• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Forum Problems and Feature Requests

no. too heavy and sometimes even more disturbing than jpg ones

Yeah, unfortunately when we tried that on the very first skullheart, people abused it pretty quickly.

Well I'm not implying 200kb 100x100 gifs that are obnoxious as fuck, of course they'd be rules like must be SFW.

I've been on other forums that keep a constraint on avatars and the limit was about 25kb for 80x80 avatars. It allows you to have animated avatars but it doesn't allow you to use obnoxious gifs. 40kb or so would be enough for small animations.

PIDQOTo.gif

this is an avatar gif. and it is disturbing...

don't know if i'd like to deal with dozens of it here... that's a persona opinion, but at least i can express it.

and what's stopping people from using static avatars that are unsettling? I can't really see your argument holding much water.

More often than not things like psychedelic or nightmarish actions looks way worse in gifs than jpgs... Gifs have more "abuse potential" than static images IMO

I vote strongly against animated avatars. They make a forum look cheap, and they are very distracting.

It would be nice if posts could be disliked.

Please no. I've been on forums where you can rate people 'Dumb' and people use it as a replacement for "I disagree therefor you're stupid" even when there's a Disagree rating too.

Hey all, now that my exams are finished and I've had a few days' rest, I'm going to spend a bit of time making overdue modifications to the site. I've also got another project starting up in the new year, so if there's anything you'd like to see changed on the site, now's a good time to suggest it.

EDIT: Also re. voting down posts - it's something that can be added in if heaps of people start asking for it, but I personally don't like the idea. If you haven't got anything positive to say, and all that.

Salty Umbrella Icons. Come on, you know you wanna. I can send the image of my mask if it helps.

Do you own the image? If so, I'd be happy to add it. Also punhead incoming.

Movelist icons have been resized, but you might not notice the change unless you clear your cache. To save you all some time, I've included them in a spoiler below, so you can just hit ctrl+F5 on this page update your cached version of the images.

:360::QCF::QCB::DP::RDP::HCF::HCB::LP::MP::HP::P::PP::LK::MK::HK::KK::Arrow::>::B::DB::D::DF::F::UF::U::UB::PB::BIG::GB::YB::OB::RB::PA::BA::GA::YA::OA::RA:

any idea when the big band character symbol will be up?

As soon as I can manage to get the beta running on my computer.

Update: Done.

Reactions: Arcana
On the members page, it says "Userame" instead of "Username" on the find member search bar.

Thanks for that. Fixed now.

Why does the Wiki link at the top lead to a santa comic? It sends me here(in case no one else can see it).

Oh wow. Must have pasted the wrong link. Fixing now.

would it be possible to have a thing to the side that displays current game streams like Smashboards has?

Looks like the only plugin that would be suitable is Jaxel's one (Which appears to be the one smashboards is using). Good news is that it's definitely possible and will almost certainly work with all the existing add-ons with a little tweaking. Bad news is that I don't have the cash to buy the add-on right now, so it will probably have to wait until I finally get the money from advertisments.

Do people want the character icons added to the emoticon list?

Reactions: Arcana
Do people want the character icons added to the emoticon list?
That would be cool. Did the Fortune head icons get lost when the forum went down per chance? I would like seeing those or something like those (reminiscent of Twitch emotes i.e.BibleThump and Kappa) make an appearance too if at all possible.

I probably won't bring back both of the Fortune heads, simply because they're practically the same. I'll add the smaller one back in as soon as I can sort out an issue with its transparency.

That's been there since the end of December, and you're only the second person to notice it. (the bin was actually in place of :FIL: to start with, but I put the real icon up after worldjem found it).

Can there be a small guide on posting stuff for forum noobs like me?
Like, how do I throw spoiler tags on stuff?
Is there a preferred image format for uploading?

I don't have time to do a full guide right now, but just to answer your question you can use
Code:
[spoiler=An optional title]Text you want to hide[/spoiler]
which gives you:
Text you want to hide
Or
Code:
[quote=An optional title]Text you want to quote[/quote]
which gives you:
An optional title said:
Text you want to hide
(you can also just hit the reply link under someone else's post if it's in the same thread)

Any image that the forum software will accept is fine, but as a courtesy don't upload massive files or huge images if a smaller one would do the job.

One other thing that is kinda hidden is that if you paste the URL link to a tweet (on twitter), the forum software will auto-embed the whole tweet.

If there's anything else you want to know, feel free to ask.

In the bugs and hardware section mike asked why there was no big band bugs section. Maybe a big band/dlc characters/beta characters section would be good.

I can see the use of having a separate section for Beta related stuff, but I'm hesitant to create a section for each DLC character when there are already ones in the gameplay section, and we'd just end up having to constantly remind people of the distinction between a bug and a gameplay fix (e.g. nerf catheads). For that reason I think it would be best to have a sub-section for all Beta/DLC stuff there, and a sticky to say keep all of the gameplay stuff in the character subforums. Would that be a decent compromise?

Oh and a dumb request, have the code for spoilers in the toolbar? It's just tedious imo to type it in.
(Icon wise? just make it or something?)

I just had a quick look and it doesn't seem like I can change the text editor at all.

I think it would be best to have a sub-section for all Beta/DLC stuff there, and a sticky to say keep all of the gameplay stuff in the character subforums. Would that be a decent compromise?
I didn't mean a section for each separate character, I meant one section for with dlc or one section for the beta character at the moment. So, we were basically saying the same thing :p

@Zidiane Okay, I've created the new section, but I'm a little busy at the moment. Could you move all of the relevant threads from the general bugs section and also here to the new section when you get a chance?

Thanks Vad, I put everything in the beta bugs section the other day. It even got mentioned in the Steam update today, and Mike's got the section watched, so it looks good.

As I was cleaning, I saw some other things that I wanted though. Could we move Software and Hardware stuff into the General SG discussion? I'd like that section to just be for bug reports. I'd also like a "Personal Art Thread" section in the Visual Art forum, for all those "such and such's art thread". I can move all the threads where they go, if it's cool.