• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Doesn't everyone love Sonic? - The Sonic the Hedgehog thread.

My problem is it literally sounds like DeviantArt made canon.

My charucter is shadows brother from the black arms who is prue blooded instead of half hedgehog and he's like black and red nad has a small biolizard on his hand which he can shoot lasers with and hes a bit childish at times but cant be controled by death's eye or black death who is another commander like black doom and he can control shadow to attack his team mates and stuff. original do not steal
^ That is actually all true.

But like, they introduced other 'original' characters that aren't bad, like a Snake commander of Eggman's army
Mordred_Hood_v2.png

My problem is it literally sounds like DeviantArt made canon.
Oh yeah, the background story, abilities, and character itself sound terrible. The design, specifically, is what I find myself liking.

If it means anything, I don't actually read the Archie Comics; the image of the character you showed was my first time seeing him.

i will admit though that tiny biolizard is cute as fuck and I want one

But like, they introduced other 'original' characters that aren't bad, like a Snake commander of Eggman's army
Mordred_Hood_v2.png
He reminds me of one of the original Freedom Fighters they introduced back in 2004. As one of them was a snake that betrayed the others, could this be a call back to that particular character or is he the same one from the new timeline?

So I don't know if everyone here knows why the comics rebooted, and that's because one of the Archie guys, Ken Penders, sued Archie and said the characters he made are "his". So, Archie and him parted ways, but then Penders said that they need to remove any and all traces of his additions to the series. This lead to Archie literally removing them from the Multiverse canon forever.

But, Penders still has his characters. And he's making his own comic series with them.
Spoilered because these images are not for the faint of heart.
Lara-Su_Pro.jpg

Lien-DaFA1.jpg

DimitriFR1.jpg

10253778_622573667819537_974089805712376482_n.jpg

734567_622756001134637_1148755598231144041_n.jpg

Let me remind you that this man is SERIOUS. Number one, they aren't Echidnas, they're now an alien race called the Ech'ydnahs. I'm not joking. Number two, this is expected to be a real thing that he thinks is BETTER than Sonic proper.

This man is insane.

And of course, I had to get in on the parodies.
F0mLUtU.png

Penders is so stupid, I swear. He got rid of my Elias... maybe Shard too...

He literally called himself the savoir of the series, but all he mad it was a giant soap opera with Sonic characters.

I kinda figured the guy was a nut; I just didn't realize how nutty he was until recently.

So I don't know if everyone here knows why the comics rebooted, and that's because one of the Archie guys, Ken Penders, sued Archie and said the characters he made are "his". So, Archie and him parted ways, but then Penders said that they need to remove any and all traces of his additions to the series. This lead to Archie literally removing them from the Multiverse canon forever.

But, Penders still has his characters. And he's making his own comic series with them.
Spoilered because these images are not for the faint of heart.
Lara-Su_Pro.jpg

Lien-DaFA1.jpg

DimitriFR1.jpg

Let me remind you that this man is SERIOUS. Number one, they aren't Echidnas, they're now an alien race called the Ech'ydnahs. I'm not joking. Number two, this is expected to be a real thing that he thinks is BETTER than Sonic proper.
DEAR GOD WHY?!?

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention... if you look over to your left you can see a giant pile of crap once made by one of the worst writers and Elias haters, ever, Ken Penders.

I for one, welcome our new Ech'ydnah overlords

I like the archie sonic comic book, I just get a little annoyed when they do comic book retellings of the video games (like that's what the video game is for do your own thing archie). I like the reboot of the series so far but then again I also said I liked Red Hood and the Outlaws and now I could care less. So I'm just crossing my fingers for now

I for one, welcome our new Ech'ydnah overlords
You have fun with that.

Wow, those Ech'ydnah (how do you pronounce that?) characters look TERRIBLE! That last one looked like an antagonist straight out of Food Fight!

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't think he knows his artist(s) from his editor(s).

it could be worse. . . it could be. . . .Sonichu

It could be even worse than that. It could have been the Sonic equivalent of Superman IV.

This man is insane.
I don't know which one describes my feelings better after seeing that, Knuckles in confusion or Chaos the water god and final boss of a video game breaking out of his master emerald prison to be...not here
Image2.png

...I choose both
fyi yes I did copy and paste from youtube cause I'm too lazy to use my own scanner right now

Reactions: juju_for_president
WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT? I've been looking everyone for the latest issue... I don't think that Tails Kicks Ass site uploaded it yet.

144456%20-%20animated%20open_mouth%20pinkie_pie%20reaction_image.gif
Sweet merciful crap. Did they come from the Uncanny Valley?

Reactions: juju_for_president
10270529_631636790246558_2542715968520935193_n.jpg

New Sonic Boom art leaked.

That might be Marine in an updated redesign. We've seen it before in concept art, but this may hint at her being a new playable. Which would be cool

Oh yeah, in case you don't know, I'm the go-to Sonic guy. If you're a fan, check out the YouTube channel/Podcast/entity I work on, The Sonic Show. We do stupid shit.

Reactions: Φ
It's not Marine.
Marine is a raccoon
that's a badger

Uh oh, they adding new characters... THE SONIC CYCLE ROLLS ON!

Reactions: DDB
Badger_2353161b.jpg

Badger markings go upwards (much like our new friend here)

raccoon-mom-and-baby-0567[1].jpg

Raccoon markings go sideways (like Marine)

she's a badger (who also doesn't have a raccoon tail at all)

Reactions: KaboomKid
Personaly I don't mind if it's a redesign or a new character. Why? Because I think the Sonic Cycle is complete bull shit. I think she might help the plot greatly.

Reactions: Goodbye18000
well

fine

looks like you're the sonic guy now
I can't tell weather you are sayimg that with a hurtful/threatening tone or if it was suppose to be a friendly tone. I just said what I did about that Sonic Cycle crap because it makes people judge new Sonic games as bad before they are even released.

Anyone talk about chao yet?

I like chao.

I can't tell weather you are sayimg that with a hurtful/threatening tone or if it was suppose to be a friendly tone. I just said what I did about that Sonic Cycle crap because it makes people judge new Sonic games as bad before they are even released.

That was

a) meant for Ruin and his animal mastery

b) a parody of this

That was

a) meant for Ruin and his animal mastery

b) a parody of this
Ah. Sorry about that, thought it was directed at me.

And Stuff, I also like chao and think they should be broght back.

I had fond memories of chao as well. Taking care of them, seeing them smile, racing...

I miss my running chao Speedy. ;_;

last thing I saw of chaos was when he broke out of the master emerald and ran away (probably cause he realized they were making a comic book adaptation of Sonic Unleashed)