• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Digital Art Compendium Discussion

Well, there's going to be tons of characters coming out eventually (knock on wood). I'm sure at some point well be able to get a bundle frame dump for everyone. Or, like, "Skullgirls 2: Gold Edition" that comes with all the colors and dlc unlocked along with cool things like the digital art compendium (DAC?).

Reactions: Wenzel
Yeah, it's been fun to go through the compendium and see all of those smear and squash frames. I love how well 2D animation can show implied motion that way, and give the actions a nice snappy quality that doesn't feel stiff.

Like, it's cool how Bella's j.HP doesn't have inbetween frames of her closing her hands. Her clap just goes from open hands -> closed+smear -> closed. I think too many new games forget the power of the smear, and so some of their animations either end up looking kinda glitchy, or overly smooth.

After going through pretty much the whole thing, here's some funny/cool/neat ones. http://imgur.com/a/ZRyku/embed

There's so many little things that I never would have seen without this. Hopefully one day we can have similar stuff for future characters.
I didn't realize Peacock's pushblock animation was George growing a giant foot and kicking through the cinderblock. That's nuts.

Reactions: WarpedEcho
After going through pretty much the whole thing, here's some funny/cool/neat ones. http://imgur.com/a/ZRyku/embed

There's so many little things that I never would have seen without this. Hopefully one day we can have similar stuff for future characters.
qKVWTkE.png

I'll never forget this frame.

vWDo5On.png

STAHP TEMTING ME! DAMMIT!

I WANT TO BUY THE COMPENDIUM TOO!

BTW, if people want to make more imgur albums of errors, those are very useful. I sent the Cere one to Rich already.

Reactions: Wenzel
Wait, so fortune actually has her fingers up her nose...? Which animation is that on?

Also, if it's helpful, I can try and go through compiling errors I find tomorrow.

I had some good laughs with these pictures. You guys have made my night.

Wait, so fortune actually has her fingers up her nose...? Which animation is that on?

Also, if it's helpful, I can try and go through compiling errors I find tomorrow.

It blew my mind when I saw it, but she uses her nostrils as the finger holes in a bowling ball.

Ahhh guys, I'd really like to see that Peacocks train super...
Tell me, is that good?
I can't wait to buy DAC. (Yeah, I haven't got any money six months ago...)
Will it worth it?

Ahhh guys, I'd really like to see that Peacocks train super...
Tell me, is that good?
I can't wait to buy DAC. (Yeah, I haven't got any money six months ago...)
Will it worth it?
It's amazing.

I'm looking at all the frames yall posted and sadly Parasoul just doesn't look like she has interesting things like the majority of the cast
:(
*sigh* I guess that's the price for being a no-nonsense ruler.

Couldn't really think of anywhere else to post this.

I find myself in a bit of a situation. A while ago I found myself donating to the Skullgirls Indiegogo. Captivated by the game's charm, I donated towards the Patron of the Arts tier of the fundraiser. And now the time has come for me to determine which character frame I should get immortalized in ink, but I find myself unable to decide what I want as there are literally dozens of frames that look amazing, and probably many more that I haven't even found in the compendium.

So good people of Skullheart, what do you think I should do?

So good people of Skullheart, what do you think I should do?
Download a program that can easily add all the frames to a slideshow that plays in random order. (like irfanview)

Go through the slideshow until you find ones you like. Maybe only add a couple characters' frames to the slideshow.

Edit: Random slideshow beats navigating folders for browing. (One keypress per image, instead of navigating folders.)

Sorry that I didn't get back to this e-mail sooner. I don't think there would be any problem in uploading singular frames; it's not like we can already stop the masses who have already done so!
Just practice discretion, and of course, the frames are not allowed for commerical re-use.

DAMNIT! My dream of a kung-fu zombie fight between Hsien-ko and Squigly has once again been killed.

Well, I really want to see those unused animations, but I don't want all Digital Art Compendium.
1. I do't have space in my computer.
2. I actually do't care about frames of attacks I have already seen.
Can I buy just unused animations? Or will someone upload it? Will I be able to see them in the future? (like on Deviant Art, Tumblr, Skullgirls.com or gallery in the game)
btw Sorry I'm not good in English.

Well, I really want to see those unused animations, but I don't want all Digital Art Compendium.
1. I do't have space in my computer.
2. I actually do't care about frames of attacks I have already seen.
Can I buy just unused animations? Or will someone upload it? Will I be able to see them in the future? (like on Deviant Art, Tumblr, Skullgirls.com or gallery in the game)
Yeah, me too. But I don't think someone will upload it. If yes, I'd be very happy.

I'm pretty sure you can't ask people to upload anything from the compendium. Though I'm pretty sure I've seen the peacock train super and another of peacocks unused moves on. The internet before. You can really only look through the internet or wait until you can buy it and then buy it.

@Mike_Z
Fortune and Filia errors gathered. There probably are more Bella ones I missed, since I wasn't looking for those in particular. I can go back through bella at some point, but for now I'm to other characters. The descriptions of each error are in the description of each picture.
http://imgur.com/a/tidfz/embed
http://imgur.com/a/7KzgC/embed

Reactions: Error Macro
Skull eyes?
Edit: OH her neck bell

I did Fortune 11, the scars are there due to perspective.

Attachments

• mfortune_hdsprite_walk_back_v01.gif
    mfortune_hdsprite_walk_back_v01.gif
    307 KB · Views: 1,534
Last edited:
Skull eyes?
Edit: OH her neck bell

I did Fortune 11, the scars are there due to perspective.
Sorry, yeah, the necklace thing. Didn't know what it was, so I called it a little skull thing, since many characters have a skull somewhere. And yeah, that one is a perspective thing. Going through, characters seem to only have certain kinds of easily missed errors, like filia's ear accidentally being the hair color, so after I found the first extra scar I guess I was looking too hard for more.

Thanks for sharing this stuff guys. Too bad back in time i had no idea of what that DAC was. Boohoo.
Now i wonder how many times people mailed the staff begging for it and a way to buy it. :D

Just started going through Squigly's stuff, will note more if I see but for part of her tag out, she seems to have a floating hand in the animation. This supposed to be there?
tag_out04_squigly_1p.png

Reactions: jam1220
Just started going through Squigly's stuff, will note more if I see but for part of her tag out, she seems to have a floating hand in the animation. This supposed to be there?
tag_out04_squigly_1p.png
Look at the frame before, but probably, it's a type of smear. If you look at some old Looney Toons cartoons, frames with like 5 or six hands or feet happen especially if they are running.

Look at the frame before, but probably, it's a type of smear. If you look at some old Looney Toons cartoons, frames with like 5 or six hands or feet happen especially if they are running.
The motion is right, just seems weird that the smear is just a still of the hand and not an action shot fo the total arm.

Unused Peacock animation.
870.gif

Is this official? I don't see it in the art compendium. If it is, it would be pretty amazing to have it be a holdable taunt like Big Band's.

Reactions: jam1220
So, when is that becoming an alternate win pose for Peacock?
I am super surprised this isn't a win pose

Its ADORABLE. :D

Is this official? I don't see it in the art compendium. If it is, it would be pretty amazing to have it be a holdable taunt like Big Band's.
Lonesome Lenny, it used to work differently at one point, I guess.

The uploader (in KYM's SG gallery) referred it as that - Unused Peacock Animation. I don't have the compendium so I can't say if that animation is "legit" or not. If it's a fake, it's a damn good one. (EDIT: Maji'd)

While I'm at it, here's some more:
Those frames being put to creative use. :3
b57.png

A alleged discarded b.MP.
6ac.gif

The longer you look at it, the faster it seems to get. @_@
6f3.gif

~They see me rollin',
I''ll be explodin'~

805.gif

The uploader (in KYM's SG gallery) referred it as that - Unused Peacock Animation. I don't have the compendium so I can't say if that animation is "legit" or not. If it's a fake, it's a damn good one. (EDIT: Maji'd)

While I'm at it, here's some more:
Those frames being put to creative use. :3
b57.png
Oh hey, that's mine, hahaha.

Reactions: Balder