• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Doesn't everyone love Sonic? - The Sonic the Hedgehog thread.

Being the big tough guy is literally the exact opposite of Luigi's personality.
But that's the jok...oh never mind.

Mr. Horse really is your dad, isn't he?

Guile%27s_Sonic_Boom.gif

Guile finally got his own game guys its... wait... the hedgehog? Why do they all look so freakin bad? Ah fuck Sega, get your shit together.

Oh right, Sonic Boom. lol, it looks like it's going to be the worst game since 06.
Sonic has abnormally large legs, Knuckles is suddenly a bouncer, amy is horny, there's tape everywhere, and tails is..okay tails is fine. But still, the designs are overall garbage and they look even worse in-game.

Also, having a "westernized" anything is a terrible idea. Americans have fucking awful taste, and everyone knows it. I hope this game bombs hard (provided it is as terrible as it looks).

You're grossly overacting. How are the designs garbage when there hasn't been any radical changes? Sonic got a wraps and scarf, the world will burn. Knuckles gets a look that actually fits his role, the sky is falling. How is Amy horny? A flirty look towards Sonic makes her a horny devil now?

Horseman said:
WOAH WOAH WOAH
While everyone complained about knuckles... was that eggman? With a notably not-egg-shaped torso? Because that's a fucking outrage.

Eggman can still have the egg motif without looking like an egg himself. His robot's are still egg shaped

AND ABOVE ALL, ABSOLUTELY NO MENTION TO
WTF?

Reactions: Crayolan
I'd imagine a remix of Sonic Boom (the song) will be used for the game, but all first Sonic trailers use "real" music to draw in a bigger crowd and investors. Generations used My Chemical Romance.

I would like to add that Sonic have wraps around his shoes isn't stupid. It in fact uses a practical purpose. Football players often spat their cleats for greater ankle support and stability. Sonic does a lot of running so the support it's nice for him to have.

Knuckles gets a look that actually fits his role, the sky is falling.
It's more that it's incredibly jarring when he looked entirely different for the last couple decades, and his original head is still right there perfectly in-tact.
Although to be technical, his role was always "guardian of the master emerald" which he didn't really need to be buff for... He was never really the big meat head muscle guy. I hope he's not like that in sonic boom.

Eggman can still have the egg motif without looking like an egg himself. His robot's are still egg shaped
But he's a fucking eggman. Not man who makes eggrobots. Eggman.

I would like to add that Sonic have wraps around his shoes isn't stupid. It in fact uses a practical purpose. Football players often spat their cleats for greater ankle support and stability. Sonic does a lot of running so the support it's nice for him to have.
If we're going for realism, Sonic's legs are super thin sticks that could barely support his body weight let alone break the sound barrier. There is no amount of ankle support that will fix this.

HIS ARMS ARE BLUE
BLUE ARMS
BLUE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMS

really though I like the new designs
sonic's design changed a bit back when adventure came out and they were going in a new direction from there
this spinoff is going in a different direction, so changing the designs isn't really that terrible

And yet there's still people who complain that he's not "Robotnik".

Little do they know, he's always been Eggman. He was changed to Robotnik for American audiences because that's cooler.

Robotnik is the Sonic franchises' Bad Box Art Mega Man.

Reactions: Jake Was Here
Robotnik was so well liked that they canonized it

Yeah, but if his name is Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, you call him Eggman, not Robotnik.

Just like you refer to Calvin "Snoop Dogg" Cordozar Broadus, Jr. as Snoop Dogg and not Calvin. He'd kill you dead if you called him Calvin.

It's more that it's incredibly jarring when he looked entirely different for the last couple decades, and his original head is still right there perfectly in-tact.
Although to be technical, his role was always "guardian of the master emerald" which he didn't really need to be buff for... He was never really the big meat head muscle guy. I hope he's not like that in sonic boom.

Knuckles is the group's bruiser. Punching things and super strength is what he provides when the Master Emerald gets stolen or broken and he's from a race of warrior people. He should look be built like Brock Lesnar. Knuckles may not be a meat head but he isn't smart. The guy is very gullible.

Horseman said:

His name doesn't have to be literal.

Horseman said:
If we're going for realism, Sonic's legs are super thin sticks that could barely support his body weight let alone break the sound barrier. There is no amount of ankle support that will fix this.

It's a response to people that are complaining about the bandages. Bringing up it's real world application is to show that it isn't dumb for a character like Sonic to have.

I like to think the bandages on Sonic's shoes give the impression that he's had the same shoes for a long time, they've started to fall apart, so the tape is there to keep them together and add traction to his shoes which lost theirs a long time ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Broseidon Rex
He is still technically egg shaped. It's just more of an inverted egg with the wider end on top and the rounded point on the bottom.

Knuckles is the group's bruiser. Punching things and super strength is what he provides when the Master Emerald gets stolen or broken and he's from a race of warrior people. He should look be built like Brock Lesnar. Knuckles may not be a meat head but he isn't smart. The guy is very gullible.
Still, I'm saying that it was never weird or awkward that he wasn't buff before. That's what you made it sound like.
I'm okay with the change, it may have been a little overly dramatic but the actual design isn't terrible. They probably should have changed his head at least a little bit to make it less awkward, though.

His name doesn't have to be literal.
Everything has to be literal god dammit.
Sonic needs to become a sound wave.

And yet there's still people who complain that he's not "Robotnik"..
I still wish they'd just go back to calling him Robotnik again. The name Eggman was never cool or clever to me. Not only did "Robotnik" have a nice ring to it, but the word's history also provided a great double entendre for the character. The term was even popularized around the time of Teddy Roosevelt, who we all know was a major inspiration for the doctor's design. Lotta great layers there.

On top of that, you also got to hear Sonic call him "RoBUTTnik!"

Reactions: Balder
You guys think Knuckles will still be able to glade?

You guys think Knuckles will still be able to glade?
I wonder if he still won't chuckle.

and I don't see why he wouldn't be able to glide.

he's still got his giant dreads to catch the wind under

which is still the dumbest explanation ever but whatever man
gonna punch everything as knuckles all day

TBH, I always hated sonic's skin colored arms. it always look like he was in a weird sleeveless body suit and the new arms look lie he's actually covered in fur (or quills) around most of his body.

The internet is having a motherlovin' field day, I tell you.
They completely missed the opportunity to make tails Jon.

The darn shame was that he was working on another one but stopped.

So I'm cracking down and trying to beat Sonic Lost World since it's kibnda been sitting there since October.
I'm still enjoying it but there are no doubt some faults.
Like spending an entire level in a fucking snowball for no rhyme or reason and it playing like Super Monkey Ball or something.

But for the most part it's awesome.
It's surprisingly dark though, holy shit.
But I do love how Eggman threatens to, in order. "Eat your black hearts" "burn your world and destroy everything you love" and "strangle" them
Like holy fucking shit yes.
More of that please.

I found where Big Red Button got the inspiration for Robotnik's new design.
tumblr_inline_mzi0av0aLl1rzas5e.png

tumblr_n0pecvA8tm1s5w8kyo1_500.png

"THAT'S WHAT I LOOK LIKE!"

The new Sonic Boom Game that was announce in my opinion is very disrespectful ! The thought of changing how Sonic and all the others look is very stupid. But seriously why this Knuckles !!! I'm going to kill myself if this game does better than Sonic '06.

BTW, Amy and Tails new design's is acceptable.

sonic-boom-button-modjpg-464c30.jpg

loonieboy, that is a bit extreme....

I am an VERY Extreme sonic fan and I disapprove Sonic Boom

I am an VERY Extreme sonic fan and I disapprove Sonic Boom
still... saying you'll kill yourself is a bit extreme, especially in this day and age where threatening to kill yourself is NOT really a proper thing to do.

TBH, a lot of people like the new designs. sonic now looks more normal and his blue arms look better than his bare skin ones anyway, knuckles, while a little extreme in change, looks fucking rad now.

still... saying you'll kill yourself is a bit extreme, especially in this day and age where threatening to kill yourself is NOT really a proper thing to do.

TBH, a lot of people like the new designs. sonic now looks more normal and his blue arms look better than his bare skin ones anyway, knuckles, while a little extreme in change, looks fucking rad now.

well i guess your right about killing myself, but I prefer the Original Sonic, and since when this knuckes look "rad" ! he looks like a big Derp!

well i guess your right about killing myself, but I prefer the Original Sonic, and since when this knuckes look "rad" ! he looks like a big Derp!
that's what makes him so rad! he's so dumb he's awesome! I love it! I also like how knuckles actually has muscles now. I just wish his legs could gain a TEENY bit of thickness though.

you know I remember people saying the same things about the new Dante from DmC but that game seemed to do well, I don't think it is fair to judge a game just by how a redesigned character looks when there really has been no major game play footage shown

TBH, I can't find much wrong with DmC. I think its great and would definitely love to see a sequel from Ninja Theory. Fuck da haters.

sonic boom and DmC FTW!

Reactions: Jutsei