• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Freedom Planet: 2D Sonic-Inspired Indie Platformer

you know you want too....i want it.

USlLwZx.gif

Screen-Shot-2013-04-01-at-8.47.11-PM.png

The music! OMG I'll do ANYTHING for it! I HAVE TO HAVE AQUA TUNNEL 1!

DAMMIT! If I woulda known about their kickstarter I would fuckin' donated like I did with SG and Mighty No.9 It's NOT FAIR!!!

View attachment 4801

The music! OMG I'll do ANYTHING for it! I HAVE TO HAVE AQUA TUNNEL 1!

DAMMIT! If I woulda known about their kickstarter I would fuckin' donated like I did with SG and Mighty No.9 It's NOT FAIR!!!

fc1a35048b.png

@ToDDaBeLLa, are you for real? The OST has been on Bandcamp for a while now.
Its also coming to Steam at some point, they said its in the latest build, but it'll download only when you buy it.

Reactions: ToDDaBeLLa
And again, if you have the game, then you also got the OGGs. I'll actually still listen to them occasionally because I like the way they seamlessly loop (particularly Battle Glacier's tracks). The audio quality on the official OST is obviously better though.

Man, I've been bouncing between FP and Shovel Knight a ton lately. Replaying stages, shooting for achievements, just staring at the screen for a few minutes to take things in...it reminds me so much of that first year I got my Genesis, and I was playing MM4 and Sonic1 constantly (w/ some TMNT3 and Golden Axe on the side of course). At the time, I never thought gaming could get any better than that. I'm glad I was wrong!

I'm waiting for the physical copy of the OST, apparently it includes an additional track

doesnt count, they want money. i already knew it was there.
Its got a number of Tracks cut from the game (either beta versions, whatever the heck "Freedom Planet TV" is, & music from a currently cut stage called Ravage Ravine).

Freedom Planet TV was the thing that they were watching in Lilac's tree house after Relic Maze.

So, any idea's how to spread the word?
The game seems too overlooked right now.

I tried getting Pat of the Super Best Friends to friend me on Steam so that I could gift him a copy and hopefully he'd do a Pat Stares At video of it, but no good.

Its also coming to Steam at some point, they said its in the latest build, but it'll download only when you buy it.

Yes I see. I can't believe I was still unaware of it until now. The kickstarter. Ah shit it deeply kills me inside a little.

I wasn't aware of the game until it hit steam and like two people on my friends list bought it immediately.

As I mentioned in the OP, I've been following the game since the original Skullheart thread for Freedom Planet last summer. My first experience with playing it was what I believe was the second demo released on their website, in which Carol was playable from the start, and did not need to be unlocked.

The game is like everthing I want in a sidescrolling game smoothied together, I have no idea how it flew under my radar until launch day.

The way I found out about Freedom Planet was during a Salty Cupcakes stream. Someone in the chat just mentioned it, so I was all, "WTF is that?" So I do a google search and was kinda weirded out by the imagery. Then I played the demo, and it was the greatest thing ever.

It has been since like 2011 or 2012 that I have followed this game. Pretty much I knew about Galaxy Trail's indie games (might have been mostly just Strife who worked games under that name back in the day) in which I found them quite fun, especially Super Ecksdee Panic or his Time Heroes game based around Christmas.

Eventually I learned he was making a Sonic based fan game using fan-made characters by ZiyoLing. I remember in the demo I played back then that Sash Lilac was still an hedgehog, but it certainly has changed enough from its roots to create an original experience (not that it wasn't original enough when it was first revealed even as a fan game). Kinda cool how the person allowed them to use her characters and even change Lilac into a dragon as the game grew its own identity

Man you guys are loyal. Following the game since it's reveal. I feel like a fraud finding out about it now lol. I could be wrong. I'm about to stream this game in a bit actually. Milla looks like Cream...

Reactions: Redblaze27
I do wonder how much Ziyo Ling was involved with the game. Was it just providing the characters, or did he/she do more?

just beat it man. that final level: hell, frustration. unorganized. it was a cluterfuck of everything being thrown at you. the game was a great deal of entertainment. loved it!

I do wonder how much Ziyo Ling was involved with the game. Was it just providing the characters, or did he/she do more?
No idea, I would try to ask her on Deviantart buts its been a few months since she was last active.
just beat it man. that final level: hell, frustration. unorganized. it was a cluterfuck of everything being thrown at you. the game was a great deal of entertainment. loved it!
Now do it with Carol.

Yo, 236 Deaths??? Dude.

Glad you had fun though!

No idea, I would try to ask her on Deviantart buts its been a few months since she was last active.

Now do it with Carol.

I'm doing it with Milla. I like her better. That beam blast is right up my alley.

Yo, 236 Deaths??? Dude.

Glad you had fun though!

Dude...I got killed a lot. Some of those bosses are unorganized chaos.

Dude...I got killed a lot. Some of those bosses are unorganized chaos.
I think my max death count on a run was 75, and that was with Milla.
hmmm. i just realized 10 dollars isn't too bad when you think about it.
Keep in mind that's a "so far". Undoubtedly they'll hadd the new stage tracks when Torque and Spade are released.

Reactions: ToDDaBeLLa
Speaking of which, was it ever completely confirmed that Spade and Torque would be getting their own Adventure Mode runs, rather than just being playable in Time Attack? I would hate to end up being able to play as Spade and STILL not know anything about his past with Lilac and Carol.

Keep in mind that's a "so far". Undoubtedly they'll hadd the new stage tracks when Torque and Spade are released.

damn You did that? hope i can match that, hopefully. i can use that beam blast. omg had dbz vibes the minute i saw it. holy shit i love that mini energy beam, i can use that in my battles.

Speaking of which, was it ever completely confirmed that Spade and Torque would be getting their own Adventure Mode runs, rather than just being playable in Time Attack? I would hate to end up being able to play as Spade and STILL not know anything about his past with Lilac and Carol.

dude when this happens be sure to put me on man. im down. i thought spade was gonna be a boss. surprised he really wasn't.

yeap so true. can't go again't the grain thar bud

Spade for sure.

Torque is also going to be in Adventure Mode. Don't worry. :)

So wait, is Milla playable in adventure mode now? I only have her in time attack.