• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Forum Problems and Feature Requests

Not sure where else to put this but can we please have the link at the top of Skullgirls.com that says "Community" link to this forum?
That's something that I can't change (or won't, rather) - editing the skullgirls website proper is a job for Lab Zero, not me.
I found myself curious if the username "Jim" was available on this forum. I tried to register again with it, not expecting to get it, and I actually did. Is it possible to have this account's name changed to "Jim" instead so I can keep my forum activity, (there isn't much, but it would still be nice to keep it) or should I just start fresh as "Jim"?
Done.

People are getting butthurt about the style, but if they took a second to look at preferences they could change it back to the old style. I feel like we need to alleviate the stupid people of their free will and just make the old one the default.

People are getting butthurt about the style, but if they took a second to look at preferences they could change it back to the old style. I feel like we need to alleviate the stupid people of their free will and just make the old one the default.
When the forums first came back there was no option to change it back to the old style. Since the option to change it arose, NOBODY has made an announcement about it. They are not stupid, they just haven't been informed yet. Be a little more conscious please...

Last edited:
I only started restoring the style last night, and made it available to everyone so that I could get feedback from the IRC. I'll be setting it as the default when some more things are fixed.
I noticed points were back. What exactly are those going to be used for?
Probably won't be used for anything - they are just a forum default that I haven't bothered removing.

That's something that I can't change (or won't, rather) - editing the skullgirls website proper is a job for Lab Zero, not me.

While I appreciate the separation of powers, I've done all that I can to try and contact them. It's as simple as removing a "/forums" from the link, but I understand.

ETA on browsertab-icon
Probably tomorrow sometime
+ team selection in profiles?
A bit longer, probably a day or so after I finish getting the old theme restored.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
I've just realised that this week is when all of my university assignments are due. As a result, all non-urgent updates are or hold (though I'll still be around the forums) until probably this time next week.

I will upload the new favicon tonight, though, because that is a really simple fix. Also, if any of you really hate the old style, you can change to the still-in-progress old SH theme by clicking the link in the very bottom left of the page.

Pls reduce max nick length so we don't get more of these two-line ones ;____; My eyes ples
Reduced from 20 to 15, I don't want to go much lower than that. If we get a lot of users using long names, I can always make the member info panel a little wider.

Sorry but filmstrip should be default style... Like wth I had to come in here to find out that it was available. I see no reason to use that ugly ass not srk blue steel crap and subject our user base to it. Default filmstrip pls. It fits sg perfectly and if people dont want it they can go back to ugly blue and white.

Sorry but filmstrip should be default style... Like wth I had to come in here to find out that it was available. I see no reason to use that ugly ass not srk blue steel crap and subject our user base to it. Default filmstrip pls. It fits sg perfectly and if people dont want it they can go back to ugly blue and white.
It will be the default soon, I just have a few very small bugs to iron out first.

Reactions: Denizen and Dime
I don't know if somebody asked this already or if it's just me, but when a video is under a spoiler tag the player is very small and it's impossible to read anything. It wasn't like this before, but as I'm using a crappy tiny laptop while I wait for my pc to be fixed, I don't know if this happens to everyone. If it does though, I would appreciate it getting fixed.

Seems to be normal-sized to me. If you are using a really small screen, the site might think you're viewing it on a phone and try to adjust things to make them fit.

Reactions: Denizen
Can you put an IRC tab on one of the menus, please?

Can you put an IRC tab on one of the menus, please?
Not until the number of idlers in the room goes down significantly. Before SH went down the first time there were normally 50-60 people in the room. Now that number is 80-100, and I think that many users causes problems for Bellreisa, so I won't be putting the link back up immediately. Sorry.

Seems to be normal-sized to me. If you are using a really small screen, the site might think you're viewing it on a phone and try to adjust things to make them fit.
lol then I don't know what happened but it's fixed. thanks.

Those character icons below your avatar were cool, to see who people use. It gave the forum that bit of flavor.

Thats it really hehe.

Reactions: Makross
Any plans on having a roleplaying section or something along those lines?

Those character icons below your avatar were cool, to see who people use. It gave the forum that bit of flavor.

Thats it really hehe.
That's definitely going to reappear sometime - in fact it will probably be the next thing I add.

Any plans on having a roleplaying section or something along those lines?
I'm happy to make a section for it, but I need to see the need for it first. If you can get a thread or two going that doesn't immediately die from lack of interest, sure.

Reactions: keninblack
That's definitely going to reappear sometime - in fact it will probably be the next thing I add.

I'm happy to make a section for it, but I need to see the need for it first. If you can get a thread or two going that doesn't immediately die from lack of interest, sure.

What kind of thread like requesting someone to rp or if people want a rp section?

Make a RP thread in the General Discussions (As long as its SG themed otherwise it goes to Off Topics which you already have) about "Who wants to SG rp?" for now and see how it goes. I believe there was one in the last forum before SH crashed, but wasn't sure how popular that was.

To get a section dedicated for SG RP would take some considerate amount of interest and some threads revolving around that topic.

Yeah, basically we just need to see that if we create a section for RP that it just won't die after a week or so. I'm sure you've seen forums that have sections where the last post is 6 months+ old, and that's a look we'd like to avoid.

Thats it really hehe.
Done. It's actually a small improvement over the old system, in that people now can't select more than 3 characters for their team. The downside is that it makes the page where you set up your profile kinda messy.

The icons for this, as well as the forum index icons will probably be redone soon, but if there are any problems other than that, let me know.

that would require people to made more of them...

i only remember the umbrella and fortune ones

I've uploaded motion icons for combo notation, but other icons will have to wait.

I tried registering in the forum but odly enough it didn't ask me for my username, so I ended up using my name from my e-mail, can I request an username change with an admin?

I tried registering in the forum but odly enough it didn't ask me for my username, so I ended up using my name from my e-mail, can I request an username change with an admin?
Sure. Just let me know what you want it changed to.

How do you resize images in Skullheart? All the normal BBcode resizers i've tried don't work here.

How do you resize images in Skullheart? All the normal BBcode resizers i've tried don't work here.
I don't think you can at the moment. If the image is larger than the post area in the viewer's browser, it will be automatically zoomed by the forum software, but there is no option to set the width of an image to, say, 527px.

One thing you can do if you just want a huge image to appear smaller is to upload the image with the 'upload a file' option, and then select 'Insert as Thumbnail', which will display a linked thumbnail that is scaled to a maximum dimension of 300px.

EDIT: If this still isn't good enough for what you are doing, let me know and I'll try and modify the BBCode to allow custom sizes.

@Saxton Hale: It just occurred to me that the RP thread might get more attention in the lore section, so I've moved it there.

Link button in quick reply is messed up

It should have a space for URL and optional text so you can make some words clickable and go to whatever. Also, it is easiest way to circumvent autoembed for youtube vids in order to do timestamps (which I personally would like disabled).

The way quick adding a hyperlink in quick-reply works is that you type the text first, select it, and then click the link button. The way that the reply boxes work is one of the few things I can't really change on this site - or at least not easily.

As for YouTube auto-embeds, I can disable them forum-wide, but I'd rather not do that if there's another way around the problem. Were you just trying to create a text link that points to the video? If so, you can just paste the youtube link complete with timestamp into the form that comes up after you click the link button.

Because a lot of relevant discussion happens on twitter, I've added the ability to embed tweets in your posts. Just paste a link to the tweet on a new line and the forum software will handle the rest.

Example;

Reactions: Mr. X
Can you remove the autoembed of twitch streams, please?
99% of things I link are archives, and a link to twitch.tv/user/archive1 gets replaced with an autoembed for twitch.tv/user

Which is *really* annoying

Just make it a button or something?

Reactions: Mr. X
I'll work on that now. I was trying to find a way of embedding archives into posts, but I could only get it to insert livestreams.