• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fire Emblem

I liked the characters of Birthright better, such as Azama, Setsuna, Saizo, Subaki, Hinoka (the bae), and others. I also found Shiro to be great, and I really liked Rhajat. It gave me a reason to use some children.

The only characters I really liked in Nohr were Niles, Odin, Lazlow, Arthur, and the family. I can't think of anybody else right now.
Like I said, I disagree with you there. While Birthright does have good characters (Azama and Takumi were two I really liked), aside from a few, the cast is not good. In Conquest, however, even the characters I wasn't crazy about were tolerable, and there were plenty of stand out ones (Leo, Elise, Xander, Niles, Odin, Laslow).

In Birthright, there were quite a few units I either disliked (Hinata, again) or thought were very disappointing (playing Birthright after Conquest, I was disappointed with Ryoma especially; he wasn't particularly bad, but he wasn't nearly as interesting as Xander). There are a few good children as well, with Siegbert being the best child unit in Conquest imo. I absolutely hate Shiro as you know already, and I'm not crazy about Rhajat. Overall, the characters just seem to be written better in Conquest.
Hinoka (the bae)
HAHAHAHAHAHAH.
Sorry.

I hate Shiro based entirely on his Paralogue being fucking impossible.

Anyone have any tips for Chapter 18 of Conquest (The Izana one)?All of my units get decked before I can even reach the armored bosses,and even Xander dies on the front door.Any advice?

I hate Shiro based entirely on his Paralogue being fucking impossible.
do rescue staves not exist in birthright or something

Anyone have any tips for Chapter 18 of Conquest (The Izana one)?All of my units get decked before I can even reach the armored bosses,and even Xander dies on the front door.Any advice?
At this point of Conquest the game decidedly trolls you by throwing high damage units with ungodly speed. Generals and Xander become useless you need high speed units with lots of hp to tank hits(A Master Sealed Niles will do the trick and is most likely the one you leveled up first since the dreaded ch.10 is a farm fest for him) and a dedicated healer so they don't die. Be sure to take advantage of hallways and choke points so in enemy phase your units hopefully take only one hit.

do rescue staves not exist in birthright or something
They do.

But there's just so much shit coming at me.

...I don't get why everybody had so much trouble with Shiro's Paralogue...I just rushed my units to him using the dragon veins and Azura to increase movement. I don't think anything really happened that was a problem AFTER getting Shiro. Was I missing something?

Also, after A Ranking Shiro with Ryoma and using a friendship seal, I'm glad to see his swordmaster model has Ryoma's armor. Very glad.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH.
Sorry.
We'll see who's laughing about who's waifu, Lazloser. :^)

Last edited:
Seriously though any child of Camilla's is a beast
On Chapter 20 of Conquest(The windy one)I let her get blown across the stage for a dozen turns after everyone else had died and it took multiple freeze staves for the enemy to take her down
Eugenics everybody

Serious question: is the game easily beatable if you just play with "characters you like" instead of trying to get the best offspring?

I have access to the lesbian's paralogue mission.

Why in the FUCK are there so many Faceless?

Bitch, you better at least be a good unit.

Serious question: is the game easily beatable if you just play with "characters you like" instead of trying to get the best offspring?

On normal mode, hell yes. On hard mode, if you're good enough. On Lunatic, almost certainly not.

Need an opinion on this
Is it sad that I needed to take someone else's Dwyer to get over the death of my own?I mean,I feel so creepy just gratifying my own need for my dead son by stealing a replica of someone elses.
His blue hair really takes me out of pretending he's mine.

No big deal.

I replaced my Kaze.

Reactions: Stairwayyy
Holy shit I just learned about the MyCastle hacking going on
Now I feel really ashamed for not noticing this guy had two characters with Aptitude,and I bought them both
Mentally debating whether I should visit someone with a hacked Anna.

Really late, but it depends.
With Conquest, on normal, yes. There are some characters you will need to commit to making useful, however (Odin comes to mind; he's easily the worst unit in the game), but you shouldn't have too much trouble with using characters because you like them.
On hard, the answer is still yes, but units who are very bad usually will have lots of trouble. It's difficult to use someone like Odin, again, and honestly it isn't worth it to try.
On lunatic, I'd actually argue it is possible with enough effort, but who you can use is more limited. You'll have to avoid bad units, even if you like them.

AW JEEZ GUYS I'M ABOUT TO DO CHAPTER 10 ON CONQUEST I'M SO SCARED.

Just keep Nyx on the Fire orb and Niles on the Ballista and prioritize killing any flying units and you should be fine.I think the house on the right has a Master Seal.

Did it. First try. Went pretty well.

Dunno what the fuss is about.

don't lie
you were crying in the bathroom for like 2 hours

I have access to the lesbian's paralogue mission.

Why in the FUCK are there so many Faceless?

Bitch, you better at least be a good unit.
You mean NoTharja?

I think the trick is to be quick about finishing the mission.

I have a question.

Is it better to promote classes when they're level 10, or should I wait until they reach level 20?

Wait until they're level 20 for those dank stat growths.

I have a question.

Is it better to promote classes when they're level 10, or should I wait until they reach level 20?

Promoting at 10 is basically always the wrong answer, but waiting til 20, while optimal long-term, still not the best solution necessarily, more on a case-by-case basis. Normally between 15-20 is the sweet spot for promotions.

I have a question.

Yeah as others have stated, "never upgrade at 10" is a big rule in Fire Emblem in general. Personally I've never upgraded at anything less then 20, and I always end up feeling that it pays off quite a bit.

Know what Odin is pretty darn good at?
(Seriously spoilers)
Sword master like he used to be. Get that Heart seal! I wonder if a support or Revelations explains why he took up magic.. maybe to honor his mother since clerics are most often made into very strong mages?

honestly it felt like he did it to live out all those tragic hero fantasies he seems to like.
(His penchant for those is known with his support conversation with cynthia in awakening).

Just checking in to say I think the best support convo ever is Nina and Soleil's.It's too good.

He's a Dark Mage in Fates because it's a reference to most Awakening players considering Dark Mage Owain's best reclass

He's a Dark Mage in Fates because it's a reference to most Awakening players considering Dark Mage Owain's best reclass
oooohhhhhh interesting

Is it bad I'm still not done with Conquest 35 hours in?

nah. im grinding supports and getting every child i can before i end Conquest.

nah. im grinding supports and getting every child i can before i end Conquest.
I see.It was my goal to grind every child until I saw Benny's child.I see now it's fine to miss just one.

"Blow a little harder next time..."

I am now experiencing the impossible fury that is Chapter 18.

This is the greatest idea I ever had.

tumblr_o3ohteFa1j1shx3k9o1_400.jpg

Reactions: Lexeous