx bikes against Bella - she can reflect this, she can also reflect sniper.
This actually isn't safe against anyone, not just Bella. Bella has an easier punish than most (she could also do Merry Go Rilla actually) but everyone can block the Pillar then jump back and double jump/air dash to stay in the air then punish (maybe Parasoul herself can't punish it? idk). The exception is if your back is to the corner, that makes Pillar xx bikes a true blockstring.

This actually isn't safe against anyone, not just Bella. Bella has an easier punish than most (she could also do Merry Go Rilla actually) but everyone can block the Pillar then jump back and double jump/air dash to stay in the air then punish (maybe Parasoul herself can't punish it? idk). The exception is if your back is to the corner, that makes Pillar xx bikes a true blockstring.

Adding this to list of things to practice tonight, didn't realize that majority of the cast (if not all) can punish this. Really good to know, I've been getting away with a bad habit here, no bueno

Adding this to list of things to practice tonight, didn't realize that majority of the cast (if not all) can punish this. Really good to know, I've been getting away with a bad habit here, no bueno
I mean it's like any other reversal, if they're looking for it they can punish it. It's just that this one requires you to punish it in a weird way that's sometimes difficult to do, and not everyone even knows how to punish it.

Myself being one of those people, I'm on both sides of this since I abuse it on offense and don't know how to punish it on defense lol

but everyone can block the Pillar then jump back and double jump/air dash to stay in the air then punish (maybe Parasoul herself can't punish it? idk).

Outside of the corner, she can chickenblock it like most characters and go for throw before the bikes hit.

Most of the time though, Parasoul can only punish a reversal PillarxxBikes if she can make the pillar whiff by staying just outside of Pillar range, easiest to try this with superjump float.

thx for the input guys, always appreciated!

oh wait....

this can happen too

This looks like one of those WASTED gifs.

The exception is if your back is to the corner, that makes Pillar xx bikes a true blockstring.
Which is actually a lot worse - since mashing Pushblock on reaction to the Superflash, followed by letting go of the stick and pushing some buttons.. gives you the easiest PBGC in the game.

Haven't played much over the past two weeks, planning on practicing a bunch this weekend:

- Finally put in time against Fukua, I'm basically free to her right now. Need to learn to punish her. This is a re-occurring theme that needs to end
- Similar to that point, my defense is very hit or miss, usually miss. I mess up pushblock timing a lot and get hit for it, and I have trouble capitalizing on small windows to get out of pressure strings.
- Practice Parasoul double snaps

I have a pretty solid idea as to how my general gameplay looks from a high-level perspective, so I'm gunna try and write it all down vs. where I think it should be and how I want to play. This should help identify the main areas that I struggle in, and the main areas that my gameplay is lacking. The goal here is to "bring it all together" and fill in my holes (oh baby)

• Everyone feels free to Fukua, especially starting out. She's weird to fight in that she has an effective range of half the screen away and over your head. Many players don't even know what tools their characters have to play in that range, and she has a lot of lazy buttons to press that punish "typical" netplay reactions.
    • Particularly lazy / troll-y Fukua players can simply jump away with j.Blown Kiss while behind H Brass assist--this tactic is pretty frustrating to get around, even for experienced players, as unlike Peacock, Fukua has a lot of freedom to dance around while she's zoning you. This causes many players to attempt unsafe jump-in approaches to try and bat her out of the sky--but Fukua thrives on punishing these approaches from weird angles that other characters are ineffective from. You have to keep your cool and advance on the ground with chicken-blocking like with Peacock. Remember that Mike Z. decreased the hit- and block-stun of Blown Kiss from range, making this tactic less effective.
    • Inexperienced Fukua players often use Shadow to end strings, but its startup is unsafe at close range. You can jab/reversal in the gap. Depending on your character, you might even be able to Blockbuster punish at midrange for a full combo! If you're playing Cerebella, you can even reflector the shadows--don't let them get away with braid-dead spamming!
    • Inevitable Snuggle, Fukua's armored throw, is still vulnerable to being thrown. Again, Cerebella has a field day with this with Diamond Drop. Peacock can use L Bang! to get around it. Some players like to abuse this move, even though it's slow as dirt.
    • Fukua players like to do resets directly over your head with j.L Blown Kiss. A lot of reversals, such as Updo or Pillar, whiff at this angle, which is what they're trying to get you to do for the punish.
  • Sometimes pushblock isn't the answer. Some players leave small gaps during common chains as a pushblock bait to get you to press buttons. Other times, the added blockstun and push of the pushblock can cover up punish opportunities, so sometimes it's safer to just sit there and wait if you're not sure pushblocking will help you.
  • Parasoul's Double-Take is super-easy. It's just c.LK c.HP ^ (uncombo delay) j.HP (otg), ad infinity. I'll admit it's tough to do it on demand, since Double-Takes opportunities are a little rare.

Inexperienced Fukua players often use Shadow to end strings, but its startup is unsafe at close range. You can jab/reversal in the gap. Depending on your character, you might even be able to Blockbuster punish at midrange for a full combo! If you're playing Cerebella, you can even reflector the shadows--don't let them get away with braid-dead spamming!
This is my big problem against Fukua, and I've been told plenty of times it's not a true blockstring, but in game I always get either CH trying to jab, they're out of throw range, they delay H drill, or they call assist just before shadow.

I need to just go in training mode and grind it out, which I have not done. The blame is on me here.

Parasoul's Double-Take is super-easy. It's just c.LK c.HP ^ (uncombo delay) j.HP (otg), ad infinity. I'll admit it's tough to do it on demand, since Double-Takes opportunities are a little rare.

Sweet I'll practice that, this is just something I haven't practiced yet with her.

As always, I appreciate the write-up @Emuchu

@Emuchu - Right now I'm pretty much playing PW ( cr.mp )/ Parasoul ( L Shot )/ Big Band ( L Beat extend ), but dabbling with random variations of those characters/assists just to get more experience with them.

I haven't really played with this assist setup yet, but I'm curious about trying Napalm Pillar, H Brass, and L Pinion all together. I've used them all in some combination, but never all 3 together.

Here's my matches from GU this past Friday, I don't have the time right now to comment on them in detail but I'll give a few initial thoughts. I was somewhat nervous, but overall I had a lot of fun and I'm really enjoying the "tournament pressure". Knowing that you only have roughly 2-3 losses changes everything.

Overall I feel pretty good about this one, plenty of execution errors but all in all I don't think I did anything too stupid, for me at least. I need to slow myself down a tad, I messed up combos off of throw a lot which shouldn't be happening, I'm gunna give like 1/5 of the blame to my stick since I've been tweaking the joystick lately, but it's still no excuse for messing up basic stuff. I also do fly a lot, which peanuts even mentions, but I never really got punished or challenged for it so I kept doing it.

Pretty similar story as the Icky match, some execution errors in there but I think I played a bit more controlled and calm, I was certainly feeling more confident since it was my 2nd game so I got the jitters out already. I tried to stay on the ground a lot more since Sorc was playing with A-Train assist and I didn't want to have to deal with dive kick servants.

So the nerves/jitters are back at this point, since I already know what I'm getting myself into. I was actually way more focused on just trying to figure out what team size/order I should play, since Peanuts is playing a duo now. In general, my gameplay was very autopilot and most of my rush punches were sloppy and thrown at random. Why am I even doing L Brass when items are on screen, or I know ones coming? Gotta get some more match practice against Peacock.

In hindsight, I think one of the biggest mistakes I made was the rush punch xx SSJ at the ~4:09 mark. I got my hit, and had Peanuts in the corner, yet I still did SSJ and completely gave away my advantage, and the rest of that game I pretty much just sat full screen and died. Not at all saying I would have won if I kept Peanuts in the corner, but I basically handed him the victory by doing the SSJ.

Lastly, it probably would have been best if I just went solo BB, that way I can at least capitalize on damage to make up for the skill gap. I was contemplating running PW with BB(H. Brass), but I get worried since one bad assist call can mean huge damage.

Another case of "who the hell should I play?". I know that a 3 person team is a no-no here, and I probably should have tried PW/Parasoul (H. pillar) but I don't have much practice with that team at all. My hope with Parasoul/BB ( H brass ) was that I could hopefully play keepaway and zone, but clearly that got shut down immediately. For game 2, I should have switched to solo PW here, but I wanted to give the PS/BB team 1 more go rather than giving up right away. The 3rd game was my best of the 3, so I'll probably stick to point PW for this matchup whether she's solo or w/ an assist.

All in all, I have a lot that I'm able to take away from these matches so that's great news for me, I'll do my best to add some timestamps and more details about specifics later when I have the chance. Most of the execution errors are blatantly obvious, and the commentary is pretty much spot on whenever someone said "i think he meant to do something else".

In hindsight, I think one of the biggest mistakes I made was the rush punch xx SSJ at the ~4:09 mark. I got my hit, and had Peanuts in the corner, yet I still did SSJ and completely gave away my advantage, and the rest of that game I pretty much just sat full screen and died. Not at all saying I would have won if I kept Peanuts in the corner, but I basically handed him the victory by doing the SSJ.
Agreed, you're normally pretty good about knowing when to super cancel Brass and when to let it rock so you can probably attribute this to nerves. I also agree that solo BB probably does the best against Peacock of your characters.