• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Doesn't everyone love Sonic? - The Sonic the Hedgehog thread.

dumb knuckles is terrible
but boring dreamcast knuckles is even worse
i just want cocky asshole knuckles back
he can even be a little dim but please just make knuckles a cocky asshole again

shut up. big doofy beefy knuckles is best knuckles.

also, this game is made by former naughty dog employees. I have no doubt it will be good.

nope
cocky asshole knuckles the best

though really knuckles' new design is kinda bear compared to the others
sonic got a scarf
tails got inventor stuff
amy got a whole new outfit
but knuckles just got ripped

he needs something more
maybe
a hat

#BringBackHatKnuckles2014

nope
cocky asshole knuckles the best

though really knuckles' new design is kinda bear compared to the others
sonic got a scarf
tails got inventor stuff
amy got a whole new outfit
but knuckles just got ripped

he needs something more
maybe
a hat

#BringBackHatKnuckles2014
A hat with bandages?

What if we put new knuckles.... in old knuckles' hat, and he could also be muscle asshole?

knuckles's old hat got set on fire way too easier

new knuckles needs a hat that can withstand the elements
hence
made of bandages

What if we put new knuckles.... in old knuckles' hat, and he could also be muscle asshole?
Good enough for me.

TBH, I can't find much wrong with DmC. I think its great and would definitely love to see a sequel from Ninja Theory. Fuck da haters.
Hell no. I'd rather they take what they learned from DmC and use it to make Heavenly Sword 2 starring Kai. And without all that Sixaxis BS.

you know I remember people saying the same things about the new Dante from DmC but that game seemed to do well, I don't think it is fair to judge a game just by how a redesigned character looks when there really has been no major game play footage shown
Same here.

I still dont think DmC was bad.
Never liked the old Dante to begin with

I just never liked Dante, he could be as cool as he wanted but I still don't like him. he just comes off so bland.

now Bayo though. she's a character. lemme tell ya.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I haven't played it, but I dont see the problem with it outside of pacing with gameplay. everyone who complains about sonic being slow has never played a lot of classic sonic where sonic often times had to slow down or even stop in some cases.

Reactions: Jake Was Here
As I said before, it can be slow at times and there are some shitty gimmicks
(Like a SPOTLIGHT LEVEL? IN SONIC? WHERE BEING SPOTTED INSTANT KILLS YOU?)
But aside from that it's fun and does have a nice (albeit dark) story

I haven't played it, but I dont see the problem with it outside of pacing with gameplay. everyone who complains about sonic being slow has never played a lot of classic sonic where sonic often times had to slow down or even stop in some cases.
Odd, most people I hear complaints from don't like the voice acting.

Don't Sonic games and subpar English voice acting go hand in hand?

Really?
The voice acting doesn't bother me at all, if anything it's the best voice acting Sonic's gotten in years.
I just don't get the point of all the fuss. For me the first voice of Sonic was Jaleel White and that stuck with me for years until I played Sonic Adventure. I don't even care who voices him, but a lot of people make a big deal every time the VA's change. Most of the time they aren't even complaining about the dialog, just the voices.

Reactions: Jake Was Here
I just don't get the point of all the fuss. For me the first voice of Sonic was Jaleel White and that stuck with me for years until I played Sonic Adventure. I don't even care who voices him, but a lot of people make a big deal every time the VA's change. Most of the time they aren't even complaining about the dialog, just the voices.
sonic fans make a big deal about EVERY little change in sonic

his eyes aren't green
he's supposed to be chubby
his arms aren't blue

they can never be happy... like many other fans.

I'm happy with the Sonic franchise (save for 06) and I try the games before I judge them. Maybe the reason why I'm feel more accepting to new stuff for the series is because I was introduced to it through the tv shows first and games second.

you know I remember people saying the same things about the new Dante from DmC but that game seemed to do well,

Uh, no. Only the professional critics and a small chunk of the fanbase liked it, and it's one of the lowest-selling games of the entire series.

But I digress.

I'm happy with the Sonic franchise (save for 06) and I try the games before I judge them. Maybe the reason why I'm feel more accepting to new stuff for the series is because I was introduced to it through the tv shows first and games second.
Quoted for truth.

The new Sonic Boom Game that was announce in my opinion is very disrespectful ! The thought of changing how Sonic and all the others look is very stupid. But seriously why this Knuckles !!! I'm going to kill myself if this game does better than Sonic '06.

BTW, Amy and Tails new design's is acceptable.

You must live a pathetic existence if minor changes in a fictional work is enough to get you to kill yourself.

Reactions: loonieboy9697
sonic_by_southpawper-d79ty40.jpg

So... anyone still read the Archie comics? Kinda glad the got rid of Penders, but I will miss you Elias. </3

Oh, and Shard too.

So... anyone still read the Archie comics? Kinda glad the got rid of Penders, but I will miss you Elias. </3

Oh, and Shard too.
Last I read was the Worlds Collide cross over event. I did get issues regularly back in 2000, but then I missed one issue and that slowly evolved into just getting them when ever. If Scourge ever makes a come back I may start up again.

I own nearly every Sonic game, so I figured I should grab Lost World.
Played the first level, then the Yoshi's Island level, then returned it.
no regrets. loooooved the YI level though.

Oh, and Shard too.

I've been reading it post Worlds Collide, and yeah, I like it. The reset was really needed.

Reactions: Φ
It sooooo was. Felt like I was reading a Sonic soap opera. But I'm gonna miss those two the most... although the Dark Legion being gone is a plus. I never really liked some of those characters.

I hate that guy. He's just... eww. I wonder what they'll do with Knuckles now that the lawsuit is over and ScumbagPenders took the race of his race as his own characters (and Elias </3, no word on Shard though)

That is not a good design. The feet look silly, the hair is dumb, and it looks more like an OC than a canon character.

All that being said... I think I kind of like that design. I don't know what it is, the color scheme, the spikes, or what, but I actually sort of like that look. I feel ashamed :(